1 minute ago, The Reverend said:

Doh! I mean't sides finishing second to fourth. Well spotted. Thanks.

That'll be six teams playing a knockout competition.

11 minutes ago, Paco said:

Why are people swallowing this line that the SPFL have deliberately lost Dundee’s vote?

Evidently Eric Drysdale has told Championship chairmen Dundee have submitted a No vote. The SPFL dispute this. If you’re Dundee, and you want to vote no, surely you just send it again and save all this hassle?

Release a simple statement saying we’ve been told the SPFL haven’t received our vote so we’ve sent it again. For the avoidance of doubt, we’ve voted no.

But they aren’t doing that. They’re quite clearly angling for something. Everything else is just a sideshow drama.

Maybe more down the line of dundee put there vote in which would scupper the deal. Cockwomble then says to them if you vote no the deals scuppered.  Dont be hasty. Your vote doesnt have to be in for a while yet. We'll have a wee chat over the weekend and see if we can allay any fears and then you can vote monday. Ok? Will be interesting to see what the whistleblower comes up with. The ICT director saw Dundee no vote on WhatsApp and dundee telling the clubs they had voted. Something then happened to that vote.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

That'll be six teams playing a knockout competition.

Aye, the sides finishing third could play the sides finishing fourth in the corresponding league (perhaps a one-off game with home advantage?). The winners then play the sides finishing second.

3 minutes ago, The Reverend said:

Aye, the sides finishing third could play the sides finishing fourth in the corresponding league (perhaps a one-off game with home advantage?). The winners then play the sides finishing second.

Why would any one from a cross division play off be granted home advantage?

You'll have guessed that I think you're making this up as you go along. Wouldn't it be better to take a more measured approach?

6 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

The ICT director saw Dundee no vote on WhatsApp and dundee telling the clubs they had voted. Something then happened to that vote.

You have three competing theories:

1) Dundee didn't send it.

2) Dundee did send it, the SPFL didn't get it, and Dundee decided for some reason not to just resend it once that was confirmed.

3) Dundee sent it, the SPFL did get it but claimed not to, and Dundee decided not to do a single thing about it.

Which of these seems most and least likely to you?

You can ell this is douglas parks first experience of cockwombles squad.

Park said: "The lack of leadership and responsibility from the SPFL as a members’ organisation has shocked me.'

Really? It certainly hasn't shocked anyone else that follows scottish football.

2 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

2) Dundee did send it, the SPFL didn't get it, and Dundee decided for some reason not to just resend it once that was confirmed.

3) Dundee sent it, the SPFL did get it but claimed not to, and Dundee decided not to do a single thing about it.

4) They have been dangled a carrot by Doncaster ????

4 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

To be honest I think I'll ust wait and see what the whistleblower comes up with.  The only facts are that dundee were voting no and told other clubs they had sent in their vote.  Something a bit dodgy happened after that  and neither dundee or the spfl seemed at all keen for the vote to be submitted again straight away. We'll just need to see what comes out in the wash.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

1 minute ago, SJP79 said:

4) They have been dangled a carrot by Doncaster ????

That would fall into 2) or 3), but I can't think of any realistic "carrot" that can be dangled Dundee's way here, or why they would choose to do that rather than just go back to the drawing board.

2 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

That would fall into 2) or 3), but I can't think of any realistic "carrot" that can be dangled Dundee's way here, or why they would choose to do that rather than just go back to the drawing board.

Whole thing is bonkers, hope Doncaster gets his P45 if he's been up to no good.

Forfar chairman saying they are only due £3700 in final payments.
Say they want clarity so they can sort out contracts and accounts for next season. Fair enough.
Then goes onto say we can expect £75000 from the relegation of Thistle and Falkirk staying down. 
Sorry pal, if it comes to it no bridies for me next season.

What about the tramp Forfar Chairman on Sportsound. In one breath - this is not about money. The next sentence he was quoting the 100k they would get from us and Partick next season if the plan went through. A prized c**t

Nearly as bad as publishing voting numbers before a votes finished.
Did Doncaster pump your missus or something... you're beginning to sound like a complete tit.

9 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Forfar chairman saying they are only due £3700 in final payments.
Say they want clarity so they can sort out contracts and accounts for next season. Fair enough.
Then goes onto say we can expect £75000 from the relegation of Thistle and Falkirk staying down. 
Sorry pal, if it comes to it no bridies for me next season.

You guys are the only club I feel for through this whole thing. I think yous would have avoided automatic relegation and as for the rest of us I couldn’t see anything changing bar who went up and down via play offs. 

1 hour ago, Ro Sham Bo said:
2 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:
Is that possible for part time players with two wages ? Serious question.  
I asked my accountant this as casual chat as he is a football man himself and he wasn't 100% sure but felt it wouldn't be acceptable. 

It's absolutely possible as confirmed by HMRC and if I was you I'd be slightly worried my accountant didn't know that.

To be fair I asked him about 3 weeks ago when he was sorting out stuff for me.  At that time nobody was sure about who was due what and how to claim etc. 

Just when the question came up here  I thought I'd ask again.   

Glad it is cleared up though . 😉

4 minutes ago, RavyDavy said:
1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:
Nearly as bad as publishing voting numbers before a votes finished.

Did Doncaster pump your missus or something... you're beginning to sound like a complete tit.

Fan of Neil Doncaster found at last. I suppose there is always one. Any others on here? I very much doubt it.

Edited by Shadwell Dog