The SPFL recommendation?

5 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

I'll say it again if your team were 1st and not 5th then I bet you would be calling for promotion. Raith over the course of the season as completed have been the best team, that's why we are top. If the SPFL call the league which they have done then top team gets promoted bottom team relegated. Only issue they should have is what to do with teams 2nd, 3rd and 4th as they occupy the playoff spots. Regardless your team are 5th and I hate saying have hope of being considered for a promotion spot.

I dont think relegation should be a definite either when clubs haven't played the same number of games in a divisions for instance. Only definite should be 3 league leaders go up. Then discussions on how to improve the situation for those being relegated and those  in play off promotion spots. These teams are just being told to basically lump it the now with no thought being put as to how these clubs situation can be helped.

Guest Ecosse83
3 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Big team found.

Well apparently this is all for the good of the club's, the club's will get more money when UEFA abandons all league's which has been recommended to them this morning. 

That is basically what I have been alluding to . This will allow clubs to plan in a realistic timescale. 

As for another vote that would be another farcical situation .  Needs a forward thinking reconstruction plan put in place right now for the benefit of every club including those seeking entry into the league. There are options out there  if clubs would stop fighting against each other and just get on with it. 

The whole problem with the vote is the supposed democratic process is completely undemocratic.

I’m all for a dictatorship determining league structure.

Bring back Jim Farry.......

2 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Seeing a lot of Lawwell/Celtic bullying other clubs chat.

Where is this coming from?

Well when you consider that the outgoing Aberdeen chairmen wrote in his book that if none of the decisions go Celtics/Lawells way they dont get it and he basically bullies clubs into it. The fact that Scottish football seems to leech onto the OF without thinking the OF need Scottish Football more than Scottish football needs the OF. theres 42 Clubs and only 2 of them and the balance of power is basically held by 1 or 2 of them on the fact their fan base is built of gloryhunting and bigotry and for the televised cameras seeing that hatred spill onto the pitch is worth a TV deal.

10 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

I'll say it again if your team were 1st and not 5th then I bet you would be calling for promotion. Raith over the course of the season as completed have been the best team, that's why we are top. If the SPFL call the league which they have done then top team gets promoted bottom team relegated. Only issue they should have is what to do with teams 2nd, 3rd and 4th as they occupy the playoff spots. Regardless your team are 5th and I hate saying have hope of being considered for a promotion spot.

Well yes. If East Fife were either top or bottom of a league right now, it would be incredibly difficult to be unbiased about the situation. I'm not blaming Raith fans or Brechin fans for being desperate to call the season as is. It's entirely understandable. But all your feelings and all your arguments about this are utterly biased.

3 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

The whole problem with the vote is the supposed democratic process is completely undemocratic.

I’m all for a dictatorship determining league structure.

Bring back Jim Farry.......

but its not democratic your giving clubs with a vested interest in themselves calling an end to the season, i would have like to have seen Dundee table their proposal no relegation or promotion declare the league standings as they are i.e congrats raith youve won by the way youve another season in the seasides. its the fairest way it gets the prize money released and your not null and voiding the season.

5 minutes ago, Hannibal Lecturer said:

If Dundee can change their minds and go with a Yes vote now what would stop another club having a change of heart and changing their original vote to No? 
scandalous that Doncaster and Lawwell can bully/bribe (take your pick) a club to change their vote to suit them. Shut the Fcukin doors and turn the lights oot.

I would think once you've voted you cant change your mind. The difference is Dundee were a no vote but never submitted their vote as they are giving it more thought bearing in mind they could let this run for the 28 days.

Personally if clubs decide not to vote then the easy answer is remove them for the voting system and call the vote on 75% of the remaining teams.  So 7 out of 9 teams. Result 77%.

9 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

That is basically what I have been alluding to . This will allow clubs to plan in a realistic timescale. 

As for another vote that would be another farcical situation .  Needs a forward thinking reconstruction plan put in place right now for the benefit of every club including those seeking entry into the league. There are options out there  if clubs would stop fighting against each other and just get on with it. 

Well OK. But your introduction to this thread was 'clubs must vote for the current proposition for the good of the game'.

The whole point i'm trying to make is that multiple important issues shouldn't just be conflated, chucked together into a hastily devised proposal and put to clubs with a financial gun held to their heads.

