The SPFL recommendation?

Unfair on East Fife to promote the top 4 as is as they have been in the top 4 all season until the final game before the stop surely the only fair way to promote from league 1 is the top 6 or none
So on that theory then Rovers have been top 21 weeks of this season. [emoji108]

3 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

That is why we should end this season now and concentrate fully on making a workable solution for everyone.  

The clubs have shown no interest in trying to find that solution. Their only bothered about getting their prize money . If that results in others getting shafted then so be it but noones interested in trying to do anything for those clubs. To me one club getting shafted is one too many. But it'll be a case of right move along now nothing to see here once the prize money hits some clubs bank accounts.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

The clubs have shown no interest in trying to find that solution. Their only bothered about getting their prize money . If that results in others getting shafted then so be it but noones interested in trying to do anything for those clubs.

Sadly true. 

If that attitude is to continue then I am finished with spending my hard earned cash on this corrupt institution.  Golf will become my preferred leisure pursuit. 

6 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

The clubs have shown no interest in trying to find that solution. Their only bothered about getting their prize money . If that results in others getting shafted then so be it but noones interested in trying to do anything for those clubs. To me one club getting shafted is one too many. But it'll be a case of right move along now nothing to see here once the prize money hits some clubs bank accounts.

Not true - clubs mainly want clarity not charity

12 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Not true - clubs mainly want clarity not charity

That's a laughable claim.  I've not seen one lower league chairman put clarity in front of getting money in to keep their club going.  Your saying yeah fine if we go bust as long as we know what's happening. Do you really think  your cowdenbeath or ayr or  montrose or elgin are happy to give up a possible playoff spot just for clarity and not for getting cash in asap to ensure the club can survive?😂😂😂😂

Edited by Shadwell Dog

1 hour ago, Gordon EF said:

People who're proposing to finish the season are suggesting doing it, realistically, after the summer. Given that it may be impossible to have a complete 2020/21 season starting in August, it's at least a potential solution.

How would I know why something like that's not being offered? Most likely because clubs are having a financial gun held to their head and being asked to call this season.

There's a significant number of people acting as if playing football again in june is utter lunacy but players doing pre-season in July and starting games in auguest is a foregone conclusion. It's not at all.

I've no doubt, you are concerned about Scottish football. But your support for this proposal is primarily because it's a get out of jail card for Brechin.

Its certainly not a forgone conclusion and I suspect 2020/21 will be delayed. Not sure why trying to fit in the remainder of this season helps that fact.

If we do end up playing the remaining fixtures after the summer, do we have two transfer windows? One prior to the remaining games and one prior to commencing the new season? Or do we have one window prior to finishing the current season, no break and just jump straight into the new season?

How can games be played behind closed doors? Are football players immune to the virus? How do the clubs make money? 
Money wise I'd expect the spfl to relax live broadcasts and it can be live on clubs websites. Both sets of fans can buy it for a fee. I can't see it though as you stated you can't play football at a social distance.

The way it was explained to me was because the season stopped in March and if we start playing our remaining fixtures in July then July would become March and contracts of players etc will automatically follow. Can’t remember what the law was called. Basically where it stopped it would start again until the fixtures were completed.

47 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

And so are yours, very bitter that your closest rivals get promoted. I'm not hiding the fact that I firmly believe my team is promoted. As I've said the decision shouldn't involve Raith and Stranraer as we should go up and they go down the only decision surrounds the playoff teams and how best to resolve. 

That's old firm level paranoid nonsense.

You are hiding that fact by pretending your arguments are based around financial certainty rather than a desperation to end up in the championship next season by whatever means necessary. Like I said, i don't blame you for feeling that way. the reason we all know that's the case is that we'd all feel the same way in the same situation.

If the season was played out, of course I'd rather Raith stayed down than won the league. But what I'm actually arguing for is giving Raith the best chance to go on and win the league if that's at all possible.

If it's not, let's vote on whether there's promotion or not. I'll happily accept any outcome of that and I'm not entirely sure whether I'd support no promotion/relegation or not.

This is your regular reminder that the season will not be completed, no matter how fair it would be, and no matter how much you might want it.

The season will not finish in the natural sense. Any discussion about it is a waste of time.

53 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

That is why we should end this season now and concentrate fully on making a workable solution for everyone.  

That doesn't make sense at all.

Some decisions are better made quickly - pay out prize money now to stop clubs going to the wall.

Some decisions are better made when you have as much information as it's possible to have - when / if we can start season 2020/21.

19 minutes ago, Hannibal Lecturer said:

The way it was explained to me was because the season stopped in March and if we start playing our remaining fixtures in July then July would become March and contracts of players etc will automatically follow. Can’t remember what the law was called. Basically where it stopped it would start again until the fixtures were completed.

