The SPFL recommendation?

4 minutes ago, ribzanelli said:

No I’d sooner see the games played but I’m realistic enough to acknowledge that it will be a contractual minefield for reasons such as the one I provided. Feel free to batter on with the ‘just push the transfer window back ‘ stuff and keep your head buried in the sand if it suits you better though.

I look forward to the full assessment which the league has carried out for this option, including details of blockers and potential mitigation strategies.

Hopefully it's not just:

We cannae!
How no?
Just coz.

Just a point to those suggesting the season can be extended. It won't be an issue for the big leagues given how few there are but what about loan players? You simply can't extend these. That was something that in his awful article even Gordon Smith admitted would be impossible to get around.

We are not finishing this season. Just ain't ever ever ever going to happen. To suggest you'll be back in the pub in June is honestly ridiculous.

Lots of pie in the Sky pish that’ll never happen, there’s more chance of us going to Spain on our summer holidays in June than there is of Peterhead v Raith Rovers taking place. Dundee will vote Yes/No if it’s No there will be another vote with a carrot for ICT or Dundee.

1 hour ago, Clyde01 said:

Integrity such as misleading other championship chairmen to gain an insight into how they were voting.

Integrity such as asking for your vote not to be counted once it was revealed to be decisive.

Impartiality such as using your questionably established position of power to negotiate friendlies or benefits directly for your own club.

What a load of horse shit.

Good post, only in Scotland (with Celtics backing) can a club not vote by a deadline and then use it as a bargaining chip to be sold off to the highest bidder.

It's like being in the middle of proposing to your bird but then a more attractive one walks in and you say "can you, can you hang on a moment....?"

I'd now be utterly delighted to see Dundee go to the wall. I never want to see their scummy club ever darken the top flight again.

Edited by red23

Heard a wee rumour that may or may not be from spfl mouth directly about plans for a 16/16/16 league set up under the reconstruction plans being thrown about.

Just look at how good that would be. Personally think this will save Scottish football and make people interested in their clubs again.

Top tier of:
Celtic
Rangers
Motherwell
Aberdeen
Livingston
Hibs
St J
Killie
St mirren
Ross county
Hamilton
Hearts
Dundee utd
Inverness
Dundee
Ayr

Second tier of:
Dunfy
Arbroath
Morton
Alloa
Qots
Partick
Raith
Falkirk
Airdrie
Montrose
EF
Dumbarton
Clyde
Peterhead
Forfar
Stranraer

Third tier of:
Cove
Edin
Cowden
Queens
Elgin
Annan
Stirling
Albion
Brechin
Brora
Kelty
Fraserburgh
Bonnyrigg
Inverurie
East Stirling

Sign me up now

3 minutes ago, sirscottyoung said:

Heard a wee rumour that may or may not be from spfl mouth directly about plans for a 16/16/16 league set up under the reconstruction plans being thrown about.

Just look at how good that would be. Personally think this will save Scottish football and make people interested in their clubs again.

Top tier of:
Celtic
Rangers
Motherwell
Aberdeen
Livingston
Hibs
St J
Killie
St mirren
Ross county
Hamilton
Hearts
Dundee utd
Inverness
Dundee
Ayr

Second tier of:
Dunfy
Arbroath
Morton
Alloa
Qots
Partick
Raith
Falkirk
Airdrie
Montrose
EF
Dumbarton
Clyde
Peterhead
Forfar
Stranraer

Third tier of:
Cove
Edin
Cowden
Queens
Elgin
Annan
Stirling
Albion
Brechin
Brora
Kelty
Fraserburgh
Bonnyrigg
Inverurie
East Stirling

Sign me up now

Cove and Edinburgh will be delighted.

It's shite and a non started btw.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

Just read an article from the Partick Thistle web site 

https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/partick-thistle-fc-board-update-14th-april-2020/

senior and junior council have confirmed SPFL have mislead clubs and carried the whole process in an unfair and biased manner 

I think we can all stop talking about the league finishing early as proposed 

3 minutes ago, kvz2000 said:

senior and junior council have confirmed SPFL have mislead clubs and carried the whole process in an unfair and biased manner 

It's Thistle's lawyer's opinion, it's not a binding decision.

Top tier of:
Celtic
Rangers
Motherwell
Aberdeen
Livingston
Hibs
St J
Killie
St mirren
Ross county
Hamilton
Hearts
Dundee utd
Inverness
Dundee
Ayr

Second tier of:
Dunfy
Arbroath
Morton
Alloa
Qots
Partick
Raith
Falkirk
Airdrie
Montrose
EF
Dumbarton
Clyde
Peterhead
Forfar
Stranraer

Third tier of:
Cove
Edin
Cowden
Queens
Elgin
Annan
Stirling
Albion
Brechin
Brora
Kelty
Fraserburgh
Bonnyrigg
Inverurie
East Stirling

Sign me up now

I’d love leagues of 16 but I highly doubt it’ll ever happen although I’d prefer 2 National leagues of 16 then regional at tier 3 (just my opinion). No chance the top tier will allow 16 teams.

12 minutes ago, kvz2000 said:

Counsel's *opinion* is that the SPFL has misled clubs and carried out the process in an unfair and biased manner. 

There is only one way to find out for definite if they have broken their own rules...

13 minutes ago, kvz2000 said:

You do realise that the whole reason trials take place is because we don’t just take the word of the lawyer of an aggrieved party?

8 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Thistle lawyers , Rangers lawyers , Hearts Lawyers and any lawyer that views it on a purely legal point , surely you don’t think offering a cash incentive to vote a certain way is acceptable or state that voting in a certain way is the only way to receive the cash when this is incorrect ......

9 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

being at the wrong end of 3 decisions that went against us, you just know that the SPFL will do what they do best and make the rules up as they go along and the legal challenge holds no water.  I dare say it will be one of those things that will require an 11-1 vote. Reconstruction of the Premiership requires it and on SSB tonight on clyde 1 said there is no appetite for changing the set up of the top league.

Also, for those proposing reconstruction, one very quick reminder:

Any method which either removes an Old Firm fixture or causes another club in the league to lose out on a home match against the Old Firm (before the split) has absolutely no prospect of success. Clubs will not tolerate a reduction in revenue and with 11-1 still in effect will never be passed no matter what the rest of Scottish football thinks. 

My goodness you Raith fans are desperate to be awarded Tainted champions , must be hard having the possibility of getting promoted without deserving it to suddenly realise that’s not going to happen ,

so you think that the SPFL lying to clubs before the vote is acceptable, it’s now not contested that money could be released (loan ) anytime and NOT just when league is finished 

3 minutes ago, kvz2000 said:

Thistle lawyers , Rangers lawyers , Hearts Lawyers and any lawyer that views it on a purely legal point , surely you don’t think offering a cash incentive to vote a certain way is acceptable or state that voting in a certain way is the only way to receive the cash when this is incorrect ......

What I think is immaterial. You said the Thistle view was the deciding factor, it clearly isn't. The SPFL counsel might say the opposite. The outcome has still to be decided.