Jump to content

The SPFL recommendation?


Recommended Posts

21 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

 

So Falkirk is not any different from Hearts? See us all right and we'll shut up.

 

Reminds me of the Groucho Marx quote,

 

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others."

 

Where did i say we were any different the clubs stance has always been for reconstruction.  IF there is any change to the current set up and we were to benefit i wont complain but with calling the league early fair on any of positions 2-5 in league 1 all had a chance of winning it.  Falkirk didnt vote to have the league called as it stands but the others did.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I'd rather we stayed in L1 than vote through a 1 year deal TBH.

Are you crazy? You'd gamble the future of the club just because its temporary . We need out of league one pronto. I'd much rather prefer a permanent deal but if they passed a temp one I'd hardly expect us to say no thanks we'd rather stay in league one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Looks to be the big guns that are pushing this. Rangers, celtic ,Aberdeen and of course hearts. 

Begs the question of why. Either Ann has something on the others or the league’s solicitors have concluded there’s a fair chance that Hearts could prevail. Knowing a one year fix will result in three relegations next year, and another three (or four) from the Championship, Raith (and Falkirk, should they get pulled up) should be concerned about this plan. If that  is the plan, I’d honestly feel better about staying in League One another year. I’d prefer the odds of being top four in League One next year verses HAVING to be top six in the Championship. Of course, the bottom of Leagues One and Two (especially) gets pretty interesting too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

 

Its Ann Budge. Her entire driving plan has been for a temporary 14 team top flight for one season, which saves Hearts, and then reverting to 12 which would then keep increased income for them too.

She doesnt care how the bottom 3 tiers cope, are set up, anything. Her sole focus is Hearts being a top flight side when she hands the club over this Summer.

St Johnstone definitely rejected it previously, and will reject it again. Their opinion is quite clear that a rushed, temporary, reconstruction is likely to cause more harm than benefit.

And yet, having allegedly rejected it, along with at least five other Premier League clubs, precisely one week ago, here is reconstruction right back on the table again. So something major has clearly changed over the past seven days. I'd be very interested to know what that is.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Are you crazy? You'd gamble the future of the club just because its temporary . We need out of league one pronto. I'd much rather prefer a permanent deal but if they passed a temp one I'd hardly expect us to say no thanks we'd rather stay in league one.

As I noted just above, consider the results of a 1 year “fix”. The following year:

Premiership relegates three (or four)  and accepts one (or two) from the Championship.

Championship accepts three relegations in and promotes one. Now has 12 teams, relegates three (or four). Only teams between 2nd 6th are secure in knowing they will at least remain in the Championship (unless they win the promotion playoff).

League One accept three or four relegations and promote one or two. Now has 12 teams, relegates three (or four).

League Two accept three or four relegations and promote one or two. Now has 12 teams, relegates two to HL/LL and a third is in a relegation playoff.

Net changes: Premiership now has two less teams total and has at least one or two new teams...call it 9-17% turnover. Championship and League One below could see an almost 60% turnover...League Two, 50%.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, TxRover said:

As I noted just above, consider the results of a 1 year “fix”. The following year:

Premiership relegates three (or four)  and accepts one (or two) from the Championship.

Championship accepts three relegations in and promotes one. Now has 12 teams, relegates three (or four). Only teams between 2nd 6th are secure in knowing they will at least remain in the Championship (unless they win the promotion playoff).

League One accept three or four relegations and promote one or two. Now has 12 teams, relegates three (or four).

League Two accept three or four relegations and promote one or two. Now has 12 teams, relegates two to HL/LL and a third is in a relegation playoff.

Net changes: Premiership now has two less teams total and has at least one or two new teams...call it 9-17% turnover. Championship and League One below could see an almost 60% turnover...League Two, 50%.

 

I'd still fancy our chances of staying up having played the likes of ayr and arbroath this season and obviously having more cash to spend than we have just now hopefully.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Hence the reason i said for the second time

Quite a large bit of luck though. Don't get greedy. I was gonna go on about Blair Nimmo, and his hand in your good fortune,  but i will resist.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, AB1974 said:

Quite a large bit of luck though. Don't get greedy. I was gonna go on about Blair Nimmo, and his hand in your good fortune,  but i will resist.

