The SPFL recommendation?

35 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Fucking hell, this ‘we need games to mean something’ pish needs to stop.

Not every fucking game in a football season needs to ‘mean something’. 

But imagine supporting an Aberdeen, Motherwell for example when every game for last 2 seasons has been meaningless??

47 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

There was certainly cash there as but if we'd spunked it all on promotion I suppose we might be struggling now due to the pandemic.  Who knows. They were talking about one more player coming in at one point but that must've fallen through. It's the da vita one that gets me. Signed straight away in jan but was no better than what we had really.

Not sure about that, as I suspect the BoD was holding the purse strings tightly with the new coaches. Certainly experienced players that they are, I can’t see them happily entering the stretch run with the team as thin as it was. It was almost like Da Vita was already in the works before the firing.

4 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

But imagine supporting an Aberdeen, Motherwell for example when every game for last 2 seasons has been meaningless??

I wouldn’t class playing in the top league and competing for Europe meaningless. 

Every league in the world has meaningless games and important games. It’s the nature of the league format.

46 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Fucking hell, this ‘we need games to mean something’ pish needs to stop.

Not every fucking game in a football season needs to ‘mean something’. 

Actually, just occasionally, it can be nice to just go to watch your team play without the fear of dropping points.

1 minute ago, ShaggerG said:

Actually, just occasionally, it can be nice to just go to watch your team play without the fear of dropping points.

Exactly. Go into a game thinking ‘great if we win, If we don’t it isn’t really going to affect anything.’

It has been an exercise in BS from the start the top tier have no interest in expansion It always been about them and some clubs in ever other division have been conned or have been stupid enough to put self before the good of the game

Why not 12/12/20?
Premiership is one auto relegation and playoffs for 11th. Format of 11th v 4th and 2nd v 3rd, winners play for the spot.
Championship is one auto up and the above playoffs. At the bottom, one auto relegation plus10th and 11th play 2nd-7th of the new National League for spots. Format is 10th v 7th, 11th v 6th, 2nd v 5th and .3rd v 4th. After those results, reseed with the highest remaining team playing the lowest, etc. Winners of this second round of playoffs remain up/are promoted.
The new National League is 20 teams, once home and away. Adds variety of opponents, plus six of 20 have a chance at promotion via playoffs above. At the bottom, two possible relegations via playoff to HL/LL. 19th place plays HL/LL team with poorer record, 20th place plays the better...adds spice since 20th can survive while 19th goes down.
This would require the promotion of two teams to make a 44 team association. Money could be realigned with minor losses in payout to top level teams, the maximum being £100,000 less to the winner of the Premiership. From 3rd place in the Championship the payouts could be slightly raised while adding two team if most Premiership teams accepted 0.05% less money (£12,500), with the top 4 giving up between 0.4% and 0.15% (£100,000 and £37,500).  Teams below the top 14 would all see slight increases.
For your money bit just use the extra prize money that is generated from sky / sponsorship deals made.

Dundee’s power trip didn’t last very long. Did they honestly believe the likes of Hamilton, St mirren and St Johnstone would give up 4 old firm games a season that’s what allows them to stay afloat. No way were they going to vote to slice up the pie. 

32 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Not sure about that, as I suspect the BoD was holding the purse strings tightly with the new coaches. Certainly experienced players that they are, I can’t see them happily entering the stretch run with the team as thin as it was. It was almost like Da Vita was already in the works before the firing.

Not unless miller was already lined up at that point as it was him that got him in.  

27 minutes ago, Gus2 said:

It has been an exercise in BS from the start the top tier have no interest in expansion It always been about them and some clubs in ever other division have been conned or have been stupid enough to put self before the good of the game

Hearts, Partick, Falkirk and Stranraer have all just been correctly punished for their season's failure with a just and hilarious league decision. The game hasn't been in this good a state since Rangers died. 

A507576A-00E4-4BD1-BAD0-FF4BC5C5B220.thumb.jpeg.9f47449e99922f6c72fd556f864c42c5.jpeg

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Would disagree with this in the Premie League tbh. 

Teams like Rangers, Aberdeen, Killie and Motherwell haven’t been close to going down in the last 3 seasons but have also started the season knowing the have zero chance of winning the league.

Now that’s fucking boring.

Aye I'm sure Kilmarnock fans have been bored senseless in the last three seasons, what with setting a record points tally then beating it again the following year as they had their highest league finish in 53 years.

As far as I can see, the Premiership voting structure is the biggest problem here. I reckon that it’s increasingly unlikely that we’ll get an independent investigation into the SPFL board now. The Premiership clubs outwith Rangers will vote against it and will continue to toe the party line for as long as Doncaster and Co see them alright.

As far as I can see, the Premiership voting structure is the biggest problem here. I reckon that it’s increasingly unlikely that we’ll get an independent investigation into the SPFL board now. The Premiership clubs outwith Rangers will vote against it and will continue to toe the party line for as long as Doncaster and Co see them alright.

Do we really need one?
The Rangers v The SPFL.
All about which one is the more corrupt.
The problem is that neither of them recognise that they themselves are both the problem...

They (Falkirk) didnt even deserve a play off spot.. Dont know what their complaining about, Oah sorry i do they wanted to get promoted along with every team right down to Dumbarton , Yeah that was a fair way and relegate Clyde who finished 7th and save Hearts and Thistle who rightly will get relegated for having the most defeats n so on...