The SPFL recommendation?

2 minutes ago, renton said:

Presume you wont be buying a season ticket, merchandise or contributing to Falkirk FC in any way until the virus is gone?

I’m in the fortunate position that I’m on full pay just now mate. I appreciate that I’m lucky.

I’ll buy my ticket as that’s within my normal budget.

If a ‘superfan’ begs to me I’ll take it up with them if it happens mate.

9 minutes ago, basher brash said:

I appreciate your point of view Shadwell Dog but unfortunately most of the clubs couldnt have forseen a worldwide pandemic if Rovers did i would believe we would have went fully part time. Like you say Falkirk have still got money but you were fortunate that you made a few bob from selling players , reaching play offs in the champoinship but now that pile is getting smaller and smaller. You have to mind we have been stuck in division 1 for 3 years and our finances have are shocking so every penny is a prisoner

Now that it has happened there should be hard and fast laws/rules/ procedures  put in place to avoid this clusterfuck ever happening again should a similar pandemic situation / war or extraordinary catastrophic event occur . 

Of course that is dependent on any sensible dialogue and resolutions coming out of this current extraordinary event .  Which seems a distinct  impossibility  at this moment in time. 

Guest Ecosse83
1 minute ago, renton said:

Is that their call to make? 

I'm not sure mate. I remember reading something about Liverpool a while back going on about UEFA calling off all league's and them not getting the title. 

Its bloody messy that's for sure!

13 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I just don’t think it’s the right time to go begging to the public to pay footballers wages mate. If people are happy to spend what they have on that then fair play.

Are you fucking stupid? 

It's been pointed out to you at least a couple of times that it was the fans idea.

People wouldn't pay in if they couldn't afford to do so. 

Just now, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

Are you fucking stupid? 

It's been pointed out to you at least a couple of times that it was the fans idea.

Aye but that Andy Mill eh, smooth talker that he is. Would have the fillings out yer Granny's teeth if you gave him a chance...

33 minutes ago, renton said:

14-14-14 would certainly solve most if not all of the issues, except that it involves a dilution of top league finances and a probable drop in number of OF derbies.

The 2012 reconstruction scenario involved a complex mid season break out into three tiers of 8, all in the name of recovering those derbies (and tied to The Rangers being allowed into the 2and tier to affect a swift comeback). That kind of byzantine fucked up ladder might be the only thing that manages to pass, rather than the nice, simple, common sense scenario in the article.

Any reconstruction needs to factor in 4 old firm derbies, any other proposals are dead in the water if they don't unfortunately.

A league of 14 with some sort of a split after 2 rounds would give you the 4 old firm derbies so would be the only way I could see it work.

Survival of clubs should be the top priority of the league bosses that’s more important than prizes for a few clubs , pay out some money to all clubs now and sort out the finer details later . Personally I think our small leagues are terrible , playing each other 4 times a season is not a good idea , I would have two leagues , amalgamate the top two and the lower two leagues so many positives by doing this . But get clubs their money now 

3 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Crikey, you are very aggressive.

Stupidity is one of my trigger points. 

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Which is exactly why he’s a great choice for getting money out of fans. The vulnerable will think ‘That Andy is a really nice guy’.

🤦🏻‍♂️

Bill Clark needs to wind his neck in a bit. We all know the Rovers want the vote to pass as it guarantees them promotion which is the only way they can get out of the financial shit show they've created for themselves since coming down to League 1, so him trying to paint it as "everyone in the same boat we all need the cash" is extremely dishonest at best. Aye, clubs will be struggling without the cash a bit, but the Rovers have far more to gain from this passing, mainly because of the cash they've burned the past few years.

4 minutes ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

Are you fucking stupid? 

People also probably didnt think this would run on i get your point but  if i said to you lend me £100 and say aye no problem then 3 months down the line  your short of money and cant pay your bills struggle to put food on the table and ask me for £100 and i cant give you it, then your going to regret giving me that hundred quid.

its no the affording its the fact we have no certainty that people or things are going to be back to normal in 3 months time we could still be on lockdown.

1 minute ago, Big Fifer said:

Bill Clark needs to wind his neck in a bit. We all know the Rovers want the vote to pass as it guarantees them promotion which is the only way they can get out of the financial shit show they've created for themselves since coming down to League 1, so him trying to paint it as "everyone in the same boat we all need the cash" is extremely dishonest at best. Aye, clubs will be struggling without the cash a bit, but the Rovers have far more to gain from this passing, mainly because of the cash they've burned the past few years.

What's dishonest about pointing out that there are a lot of clubs who are in real danger of going out of business? 

1 minute ago, kvz2000 said:

Survival of clubs should be the top priority of the league bosses that’s more important than prizes for a few clubs , pay out some money to all clubs now and sort out the finer details later . Personally I think our small leagues are terrible , playing each other 4 times a season is not a good idea , I would have two leagues , amalgamate the top two and the lower two leagues so many positives by doing this . But get clubs their money now 

Aye, but since 1975 they have been painting them selves into an ever decreasing corner. Every reconstruction since addresses a crisis or an agenda, never the long term good. It's too far gone to properly resolve now.

2 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

Then why did all those other clubs vote for it, if it were just a case of 'struggling a bit', how do you know its dishonest?

2 minutes ago, renton said:

Then why did all those other clubs vote for it, if it were just a case of 'struggling a bit', how do you know its dishonest?

Forfar chair has already came out and said the reason he voted for it is they have a bigger gate from having Falkirk and Partick in the league wheres the fairness in that comment to ourselves and Partick.1 pt behind with a chance of winning the league and a game in hand with a chance of saving themselves from relegation.

1 minute ago, AL-FFC said:

Forfar chair has already came out and said the reason he voted for it is they have a bigger gate from having Falkirk and Partick in the league wheres the fairness in that comment to ourselves and Partick.1 pt behind with a chance of winning the league and a game in hand with a chance of saving themselves from relegation.

That wasn't the only reason he gave, though it's understandable that's be the reason you latch on to.

The point is that far from being the only club in any kind of financial difficulties because of us 'burning cash' to get out of league 1, the reality is that a lot of Scottish clubs live largely hand to mouth with little room for error in terms of forward planning. Even small delays can create cash flow problems that could conceivably wipe a club out.

Clark may be the most visible and vocal, but we also have Ayr's chairman claiming that they voted Yes because they would be in trouble a couple of months down the line. Despite a successful few seasons, costs tend to scale with the level of success so it's no wonder that even clubs who aren't stranded in league 1 'burning through cash' are looking to resolve this issue.

Presumably no one thinks all those League 1 and 2 votes were bought off the back of Clark's media performances. So in that case, maybe those fans should ask themselves why their own clubs happily ticked the Yes box.

1 minute ago, AL-FFC said:

Did you listen to that interview? Have just relistened to it and he did not say that at all. What he said was he wanted clarity whether it was Partick and Falkirk in the league or Stranraer and Cove as it would determine their budgeting for next season. I would imagine the main reason we voted yes was because we are currently 9th. Like every club have voted for what us best for them.

Guest Ecosse83

You lot could argue about the rights and wrongs forever and still get nowhere. 

Let's all just be honest and say the club's are going to look after our own interests. If Falkirk were top we would have voted yes and if Raith were 2nd the chairman wouldn't be coming out with the stuff he is. 

Dundee are only one of 6 clubs in Scotland to have insurance to cover the pandemic, they will quite rightly do what is in the best interests of their club.