The SPFL recommendation?

16 hours ago, steakngravy said:

KVZ2000 name the football team.                                            Rare Rants

Not an easy task and this makes no sense but for you ......ROT RAVISHER .......

12 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

For something that's not interesting, it seems to be all over the back pages, discussed on radio and worthy of a couple of thousand posts on a league one forum.

It's almost as if there has been some sort of national shutdown, that has left the sports journalism industry with no other content to offer for the past six weeks.

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

You cant just brush a shambles like that vote under the carpet and rangers have already said they'll produce their so called evidence this week so no real need to keep saying if rangers have evidence they should produce it. Guy should be trying to get a title sponsor for the league. Something he has completely failed to do and shouldve been drop kicked out his job for months back.

Not saying they should brush it under the carpet but if there is evidence so strong that it merits resignations surely you can’t make these allegations then leave it for a couple of weeks before producing any evidence. 

Not saying they should brush it under the carpet but if there is evidence so strong that it merits resignations surely you can’t make these allegations then leave it for a couple of weeks before producing any evidence. 

Agreed. Mentioned it before but given that Rangers have someone on the spfl board they have gone about this a very odd way. Almost as if they are trying to make something out of not very much at all

1 hour ago, Thom & Gerry said:

They said they would produce it well in advance of an egm and they're doing that.  They're giving the spfl a lot more time to digest it than  the spfl gave the teams with their season ending proposal so they cant whine too much about that really.

2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

They said they would produce it well in advance of an egm and they're doing that.  They're giving the spfl a lot more time to digest it than  the spfl gave the teams with their season ending proposal so they cant whine too much about that really.

Are you really pinning your colours to this mast...Rangers? I'd trust them as far as I could chuck Ibrox.

Just now, Sergeant Wilson said:

Are you really pinning your colours to this mast...Rangers? I'd trust them as far as I could chuck Ibrox.

Maybe its complete pish the evidence who knows but Doncaster keeps bleating on about it when they've already said they'll release it this week. If he wasnt such a hopeless ceo we would have a lot less issues and a lot more flexibility in scottish football. Because of his inability to get any decent competitive tv deals and complete failure to get a title sponsor it means clubs are constantly fighting over every penny. We're stuck with the need for 4 old firm games and  less cash than the likes of norway and bloody denmark due to his incompetence. Why is he still in a job?

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Maybe its complete pish the evidence who knows but Doncaster keeps bleating on about it when they've already said they'll release it this week. If he wasnt such a hopeless ceo we would have a lot less issues and a lot more flexibility in scottish football. Because of his inability to get any decent competitive tv deals and complete failure to get a title sponsor it means clubs are constantly fighting over every penny. We're stuck with the need for 4 old firm games and  less cash than the likes of norway and bloody denmark due to his incompetence. Why is he still in a job?

Doncaster is a tit, that's not in doubt but you mention flexibility. The rules that have been applied existed before this, if they weren't applied someone would object. The rest of your post is daily Record nonsense. 4 old firm games has existed since 1975. Neither you, nor I know what is in other country's tv deals, cash number of games, kick off times. 

Falkirk have got the shitey end of the stick....again, you will no doubt say just like very other club hard luck story over the years.

Tough luck!

2 hours ago, kvz2000 said:

Definitely down south where the media are owned by millionaires who help finance the Tory government, meanwhile up here our FM and government get a terrible time 

Desperate attempt to curry favour on this thread. Try and keep it to football where we have enough problems without this sort of chip on the shoulder pish.

I hope Rangers do have something. That will sort some of them out. If they do not, then they will look ridiculous.

Said it before. Scottish football needs to be run by an independent body with no club directors involved. As for the local media, shit scared to upset the dozen or so decision makers in and around Old Firm, SFA, SPFL and like most journalists do not ask the really difficult questions for fear of being left out in the cold.  

We wonder why our national team achieves nothing whilst watching football in an environment of sycophants who fawn over everything those associated with the OF achieve. Players who are happy to play their whole career in Glasgow, showing no professional ambition because they can make huge sums at a canter, and then we expect them to compete internationally. 