Not a chance they could or should play in July.. far to early. Even a phased return from isolation will not mean an end to social distancing and quite rightly Football should be the last thing to be back to “work”.

It will be September at very earliest. I work in NHS that’s the message we are getting

Edited by FREDDYFRY

1 hour ago, Gordon EF said:

Yep and all your concerns about certainty and contracts presumably go out the window if it doesn't involve promoting Raith right?

Would you be happy with calling the league but no promotion or relegation?

if clubs know what league they'll be in but have no idea when that league will start or how many games there'll be how do you suggest they budget?

No.

Yes.

That's still going to be difficult, that's true - but that's not any kind of reason to add additional logistical problems over and above it. This season is done with, that's something everyone needs to come to terms with.

This is your regular reminder that the season will not be completed, no matter how fair it would be, and no matter how much you might want it.

The season will not finish in the natural sense. Any discussion about it is a waste of time.
Incredible the amount of folk that still don't get this. Still think they'll try and argue for it even when UEFA call it eventually

32 minutes ago, renton said:

Its certainly not a forgone conclusion and I suspect 2020/21 will be delayed. Not sure why trying to fit in the remainder of this season helps that fact.

If we do end up playing the remaining fixtures after the summer, do we have two transfer windows? One prior to the remaining games and one prior to commencing the new season? Or do we have one window prior to finishing the current season, no break and just jump straight into the new season?

It doesn't help that fact, it opens up the possibility of finishing this season's fixtures, that's all.

We won't finish the fixtures before summer, we won't play the fixtures in summer and jump straight into season 2020/21 but it we can't play football until October, for example, it would be perfectly possible to play out the remaining 2019/20 fixtures and then have a half season in 2020/21.

in that scenario, I'd suggest one transfer window after 2019/20 is finished although I'm not sure transfer windows would really matter than much for most of our clubs as players contracts will be up anyway.

As I've already said, if it turns out by end of May that there's a high certainly 2020/21 can go ahead as normal, then I'm for calling 2019/20 so's not to impact the following season. If 2020/21's going to be impacted anyway then there's no benefit to rushing to call 2019/20 to provide certainty that plainly isn't there anyway.

27 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

That's old firm level paranoid nonsense.

You are hiding that fact by pretending your arguments are based around financial certainty rather than a desperation to end up in the championship next season by whatever means necessary. Like I said, i don't blame you for feeling that way. the reason we all know that's the case is that we'd all feel the same way in the same situation.

If the season was played out, of course I'd rather Raith stayed down than won the league. But what I'm actually arguing for is giving Raith the best chance to go on and win the league if that's at all possible.

If it's not, let's vote on whether there's promotion or not. I'll happily accept any outcome of that and I'm not entirely sure whether I'd support no promotion/relegation or not.

No you are right I want out of this seaside league and financially it will be better for the club I support. I would be pissed if I was a Falkirk fan, but they would say the same if their team were top of the league. 

2 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

No you are right I want out of this seaside league and financially it will be better for the club I support. I would be pissed if I was a Falkirk fan, but they would say the same if their team were top of the league. 

Of course they would. They'd be coming up with a whole host of reasons why the league must be called now and that they'd earned promotion on merit and Raith fans would be on here trying to think up as many ways not to call the season and talking about how Falkirk haven't earned promotion and so don't deserve to be handed it and how unfair it would be to relegate Partick with 8 games to go, etc.

I'm not criticising anyone for feeling that way. I'm pointing out that all your arguments are just the ones cherry-picked to suit what you want to happen in your gut. The same way it is for Hearts, Partick, etc in the opposite direction.

4 hours ago, Donathan said:

Yes there is. The fairest and best approach is to play out the season whenever it is safe to do so (even if that means autumn).

Have a variety of scenarios for the format of next season based on the ultimate end date of this one (all 12-10-10-10 though)

If it ends over the summer then next season proceeds as normal

If it ends in September/October then play a 27 game season (33 in the premiership)

If it’s not until November/December then play a half season

Worst case scenario if it’s shut down for a whole year then you cancel next season altogether and just complete this season next spring.

In this scenario of just waiting around for season 19/20 to finish, possibly in 2021, when are clubs entitled to any prize money due? Are they entitled if the season isn’t finished?

16-16-14 could be a set up that might work promote current championship top 4 to top flight

Then current league 1 top 6 to a championship and then the rest in bottom league 1 with top 2 in both highland and lowland leagues promoted

Split the top 2 leagues after 30 games and do as they do in several european countries amd have a title/promotion group in top league with all teams starting on zero points after split then all games mean something after it with any team winning title and euro places and being relegated

Same in league 1 after 30 games any of the top 8 can go in 2 team promotiom and any 2 relagated in bottom 2 then bottom league could do same 2 top from a split and bottom 2 relagted