The SPFL recommendation?

Clyde statement is interesting. Definitely not happy with the current governance of the league but didn’t think an investigation as per the resolution was the answer as it wouldn’t itself address the ‘structurally flawed model of self interest’. That’ll definitely have the Rangers fans scratching their heads. “Do we boycott them or no if we draw them in the cup ?” 😂

Did Clyde not read the rules per voting.?Not voting means voting no not abstaining. There is no such thing as abstaining in these votes.

It would appear that whilst a good number of teams see the SPFL bod as an entirely incompetent organisation they dont see them as an entirely deliberately incompetent organisation so wont bother with an investigation.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

17 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Again they raise the issue of broadcasting contracts maybe causing a problem. Why the feck does noone actually ask sky  if it's going to be a problem or not instead of this continual mibbaes aye mibbaes no pish. It cant be that hard for doncaster to pick up the phone to sky and find out surely.

It's been confirmed that Sky have to be involved in reconstruction talks, and that it would likely impact the TV deal. It was also confirmed the deal between the SPFL and Sky is meant to be confidential. 

Ann Budge was the one who broke ranks and admitted reconstruction would affect the deal.

5 minutes ago, Mon_The_Fife said:

How much longer is this shitshow going to drag on for?

I started going in the late 60s, I started to become aware of politics and dissatisfaction in the Governance of football in about the mid 70s. I haven't known a time when there has been anything else since.

My bet is it will never end. We still have the threatened legal action, the demands for Government funding, who can and can't play behind closed doors, the impact on this year's telly deal, the impact on next year's, live streaming and who gets the money, who will be blamed when each club or group don't get what they want, who will get the blame when clubs go in to abeyance or bust...

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

It's been confirmed that Sky have to be involved in reconstruction talks, and that it would likely impact the TV deal. It was also confirmed the deal between the SPFL and Sky is meant to be confidential. 

Ann Budge was the one who broke ranks and admitted reconstruction would affect the deal.

Again you say 'likely' just like it appears that closing the top league early or null and voiding the league could 'likely' mean money having to be paid back. I'm still of the opinion that noone knows whether it definitely 100 percent  would in any of these cases and certainly not by what amount. The clubs themselves shouldve been made aware of the exact situation before any of these talks so that an accurate decision could be made surely.   I frankly cant see why sky would be bothered as long as they get the same number of games and 4 of them being old firm matches and I doubt any of the proposals would have anything else but that.

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Again you say 'likely' just like it appears that closing the top league early or null and voiding the league could 'likely' mean money having to be paid back. I'm still of the opinion that noone knows whether it definitely 100 percent  would in any of these cases and certainly not by what amount. The clubs themselves shouldve been made aware of the exact situation before any of these talks so that an accurate decision could be made surely.   I frankly cant see why sky would be bothered as long as they get the same number of games and 4 of them being old firm matches and I doubt any of the proposals would have anything else but that.

The deal between Sky and the SPFL is confidential.

Literally nobody but Sky and the clubs know the details.

Ann Budge, who will know the terms of the deal, said reconstruction would involve Sky, and clubs were put off reconstruction as it meant the current agreed deal would be in jeopardy. 

Just because you yourself havent been told the exact details of the deal doesn't mean the clubs are clueless about it. If you pay enough attention you can join the dots.

22 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

The deal between Sky and the SPFL is confidential.

Literally nobody but Sky and the clubs know the details.

Ann Budge, who will know the terms of the deal, said reconstruction would involve Sky, and clubs were put off reconstruction as it meant the current agreed deal would be in jeopardy. 

Just because you yourself havent been told the exact details of the deal doesn't mean the clubs are clueless about it. If you pay enough attention you can join the dots.

So why were none of them aware of the 10 million pound potential cost of calling the leagues now? If they knew the ins and outs of the sky deal they wouldve already known this going by what you say. If they are unaware of that why would they be aware of the detailed cost of reconstruction or null and voiding the league? 

Again the word potential is always used which says to me that noone actually knows whether sky would enforce that or not.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

15 minutes ago, AFC1878 said:

It's the Daily Re**rd. News for Re**rds. Never believe a word that's in that rag.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/neil-doncaster-extends-rangers-olive-22016893

Olive branch, my arse.

I'd send him by return a thistle wrapped up in some jaggy nettles and tell him to shove them where the sun don't shine.

(and I'd hide all the dock leaves).

Edited by Bairn in Exile

3 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

It's the Daily Re**rd. News for Re**rds. Never believe a word that's in that rag.

I see, since Clyde's statement confirming they've abstained, that the Record have quietly edited their 'How Everyone Voted' article, without any acknowledgement that they've done so.

So am i right in saying we are the only leagues in Europe thats going ahead with relegation, way to f**king go. it shows how much a laughing stock we are.

Edited by AL-FFC

3 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

So am i right in saying we are the only leagues in Europe thats going ahead with relegation, way to f**king go. it shows how much a laughing stock we are.

There's a lot of reasons to call Scottish football a laughing stock but this aint one of them. So many teams who've rightfully earnt promotion across Europe are being denied it to save some big clubs coming down and we're bucking that trend if nothing else.

4 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

No.

3 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Hi Al, No, I believe that France is also going ahead with relegation and at least one of the clubs affected, Amiens, are taking them to court.

https://news.cgtn.com/news/2020-05-13/Amiens-legal-battle-against-Ligue-1-just-the-first-domino-to-fall-Qsi74adXsk/index.html

Guest Ecosse83

Imagine doing a deal with sky that involves them being involved in reconstruction 🙈

Also Doncaster pushing this July restart from football in Scotland, what an absolute tit of a man.

Sky must love it when it comes to deal negotiation time and Doncasters still ceo. Just offer him a couple of more quid than the last time and he'll sign no bother. Getting it for peanuts anyway. Maybe they're as much behind keeping him in a job as anyone.

Edited by Shadwell Dog