The SPFL recommendation?

As we made clear in our statement on Friday afternoon, it is a time for integrity and impartiality within Scottish football.

Integrity such as misleading other championship chairmen to gain an insight into how they were voting.

Integrity such as asking for your vote not to be counted once it was revealed to be decisive.

Impartiality such as using your questionably established position of power to negotiate friendlies or benefits directly for your own club.

What a load of horse shit.

2 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

No it's down to health concerns which will still exist, a player playing a contact sport is not the same as you going back to the office the SPFA will still have the same concerns and we'll be lucky to see next season let alone this one.  I tell you what i'll make a gentleman's bet with you that if we're back playing the end of the season in mid June i'll donate £50 to Airdrie's fund and if we're not you can donate £50 to ours.  

I think it's unlikely that we'll be playing the end of the season in June given the way the vote has gone, but it certainly would be preferable than a call.

2 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

Integrity such as misleading other championship chairmen to gain an insight into how they were voting.

Integrity such as asking for your vote not to be counted once it was revealed to be decisive.

Impartiality such as using your questionably established position of power to negotiate friendlies or benefits directly for your own club.

What a load of horse shit.

Spot on.

27 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Is anyone actually believing this p*sh:

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/sport/18379186.dundee-locked-league-reconstruction-talks---unable-cast-decisive-vote-spfl-resolution/

A Dundee statement read: "Following a weekend of discussion and contemplation, we would like to issue the following statement.

"As we made clear in our statement on Friday afternoon, it is a time for integrity and impartiality within Scottish football. Our view on that has not changed.

"Over the past few days, we have entered into various positive discussions with reconstruction at the forefront of these.

"Given our discussions and considering all aspects, we don’t feel we are in a position to comment further on the resolution that was put forward.

"We understand that this may bring more questions than answers and we will look to give a much more substantial account of the past few days at the conclusion of this process.

"Our supporters should know that we are, as always, looking out for the best interests of both Dundee Football Club and Scottish football as a whole."

No. 

53 minutes ago, Pesadilla said:

The same applies to every level. There'll be teams with in the Champions league with players of of contract at the end of the season, and sure as shit that'll get played to a conclusion.

Of course what we need is leadership from the governing body here. I don't see why the season cannot resume mid-June (I expect that's when we'll be out of this lockdown) playing two games a week to mid-July. Start next season at the end of August. Contracts and shit like that can be worked out under these exceptional circumstances. 

This is what england are working towards, and UEFA I believe, which I'm sure will filter throughout europe, although they have stated that games must commence by the end of June.

Surely they can move the transfer window by a month or two which removes the threat of teams signing players before the season is out. Clubs then extend player contracts by a couple of months to account for the longer season.

Until UEFA/FIFA say otherwise theres no need to call a halt now, yet we seem desperate to just end it.

1 minute ago, champions said:

This is what england are working towards, and UEFA I believe, which I'm sure will filter throughout europe, although they have stated that games must commence by the end of June.

Surely they can move the transfer window by a month or two which removes the threat of teams signing players before the season is out. Clubs then extend player contracts by a couple of months to account for the longer season.

Until UEFA/FIFA say otherwise theres no need to call a halt now, yet we seem desperate to just end it.

The transfer window means virtually nothing at our level, how many of the players in this league are not free transfers? Once the contacts expire in June there is no way of stopping them from moving clubs  if they choose.  Yes they might all decide to stay where they are but then again they might not.  How are you going to force them to stay?

Just now, San Starko Rover said:

The transfer window means virtually nothing at our level, how many of the players in this league are not free transfers? Once the contacts expire in June there is no way of stopping them from moving clubs  if they choose.  Yes they might all decide to stay where they are but then again they might not.  How are you going to force them to stay?

That's where leadership from the governing bodies needs to come in. Are we really expected to believe that this cannot be worked out? The players who've signed a pre-contracts new club will most likely be in Scotland (players at our level tend not to be going to serie A) and therefore their new club is in the same boat regarding the remainder of a season.

FFS - the rest of Europe are suffering the same questions yet we in Scotland must have it finalised yesterday, it makes no sense.

