The SPFL recommendation?

2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

What can they actually offer dundee to make them vote yes? It's not right anyway if you ask me that dundee can try and broker a deal that suits them better but every other club that voted no cant. 

A buy off for the playoff they won't get, I assume. 

Anything else they could feasibly want seems to be a non-starter. 

Forfar chairman saying they are only due £3700 in final payments.
Say they want clarity so they can sort out contracts and accounts for next season. Fair enough.
Then goes onto say we can expect £75000 from the relegation of Thistle and Falkirk staying down. 
Sorry pal, if it comes to it no bridies for me next season.

(Based on 2018/19 figures as I haven’t seen those for this season.) Bottom club gets £70k. As every club gets at least that, my understanding is that they all get this through three (?) equal payments during the season. At the end the prize money is paid. For finishing 9th the prize is £72.5k; for 8th £75k. So we’re really talking about very little extra for the teams near the bottom. Think this must have been what the Forfar chairman meant.

Just now, Michael W said:

A buy off for the playoff they won't get, I assume. 

Anything else they could feasibly want seems to be a non-starter. 

But if they pay them off for a playoff they've got to pay off another 8 sides. Cant see that kind of extra cash rolling about.

1 minute ago, renton said:

Who is that meant to be from? Drysdale?

I would presume so. Spfl bod should not be contacting dundee though during the voting process. They've done there bit and should've been up.to the clubs then to decide what they are going to do.

Just now, Shadwell Dog said:

But if they pay them off for a playoff they've got to pay off another 8 sides. Cant see that kind of extra cash rolling about.

The League One and Two vote is in the bag, so really they only need 1. But I agree - other teams need considered also. Wouldn't be surprised if they offer it to Championship only, though.

I mean, if Dundee truly were looking to negotiate, it doesn't help letting all their private conversations into the open. Those comms are definitely real?

They certainly fall in line with exactly what happened between dundee and ict/partick. It will have been one of them probs ICT that released these.

I mean, if Dundee truly were looking to negotiate, it doesn't help letting all their private conversations into the open. Those comms are definitely real?

I don't know, but the associated circus around this has been caused by the man who negotiated a deal for David Bates, which was "a good one for the club", only for it to unravel a mere week later when Gary Locke inadvertently made some unguarded comments and revealed that we gave him away for nothing. 

The grubby paws of Drysdale are all over this shitshow. He is at best being underhand and at worst is an outright liar. 

1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

If an email attachment gets caught in a firewall, isn't it usually held and a message sent to the intended recipient? Then you can arrange its release via your own IT or contact the sender.

Only their one tripped the spfl firewall and noone else sounds like bull?  As you say the email wouldve then arrived at spfl without the attached file.Easy enough to check the audit trial and see what exactly happened. 

2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

They certainly fall in line with exactly what happened between dundee and ict/partick. It will have been one of them probs ICT that released these.

That'd be shite behaviour in of itself.

Dundee claiming they hadn't made their minds up and mulling it over is a defensible position.

Drysdale running about excitedly taking about leverage. Not so much.

I mean, the fact that shitehawk is involved means that the we fucked it up explanation rings true, but really, no idea where they go from here.

4 minutes ago, renton said:

That'd be shite behaviour in of itself.

Dundee claiming they hadn't made their minds up and mulling it over is a defensible position.

Drysdale running about excitedly taking about leverage. Not so much.

I mean, the fact that shitehawk is involved means that the we fucked it up explanation rings true, but really, no idea where they go from here.

Dundee have been shafting their creditors for years so no reason they wouldnt do it to there fellow clubs.  Someone must have told the spfl that dundee were going to vote no or they wouldnt have been on the phone trying to change their minds.

Edited by Shadwell Dog