The SPFL recommendation?

As I noted just above, consider the results of a 1 year “fix”. The following year:
Premiership relegates three (or four)  and accepts one (or two) from the Championship.
Championship accepts three relegations in and promotes one. Now has 12 teams, relegates three (or four). Only teams between 2nd 6th are secure in knowing they will at least remain in the Championship (unless they win the promotion playoff).
League One accept three or four relegations and promote one or two. Now has 12 teams, relegates three (or four).
League Two accept three or four relegations and promote one or two. Now has 12 teams, relegates two to HL/LL and a third is in a relegation playoff.
Net changes: Premiership now has two less teams total and has at least one or two new teams...call it 9-17% turnover. Championship and League One below could see an almost 60% turnover...League Two, 50%.

That’s a really good summary on the impact. I think Budgie was (is?) proposing a two year temporary arrangement so there may be a way to limit the impact across both seasons. However point stands around potential disruptions.

39 minutes ago, Airdrie76 said:

That’s a really good summary on the impact. I think Budgie was (is?) proposing a two year temporary arrangement so there may be a way to limit the impact across both seasons. However point stands around potential disruptions.

Thing is wasnt part of the problem the teams in the premiership not wanting a temporary fix and seek a permanent solution .

Wyness making some good sounds unfortunately those in charge of a few clubs wont see things the way he does and wont see the current situation a chance for Scottish Football to reset and think about all the clubs instead of he few:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52686165

23 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Thing is wasnt part of the problem the teams in the premiership not wanting a temporary fix and seek a permanent solution .

Wyness making some good sounds unfortunately those in charge of a few clubs wont see things the way he does and wont see the current situation a chance for Scottish Football to reset and think about all the clubs instead of he few:

What are Wyness' good points?

19 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Are you crazy? You'd gamble the future of the club just because its temporary . We need out of league one pronto. I'd much rather prefer a permanent deal but if they passed a temp one I'd hardly expect us to say no thanks we'd rather stay in league one.

No, I wouldn't expect us to say no but it wouldn't sit well with me personally. Why do we need temporary reconstruction at all? The only reason would be to keep Hearts up which is totally immoral in my opinion.

I'd much rather that we got promoted on merit, I wouldn't even have felt comfortable if we'd been in Raith's position this season.

Yeah, seemed to be the key reason given. Whether Hearts legal threat makes a difference I don’t know. I still don’t think it’ll go through but to be honest I’m beyond caring.

Yeah, seemed to be the key reason given. Whether Hearts legal threat makes a difference I don’t know. I still don’t think it’ll go through but to be honest I’m beyond caring.
If the SPFL were fully confident in their legal position why not just face down Hearts.

Reconstruction only makes sense of the SPFL know that something isn't quite legitimate.

2 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

Some teams in the top flight didnt seem interested in any solution whether temporary or permanent as it's only now that a proposal is finally getting put to them.  No idea why they feel anything will be different we just seem to be wasting time on proposals that are never going to get enough votes considering the 6 top flight clubs that dont want reconstruction of any kind on the current agenda.

48 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Hearts are definitely going down. Whether it’s to the Championship or the
plughole, we will know soon. I know which one I’m expecting.....

Would be interested to know by what criteria Budge is yet again deemed most appropriate to oversee another round of reconstruction permutations.  Get her TF. 

1 minute ago, Dennistoun Bairn said:

Would be interested to know by what criteria Budge is yet again deemed most appropriate to oversee another round of reconstruction permutations.  Get her TF. 

She's the one who keeps asking.

Guest Ecosse83

We better get our finger out as a club soon, getting slagged by part time teams is getting a bit hard to take now 🤣

On 16/05/2020 at 18:35, Shadwell Dog said:

Are you crazy? You'd gamble the future of the club just because its temporary . We need out of league one pronto. I'd much rather prefer a permanent deal but if they passed a temp one I'd hardly expect us to say no thanks we'd rather stay in league one.

And yet, you're furious at the clubs who voted in their own selfish interests, even going so far as to entertain boycott talk.

What a ridiculous individual you are.

22 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I doubt there is a club in the league which if given the chance to go up would say no it's ok we'll just stay in league we're in thanks.

Exactly.

So why have you been so enraged by the others behaving in similar ways?

6 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

I put it to you Dear Friend, that you would not have the slightest interest in any pressing need for a reset, had Falkirk acquired one more point this season.

3 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Because it isn't Falkirk who are benefiting from it. 

It really is that simple with him.

In truth, most Falkirk fans on here have actually handled this pretty sensibly and philosophically.

A select band including him, however, have been utterly ludicrous.  Most entertaining.