Just extend contracts. Just like that. No chance of players holding clubs to ransom I’m sure. Or refusing to extend. You can’t just change the end dates. Once expired they need to be agreed again / renegotiated.

1 minute ago, San Starko Rover said:

If a player is released outwith the transfer window he cannot then play for another team until the window reopens.  If the window is shifted then that would prevent any issues as you suggest. 

Am sure any player would be happy to sign on for another couple of months if it meant getting paid.

4 minutes ago, champions said:

If a player is released outwith the transfer window he cannot then play for another team until the window reopens.  If the window is shifted then that would prevent any issues as you suggest. 

Am sure any player would be happy to sign on for another couple of months if it meant getting paid.

Fine in theory but say one of the better players at a mid table team is tapped up by a mid table team in the division above provided they aren’t injured. Might be happy to not play 8 games in 4 weeks and just sit it out?

1 minute ago, ribzanelli said:

Fine in theory but say one of the better players at a mid table team is tapped up by a mid table team in the division above provided they aren’t injured. Might be happy to not play 8 games in 4 weeks and just sit it out?

So just handing Raith the title is fairier?  

2 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Just extend contracts. Just like that. No chance of players holding clubs to ransom I’m sure. Or refusing to extend. You can’t just change the end dates. Once expired they need to be agreed again / renegotiated.

If the window is shifted to accommodate a longer season, then the player runs the risk of not being paid for a couple of months if he doesn't want to extend past june. 

Pretty much every other league in world football is in the same boat here, which I'm sure UEFA/FIFA are aware of and will provide guidance in due course.

3 minutes ago, ribzanelli said:

Could say the same about players signing pre contracts from January onwards.  Do they just down tools until they move on?

13 minutes ago, champions said:

Right so you've convinced all the players to stay where they are to play the remaining 8 games plus cups and Europe (all of Europe would need to be out of lock down at the same time) how are clubs going to pay the players for the extra 2 months wages while getting no gate money from a closed door game? the Government will no longer pay them if they're working.  

As I've said yes it would be nice if we could finish the seasons but it's absolutely not happening especially when we're having a vote as early as April.  I'd love to be watching us again in June but i'd put my savings on it not happening as there are far too many issues to resolve and we'll be lucky to see next season in full.  No chance of it running late with Euro 2020 in summer 2021.  

Edited by San Starko Rover

2 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Right so you've convinced all the players to stay where they are to play the remaining 8 games plus cups and Europe (all of Europe would need to be out of lock down at the same time) how are clubs going to pay the players for the extra 2 months wages while getting no gate money from a closed door game? the Government will no longer pay them if they're working.  

As I've said yes it would be nice if we could finish the seasons but it's absolutely not happening especially when were having a vote as early as April.  I'd love to be watching us again in June but i'd put my savings on it not happening as there are far too many issues to resolve and we'll be lucky to see next season in full.  No chance of it running late with Euro 2020 in summer 2021.  

a limit imposed on the number of spectators?

A loan from the SPFL against next years prize money?

Pay per view via a club run TV feed?

Season tickets renewed earlier?

Out of interest, with finishing this season early, will clubs have to refund sponsors?

1 hour ago, Pesadilla said:

There will be a change in the lockdown rules in that time frame. At the very least it would allow for closed door matches to be carried out.

Very unsatisfactory, but much fairer than ending it now.

These are probably even more of a disaster for clubs than the current situation. No furlough payments and no way of getting gate money in...

9 minutes ago, champions said:

a limit imposed on the number of spectators? Won't happen until well after June

A loan from the SPFL against next years prize money? Kicking the can down the road to next season which might not go ahead in full

Pay per view via a club run TV feed? Does every club down the league have the ability to do this League 2?

Season tickets renewed earlier? For which division and how many games?, see point 1

Out of interest, with finishing this season early, will clubs have to refund sponsors?

Good question probably depends on the sponsor same with refunding season ticket money being down to the individual fan

Edited by San Starko Rover

13 minutes ago, Pesadilla said:

So just handing Raith the title is fairier?  

No I’d sooner see the games played but I’m realistic enough to acknowledge that it will be a contractual minefield for reasons such as the one I provided. Feel free to batter on with the ‘just push the transfer window back ‘ stuff and keep your head buried in the sand if it suits you better though.