The SPFL recommendation?

4 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:
22 minutes ago, East Fife is best said:
Seemingly the championship clubs vote has been sent but not received and it looks like it's a no

There way out of this is to say to clubs they want to make 3x14 and work from there

Changing league restructure to 14-14-14 just impacts different clubs in terms of promotion or relegation and any vote would end up failing again.

Exactly, just moves to other teams going down to bottom league, this time it would be Clyde (again) Peterhead and Forfar. Personally I would be gutted, but in all honesty I was alway expecting this to happen😡

4 minutes ago, AFC1878 said:

Daily Record now saying it’s Dundee that haven’t voted and not Inverness.

Really? Thought they were nailed on for a swift No.

Edited by renton

2 minutes ago, AFC1878 said:

Daily Record now saying it’s Dundee that haven’t voted and not Inverness.

FOrgive my stupidity, but in any vote you can abstain. You must have in place a caveat for that so its either x% of the votes cast by the close, or X / Z of the total must have voted in favour or it not carried.

7 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Oh f**k off your chairman would be trotting out the same nonsense and yes nonsense.Its all about self interest not matter how clubs vote unless theres little or no impact on a specific club

What it boils down to is you and east fife supporters want null and void with money paid out but what you dont want,call it as it is,money being paid out and Rovers promoted

I'm not wanting null and void. I want money given out, season called but no definite decision on promotion and relegation just yet. I cant really foresee a situation where raith wont go up so god knows why so many raith fans are getting their knickers in a twist over that. I want see us at least exhausting all proposals and ideas on how to lessen the effects of calling it now on the clubs that would lose out.  Giving out a proposal and saying there you go agree to that or your not getting any money to me isn't acceptable especially when they were trying to force clubs that had 28 days to vote for it in 2.  Our chairman might well have come out with the same nonsense and if he did he would be getting compete pelters from me for doing it.

16 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Oh f**k off your chairman would be trotting out the same nonsense and yes nonsense.Its all about self interest not matter how clubs vote unless theres little or no impact on a specific club

What it boils down to is you and east fife supporters want null and void with money paid out but what you dont want,call it as it is,money being paid out and Rovers promoted

You're certainly handling this well.

18 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

You are seething. Calm down ffs, nothing decided yet mate.

What should have happened:

• Clubs are paid minimum prize money right now. This should see clubs through to the summer without extreme financial hardship.
  • By the summer, we'll know a lot more about when we can start playing football again - either August is likely, impossible or still up in the air.
  • If we can start 2020/21 in August, let's do that and decide the best way to 'call' 2019/20.
  • If we can't start in August then next season is some kind of busted flush anyway so why not look at finishing off 2019/20 and then playing a reduced or restructured 'tide over' season in 2020/21.

Can you explain how this is the case? My take on it is that any team who are currently in danger of being relegated wouldn’t be and anyone on the verge of being promoted would be 🤷🏼‍♂️

Whilst nobody would be relegated on paper Clyde, Forfar and Peterhead would essentially be relegated by joining the current 10 league one teams and Stranraer. The financial implications of playing out to away crowds in the tens are fairly obvious and there was no prior warning at the start of the season this would happen. It frankly smacks of making it up as you go along.

What are the benefits of a 14 team league other than short term appeasement of clubs?

We would still have to play 4 times which is the major criticism of the current system so what’s the point of going to 14s?

Article on aberdeen makes interesting reading. Turns out they changed their mind  'after being given assurances that all Premiership clubs would be consulted before a final decision is made on their season. Cormack has decided to go with it to allow cash-strapped clubs to get their payout from the league and the fact they can still influence how the Premiership campaign is decided'.

so it looks to me like we could still very much have one way of finishing the top flight and another for completing the lower leagues. So much for them just falling in line with the way the vote went after the UEFA  conference.  Nothing should really surprise me about the spfl.

4 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

Whilst nobody would be relegated on paper Clyde, Forfar and Peterhead would essentially be relegated by joining the current 10 league one teams and Stranraer. The financial implications of playing out to away crowds in the tens are fairly obvious and there was no prior warning at the start of the season this would happen. It frankly smacks of making it up as you go along.

What are the benefits of a 14 team league other than short term appeasement of clubs?

We would still have to play 4 times which is the major criticism of the current system so what’s the point of going to 14s?

It's just more ideas being flung together on the back of a fag packet by folk .The whole discussion needs clubs round a table  starting with a blank parchment and moving from there. 

5 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

It's just more ideas being flung together on the back of a fag packet by folk .The whole discussion needs clubs round a table  starting with a blank parchment and moving from there. 

Well, maybe not physically round a table

14 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Article on aberdeen makes interesting reading. Turns out they changed their mind  'after being given assurances that all Premiership clubs would be consulted before a final decision is made on their season. Cormack has decided to go with it to allow cash-strapped clubs to get their payout from the league and the fact they can still influence how the Premiership campaign is decided'.

so it looks to me like we could still very much have one way of finishing the top flight and another for completing the lower leagues. So much for them just falling in line with the way the vote went after the UEFA  conference.  Nothing should really surprise me about the spfl.

So is it possible in theory that this vote could go through, promoting Dundee Utd but then the premiership could choose to null and void with no relegation to make a space for them?

Can someone clear this up for me please. Written in the daily record.

We know from the SPFL that 10 Premiership clubs voted in favour.

Hearts and Rangers were against - but one club didn’t cast a vote.

It’ll be interesting to see which club didn’t cast a ballot.

10 voted for.

2 voted no

1 didn't cast a vote.

Is that no 13 teams?

Just now, Shadwell Dog said:

10 voted for.

2 voted no

1 didn't cast a vote.

Is that no 13 teams?

Think they're as confused as everyone.

Both Rangers and Hearts are claiming they voted no, yet the SPFL only have 1 recorded no vote, with 10 yes, and 1 unconfirmed.

43 minutes ago, FREDDYFRY said:

Exactly, just moves to other teams going down to bottom league, this time it would be Clyde (again) Peterhead and Forfar. Personally I would be gutted, but in all honesty I was alway expecting this to happen😡

No it doesn’t. It keeps them in the 3rd league where they’d be anyway 🤷🏼‍♂️

Guest Ecosse83
7 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

10 voted for.

2 voted no

1 didn't cast a vote.

Is that no 13 teams?

Hearts voted after 5pm so the 10-1 was accurate at the time. 

Imagine even telling everyone that though before everyone had made their vote 🤪

24 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

There was no prior warning the league would be stopped with a quarter of the games still to be played either.

Of course they are making it up as they go along, there is a deadly virus sweeping the globe that nobody planned for 🙈.

Are you essentially saying it’s not really about what league you are in but who’s in it with you? 

6 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

No it doesn’t. It keeps them in the 3rd league where they’d be anyway 🤷🏼‍♂️

Yes but playing the teams who mainly are currently in a lower league than they are presently  competing and huge financial implications that brings! 

Edited by FREDDYFRY

12 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

10 voted for.

2 voted no

1 didn't cast a vote.

Is that no 13 teams?

I think it's just they way you're reading it, or the way they've written it, more accurately. I think they're saying that Hearts & Rangers were against (not that they voted no) but one of them didn't vote, not that they both voted no and a third didn't cast a vote. 

That sounds right in my head anyway!