The SPFL recommendation?

Just now, AL-FFC said:

Partick have already stated they wont be voting in favour of calling an end to the season you have 3 clubs in play off spots so theres your 75 per cent of each league to vote in favour gone out the window then you have Stranraer to accept relegation and anyone of Montrose, Falkirk, East Fife and Airdrie to ignore any play off or indeed League Winners so thats league one voting against it

League 1 & 2 are a combined vote. 

1 minute ago, AL-FFC said:

Partick have already stated they wont be voting in favour of calling an end to the season you have 3 clubs in play off spots so theres your 75 per cent of each league to vote in favour gone out the window then you have Stranraer to accept relegation and anyone of Montrose, Falkirk, East Fife and Airdrie to ignore any play off or indeed League Winners so thats league one voting against it

Depends how much they need the cash though.  The one thing this has shown is how many clubs are run on the edge of financial disaster.  Very few have any sort of cash reserves and that's why you see the begging bowls out after only a couple of weeks inactivity. That's why the money shouldn't be reliant on clubs voting for this.

I would say those to vote against it would be as follows:

League 1: East Fife, Falkirk, Montrose, Airdrie and Stranraer

league 2:  Elgin City, Edinburgh City, Cowdenbeath,  Queens Park and brechin

all teams in play off spots or chance of play off  and relegation positions.

Why would Brechin vote against it? 

3 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Wheres the benefit? 

Vote against it for a voided season - None get promoted.

Vote to continue - Potential no prize money until November, no idea how long to extend contract until.

What benefit is there to teams in the play offs to not end the season now?

Just now, CALDERON said:

Why would Brechin vote against it? 

Brechin would obviously be desperate for it to go ahead. Difficult to call playoff sides as it depends on how badly they need some cash.  This bribing teams to vote yes by basically telling them it's the only way they'll get some cash is the bit that really gets my goat. 

OK so one team out that list might not you still have 9 teams out of 20 voting against it

Cowdenbeath badly need the cash. I don't think it's as clear cut as saying a team in the playoff will note no. The playoffs won't be going ahead anyway even if the vote doesn't go ahead. 

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Brechin would obviously be desperate for it to go ahead. Difficult to call playoff sides as it depends on how badly they need some cash.  This bribing teams to vote yes by basically telling them it's the only way they'll get some cash is the bit that really gets my goat. 

and the open "discussions on the possibility of reconstruction" i.e. going to take our colt teams it will gives you more money and make the game more interesting

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Yeah I don't think that's really fair from the SPFL to be honest. I would have like to have thought at least there would be a bit of a concrete plan for reconstruction, rather than the half baked wait and find out plan. 

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Wheres the benefit? 

Vote against it for a voided season - None get promoted.

Vote to continue - Potential no prize money until November, no idea how long to extend contract until.

What benefit is there to teams in the play offs to not end the season now?

Why does the whole prize money  thing seem to rely on a yes vote. Noone has given any reason why at least some of the prize money cant be given out now to allow more time to discuss reconstruction and other ways forward.  Then you can have a definitive vote once reconstruction and the premier league situation is clarified. Clubs are then not being blackmailed into making a decision.

There is a conflation of two separate issues going on right now in Scottish football, and one of them is being driven by naked opportunism.  To be clear, the immediate crisis, and crisis it most certainly is, is the pandemic, and football is basically a facet of its grim effects on society.  So, we should concentrate fully on that situation and how the game's authorities and the clubs respond to the threat it poses in a coherent effort at collectve preservation.  That means all divisons, all in lockstep, with no special pleading for the self-serving elite, end of.

But naw, the bams who desire permanent disruption in the form of never-ending league reconstruction, allied to shoe-horning colt teams in come Hell or high water have spied a golden opportunity in the midst of this mayhem.  The clubs must hold firm and resist this shite - there may be a time and a place, but it is not now.

And I think we had better all prepare for a very long lay-off, as football, cinema, gigs, etc., will be right at the back of the queue to resume, despite what the SPFL might decide.

3 hours ago, CALDERON said:

However I also dont think its fair to dish out prize money based on current standings, then voiding the season and not recognising those standings in a sporting sense. 

It's entirely possible to just pay out on current positions, say the season is called but just not promote or relegate anyone.

That's effectively what's being proposed for all play-off places as well as spot 42. 

thing is on the face of it its not going to get voted through, so they are down to 2 options play out the season in some way shape or form no matter how long it takes or null and void the whole season.

2 hours ago, TxRover said:

As CALDERON notes, you are trading 4 hame games (for most teams) eventually for the loss of 9 home games certain. It make no sense to impact the 2020-2021 season length adversely in order to “resolve” the 2019-2020 season.

Not necessarily. Given the current situation, there's a question mark over next season starting on time. We simply play the remaining round of fixtures when we can and play either 2 or three rounds next season. Potentially even with a compressed calendar.

We're already in the position where we may have to flexible with next season. Committing to finishing this season doesn't change that.

1 minute ago, Gordon EF said:

Not necessarily. Given the current situation, there's a question mark over next season starting on time. We simply play the remaining round of fixtures when we can and play either 2 or three rounds next season. Potentially even with a compressed calendar.

We're already in the position where we may have to flexible with next season. Committing to finishing this season doesn't change that.

I'm actually now of the opinion that I'll be surprised to see any football played this year. That being the case I would just forget about 20/21 altogether. Finish this season in the first half of 2021 and then start afresh with 2021/22. No point trying to shoehorn a whole season into 5 or 6 months.

9 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I'm actually now of the opinion that I'll be surprised to see any football played this year. That being the case I would just forget about 20/21 altogether. Finish this season in the first half of 2021 and then start afresh with 2021/22. No point trying to shoehorn a whole season into 5 or 6 months.

Yep. Decisions taken now on the assumption that we need to safeguard a July/August start for 2020/21 seems mental.