Small time players, journalists and administrators.

They’ve got season tickets they need to sell.

Doncaster is a tit, that's not in doubt but you mention flexibility. The rules that have been applied existed before this, if they weren't applied someone would object. The rest of your post is daily Record nonsense. 4 old firm games has existed since 1975. Neither you, nor I know what is in other country's tv deals, cash number of games, kick off times. 

Falkirk have got the shitey end of the stick....again, you will no doubt say just like very other club hard luck story over the years.

Tough luck!

When I say flexibility I'm not talking about rules I'm talking about the fact that money is so bloody tight it's difficult to get teams to agree on anything.  If we had more money going to clubs in the first place they wouldn't be fighting over every penny so much. You can find the info on tv deals for european leagues quite easily and as I said the fact we get less than the likes of denmark and norway is farcical. Its the no1 sport in scotland and yet doesnt have a title sponsor. Ridiculous.

Our current TV deal is for 60 games, and the new more valuable one is for 48. Norway's is for 240, Denmark's is for 250. Of course it's going to be less money, we're only selling 20-25% of the number of games they are because we value the 3pm Saturday experience here over TV money.

The current sponsorship deal runs until the end of the season, you have no idea what they have lined up, though obviously coronavirus may have put paid to anything that wasn't signed and sealed.

4 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

When I say flexibility I'm not talking about rules I'm talking about the fact that money is so bloody tight it's difficult to get teams to agree on anything.  If we had more money going to clubs in the first place they wouldn't be fighting over every penny so much. You can find the info on tv deals for european leagues quite easily and as I said the fact we get less than the likes of denmark and norway is farcical. Its the no1 sport in scotland and yet doesnt have a title sponsor. Ridiculous.

If they had a tv deal worth double the amount the same situation would arise. It's not the amounts that's causing the difficulty. Do you seriously think clubs would have saved up for a rainy day? 

2 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

If they had a tv deal worth double the amount the same situation would arise. It's not the amounts that's causing the difficulty. Do you seriously think clubs would have saved up for a rainy day? 

We did. If the new deal coming in was of a level it should be the far bigger increase in cash floating about would mean it would be easier to get clubs agreeing to a bigger top flight for instance as noone would be losing cash they'd all be gaining a lot more anyway. You could also use extra cash to compensate teams that have been negatively affected by the covid situation instead of looking at temp reconstruction.  The new deal is still crap and going to be in place for a few years which means clubs will be skint for the foreseeable future especially with Doncaster inability to sell the league.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

2 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Really, the money Falkirk have pished up against the wall on duff players and worse managers is an example of financial prudence every club should follow.

The fact we've done that and still have rainy day cash is a pretty amazing achievement if you ask me.🤣

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Just now, Shadwell Dog said:

The fact we've done that and still have rainy day cash is a pretty amazing achievement if you ask me.🤣

As I said, a model every club should follow. Where do you see the current trajectory ending?

As I said, a model every club should follow. Where do you see the current trajectory ending?

Lot depends on reconstruction I suppose. Whilst we've been a basket case footballing wise we've actually done pretty well off the park.  We cant really complain about the budgets given to managers over the past few seasons (just the managers spending them)and its refreshing that we've not had to look to the fans for cash during this difficult period but we need to sort out our recruitment or we'll not be going anywhere quickly for a while.  It will certainly be easier to stay in the champ if we get up than it will be to get out league one if we stay down I would say.

1 minute ago, AFC1878 said:

Doncaster should not have been given the job in the 1st place. David Longmuir who was the SFL Chief Executive before the merger done more for the SFL than Doncaster ever done for the SPL or has done for the SPFL.

Exactly.

2 minutes ago, AFC1878 said:

Doncaster should not have been given the job in the 1st place. David Longmuir who was the SFL Chief Executive before the merger done more for the SFL than Doncaster ever done for the SPL or has done for the SPFL.

Just now, Shadwell Dog said:

Exactly.

Fūck off. He and Ballantyne were the architects of the idea to put Rangers in the second tier.