What about your own good luck due to the demise of Clydebank. If it wasnt for Clydebank you wouldnt have a club.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, haufdaft said:

Suggestions online that reconstruction may be back on the table.

 

If reconstruction wasn't desirable last week as it "wasn't the time", why is it different this week?

 

Clubs need certainty to plan for the upcoming (non?)season.

 

Looks to me that the SPFL are frightened of possible legal action by Hearts and others. If the SPFL are so convinced of the rightness of their position they should meet it face on.

 

Unless of course, they don't want to be examined too closely and give evidence under oath.

 

 

To quote the woman herself:


"It is fundamentally wrong that any club should be unfairly penalised by exceptional decisions that have had to be taken to deal with the current crisis," said the Hearts owner, whose side are four points adrift with eight games still to play. "I would stand by that view, regardless of Hearts' own position.

"To pour more financial hardship on specific clubs, given what we are all going through both now and for the foreseeable future, is both outrageous and shameful."


So what is your thoughts on Clyde, Peterhead and Forfar? Let alone Kelty and Brora Ann?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Are you crazy? You'd gamble the future of the club just because its temporary . We need out of league one pronto. I'd much rather prefer a permanent deal but if they passed a temp one I'd hardly expect us to say no thanks we'd rather stay in league one.

So you’re quite happy with corruption as long as it benefits your club?
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Looks to be the big guns that are pushing this. Rangers, celtic ,Aberdeen and of course hearts. 

Dont kid yourself,its Budge thats pushing this not the erse cheeks or aberdeen

Other clubs get lambasted for their self interest attitude

If this had been a championship club eg Partick who were pushing or coming up with alternative plan for reconstruction they would be told to get to feck

Be surprised if either temp or permanent reconstruction gets voted through

 

Edited by Rovers_Lad
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, AL-FFC said:

What about your own good luck due to the demise of Clydebank. If it wasnt for Clydebank you wouldnt have a club.

Our demise was Falkirks good fortune and Clydebanks demise was our good fortune.

Swing and roundabouts.

Although having a liquidator in your camp, could have tipped the balance. 🤓

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Rio 2 said:

Our demise was Falkirks good fortune and Clydebanks demise was our good fortune.

Swing and roundabouts.

Although having a liquidator in your camp, could have tipped the balance. 🤓

 

Pretty sure the main cause of your demise was Sevco calling in an unpaid debt to the tune of 30k bit ironic really considering the shit they had themselves in that no one knew about at the time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, AL-FFC said:

Pretty sure the main cause of your demise was Sevco calling in an unpaid debt to the tune of 30k bit ironic really considering the shit they had themselves in that no one knew about at the time.

We owed a David Murray company £30,000, not Rangers, which started the ball rolling, and the Falkirk supporting administrator stepped in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Nowhereman said:


So you’re quite happy with corruption as long as it benefits your club?

Your mob are certainly happy with corruption going by the way they voted on Tuesday.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Rio 2 said:

We owed a David Murray company £30,000, not Rangers, which started the ball rolling, and the Falkirk supporting administrator stepped in.

David Murray - Rangers same thing and you cant really pin the blame on the administrator doing his job football allegiances aside, if you had paid the debt in the first place then you wouldnt have been liquidated.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, AL-FFC said:

David Murray - Rangers same thing and you cant really pin the blame on the administrator doing his job football allegiances aside, if you had paid the debt in the first place then you wouldnt have been liquidated.

Try taking that to court and see how you get on.

Moral high ground. Falkirk have never been in debt? 

Just like almost every club in Scotland!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Rio 2 said:

Try taking that to court and see how you get on.

Moral high ground. Falkirk have never been in debt? 

Just like almost every club in Scotland!

We paid our debt back when we went into administration think we have been the only club to do so.  and given where we are and the likes of Livingston and Moherwell, as well as Hearts taking advantage of the CVA it makes you wonder if it is worth your club living within your means

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...