Prize money is one issue, when / if we can start next season is another, what to do about this season is another and any possible reconstruction is yet another. All of these require a bit of thought. They shouldn't be bundled together haphazardly in an attempt to get clubs to decide on all of them as quickly as possible without enough time to make informed decisions.

4 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Well when you consider that the outgoing Aberdeen chairmen wrote in his book that if none of the decisions go Celtics/Lawells way they dont get it and he basically bullies clubs into it. The fact that Scottish football seems to leech onto the OF without thinking the OF need Scottish Football more than Scottish football needs the OF. theres 42 Clubs and only 2 of them and the balance of power is basically held by 1 or 2 of them on the fact their fan base is built of gloryhunting and bigotry and for the televised cameras seeing that hatred spill onto the pitch is worth a TV deal.

Don’t rise to his bait buddy. Guys only on this thread to wind people up.

but its not democratic your giving clubs with a vested interest in themselves calling an end to the season, i would have like to have seen Dundee table their proposal no relegation or promotion declare the league standings as they are i.e congrats raith youve won by the way youve another season in the seasides. its the fairest way it gets the prize money released and your not null and voiding the season.

What possible advantage does that proposal provide?
It only punishes Dundee U and Cove R who were clearly winners, and benefits unworthy clubs like Hearts and Thistle (who were in the relegation mire last season too so have little to complain about).
I’d rather see Raith go up than nothing tbh....

7 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

That's really good, but didn't answer the question. Just another "I pure hate Celtic Rant"

So, No evidence of Celtic/Lawwell bullying anyone in this instance then?

Thanks for clearing that up.

Edited by Romeo

1 minute ago, raith1974 said:

Personally if clubs decide not to vote then the easy answer is remove them for the voting system and call the vote on 75% of the remaining teams.  So 7 out of 9 teams. Result 77%.

Except that's not what the rules are. Proposals must be voted for by 75% of clubs, not 75% of voting clubs.

that's really good.

I must admit to chuckling at a Celtic supporter desperately trying to say there’s no conspiracy in Scottish Football....[emoji6]

2 minutes ago, Romeo said:

That's really good, but didn't answer the question. Just another "I pure hate Celtic Rant"

Christ the old firm have been bullying the rest of scottish football for years. If you think the two of them are just sitting back watching this happen then your extremely gullible.

I would think once you've voted you cant change your mind. The difference is Dundee were a no vote but never submitted their vote as they are giving it more thought bearing in mind they could let this run for the 28 days.

Or we could mark them as abstain. Result 70%...

23 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Well yes. If East Fife were either top or bottom of a league right now, it would be incredibly difficult to be unbiased about the situation. I'm not blaming Raith fans or Brechin fans for being desperate to call the season as is. It's entirely understandable. But all your feelings and all your arguments about this are utterly biased.

And so are yours, very bitter that your closest rivals get promoted. I'm not hiding the fact that I firmly believe my team is promoted. As I've said the decision shouldn't involve Raith and Stranraer as we should go up and they go down the only decision surrounds the playoff teams and how best to resolve. 

19 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Well OK. But your introduction to this thread was 'clubs must vote for the current proposition for the good of the game'.

The whole point i'm trying to make is that multiple important issues shouldn't just be conflated, chucked together into a hastily devised proposal and put to clubs with a financial gun held to their heads.

Prize money is one issue, when / if we can start next season is another, what to do about this season is another and any possible reconstruction is yet another. All of these require a bit of thought. They shouldn't be bundled together haphazardly in an attempt to get clubs to decide on all of them as quickly as possible without enough time to make informed decisions.

That is why we should end this season now and concentrate fully on making a workable solution for everyone.  

I'm all for reconstruction too but, leagues of 14 don't work for me, too few teams for a season where the  sides are meeting each other only twice and too many for 4 meetings, 3 was never an ideal scenario and I never enjoyed it. A top league of 16 with a 8/8 split after 30 games would be better.  That would solve TV contractual requirement, solve the Hearts debate, suit ICT, Ayr and Dundee's wants. It would allow the top four in L1 to move up too, The down side is that East Fife and the rest are losing out, sorry.   Doesn't also get rid of the hated 4 meetings in the other leagues but nothing will ever be perfect.
This theory of finishing the season this summer is pie in the sky. Did our chairman come out and say on Raith TV that he doesn't expect football until at least October. The 14 team league for one season may have to be option due to having to finish the season the following may for euros.