The SPFL recommendation?

1 hour ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

He's my tuppence worth on expansion.

The top league will want their usual cut, leaving less money to be divided amongst more.

Not so appealing now.

There is no top league cut - money is shared out on a sliding scale between place 1 in the Spfl and place 42.  Thus if you are ranked 13 it doesn’t matter if you are top of the Championship or 2nd bottom of enlarged 14 team premier.  The extra money from being in Premier is in gate money and potentially a share of any UEFA solidarity payment 

1 minute ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

There is no top league cut - money is shared out on a sliding scale between place 1 in the Spfl and place 42.  Thus if you are ranked 13 it doesn’t matter if you are top of the Championship or 2nd bottom of enlarged 14 team premier.  The extra money from being in Premier is in gate money and potentially a share of any UEFA solidarity payment 

Point taken, however, the comment was made on expansion, thus 44 teams.

5 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

12th in the Premiership gets double what 1st in the Championship gets - this would be too much of a drop-off within a league.

2 hours ago, expatowner said:

where did you get this from?

He used to write the clubs press releases on the Official website. They were never ever positive about the support the fans gave the club. Most of them  pretty much seethed with irritation that  more folk  didn’t turn up and support the team and I think In the middle of one of our worst seasons, he put out a long rambling statement that felt like it was actually attacking fans and sailed pretty close to blaming us for the teams shit run of form if I remember right. 

To be fair to Drysdale, it was a common attitude towards the support at the club at the time. Turnbull Hutton was superb in the whole Rangers thing, but he also regularly dismissed the fans as idiots and an irritation. They seemed to dismiss supporter’s opinions as if everyone was the worst moron posting on Fantalk. Thankfully that’s been transformed over the last few years. 

5 hours ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

It is not compulsory to vote in British National/Council elections.

HTH.

If you’re going to quote me, at least quote a whole sentence. I posted the (rhetorical) question about withholding voting until you see the outcome of everyone else’s vote. Not about withholding voting per se. 

HTH

2 hours ago, roverthemoon said:

He used to write the clubs press releases on the Official website. They were never ever positive about the support the fans gave the club. Most of them  pretty much seethed with irritation that  more folk  didn’t turn up and support the team and I think In the middle of one of our worst seasons, he put out a long rambling statement that felt like it was actually attacking fans and sailed pretty close to blaming us for the teams shit run of form if I remember right. 

This one here

To give some context, the premature information was Gary Locke speaking to the Daily Record. He utterly shits on the fans for not going with the cheap prices without acknowledging we'd not won a game since October. The cherry on top of the cake was that our hospitality for our Hearts game was based on a package including a Q&A with Hearts legends Gary Locke (0 wins since October) and Rudi Skacel (0 goals for Raith) - ultimately they ended up having to cancel the event due to a lack of uptake. 

Amazing how many qualified lawyers there are on here knowing there will definitely be a legal challenge. They've voted in terms of the constitution. If the constitution allows a vote this way then so be it.

It may very well be a joke and a farce but if there's no breach of the roles then nothing can do done. Simple as that. A joke and a farce are not legal arguments the last time I checked.

2 minutes ago, Ding Dang Doo said:

Amazing how many qualified lawyers there are on here knowing there will definitely be a legal challenge. They've voted in terms of the constitution. If the constitution allows a vote this way then so be it.

It may very well be a joke and a farce but if there's no breach of the roles then nothing can do done. Simple as that. A joke and a farce are not legal arguments the last time I checked.

I'm sure there will be legal challenges one way or the other.  They may not win at the end of the day but i cant see this shambles suddenly disappearing after dundee finally vote. The thing with legal challenges is they slow everything down as clubs go through the different levels.  If the clubs were wanting clarity it could be a long time before that happens.

I'm sure there will be legal challenges one way or the other.  They may not win at the end of the day but i cant see this shambles suddenly disappearing after dundee finally vote. The thing with legal challenges is they slow everything down as clubs go through the different levels.  If the clubs were wanting clarity it could be a long time before that happens.

They also cost a hell of a lot and they'll be advised of the likelihood of success before anything is undertaken. You can't just make a challenge based on absolutely nothing as that'll be thrown out immediately. There has to be a legal basis. Clubs may not like the decision but as I said if it's within the league's own rules then that's that.