The SPFL recommendation?

4 hours ago, Pride Of The Clyde said:

Why is reconstruction  even on the table? Simple Hearts have been sh1t and cannot accept their fate, so everyone has to jump through hoops to appease their plight. If Accies or Livi or the likes was bottom no one would be giving a sh1t, I don't remember ever hearing Hearts campaigning for reconstruction previously. 

Hearts are shouting that they are being treated unfairly but to save their skin it doesn't matter who else will be disadvantaged as long as it is not them, never bothered my arse with Hearts previously but as you can guess I now thing they are a shower of b'stards.

I don’t agree , the league has been finished early and as such final placings are not fair on anyone , it’s not reconstruction just to save hearts it’s to prevent teams from being unfairly disadvantaged. 

7 minutes ago, kvz2000 said:

I don’t agree , the league has been finished early and as such final placings are not fair on anyone , it’s not reconstruction just to save hearts it’s to prevent teams from being unfairly disadvantaged. 

Don’t agree , this is being done to keep Hearts in the top league and to a lesser extent Partick. Why would you have Budge driving it? You’ve spent the last couple of weeks calling the SPFL for all their decisions ( with some justification ) but you think this process isn’t a stitch up?

2 hours ago, lionel wickson said:

I admire your even-handed stance towards Rangers, a club that tried to have yourselves, Berwick Rangers, Brechin City, Stenhousemuir and Albion Rovers kicked into the gutter of oblivion in 1964.

I know , I just feel like many do that something rotten and underhanded went on with the vote and I think it should be fully scrutinised and the internal investigation just amplifies my feelings . How can people say all is okay and Deloitte found nothing wrong when we know that the SPFL  used a financial incentive to vote the way they wanted , lost a crucial vote , announced how clubs had voted before vote was closed ...it stinks .... but because some hate Rangers they are prepared to stick their heads in the sand 

13 minutes ago, nofixedability said:

Don’t agree , this is being done to keep Hearts in the top league and to a lesser extent Partick. Why would you have Budge driving it? You’ve spent the last couple of weeks calling the SPFL for all their decisions ( with some justification ) but you think this process isn’t a stitch up?

I don’t think I said that I agreed with Hearts involvement in fact it shows my distrust in the way things are being run ( just bribe anyone that stands against your proposals ) and why there must be a proper investigation.  It’s sad that enough clubs can’t stand together and oppose any plan that disadvantages any club due to calling an end to the season early ..

5 hours ago, kvz2000 said:

No you dont agree but will probably accept reconstruction with 14-14-14 meaning you get relegated along with other teams that don't deserve to be relegated. Easiest way is to promote top and relegate bottom as Hearts and other top league sides will only want that setup for one season. P

3 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

The whole thing is getting so boring now that I'd gladly accept a null and void just to move on from it all. There's no need for any reconstruction at all.

Yeah, but didn't you hear m8 - the whole of Scottish football is supposed to come together to save Hearts.

I hope Dumbarton vote against any reconstruction being rushed through for season 20/21. It's completely unnecessary. If the reconstruction committee are so passionate about rearranging the league structure then they'll presumably still be eager come the end of the following season, when our lives are hopefully returning to some kind of normality. Clubs can then be well-versed in advance that a mid-table League 1 finish might result in demotion to an expanded bottom tier.

Meantime, f**k Hearts. They were consistently shite for extended periods of last season and need to pipe doon and get doon. 

So, is this correct?
If all the League 2 clubs stick together with their 14-14-14 option then no other option can be passed because it would need 15 votes from League 1 / League 2?
As good as, but given the financial split would need to change, and it would no matter how much it could be claimed as another vote - those votes aren't split so that League 1/2 have a veto but require 32/42 to pass. The chances of the other 32 all agreeing to anything is pretty much nil.

9 hours ago, kvz2000 said:

Yet any reconstruction is going to use the current, unfair, standings to distribute teams into new leagues. How is that any fairer?

1 hour ago, George Parr said:

Yeah, but didn't you hear m8 - the whole of Scottish football is supposed to come together to save Hearts.

I hope Dumbarton vote against any reconstruction being rushed through for season 20/21. It's completely unnecessary. If the reconstruction committee are so passionate about rearranging the league structure then they'll presumably still be eager come the end of the following season, when our lives are hopefully returning to some kind of normality. Clubs can then be well-versed in advance that a mid-table League 1 finish might result in demotion to an expanded bottom tier.

Meantime, f**k Hearts. They were consistently shite for extended periods of last season and need to pipe doon and get doon. 

Absolutely, the only talk of reconstruction has come from 2 or 3 clubs who are disadvantaged.

And whatever reconstruction brings, there are then bound to be other clubs disadvantaged (and yes my team is likely to be one of them).

It makes more sense for clubs to vote on reconstruction at the beginning of next season (whenever that is), meaning less vested interest due to not knowing how the season is going to pan out.

9 hours ago, kvz2000 said:

If the choice is between fucking over teams who were all bottom of their respective divisions at the point the arse fell out the world v rushing through a 14-14-14 set up and fucking over teams who finished up to 7th place in League 1, then it's no choice at all.

If this had been last season with Dundee totally doomed at the bottom of the Premiership, I’m pretty sure there would be no such discussions and that’s the biggest sticking point for me.

I actually quite like the 14-14-14 model as long as it’s permanent and it isn’t 3 fixtures against everyone, a split would be needed. But let’s not pretend it isn’t all just being done to save Hearts, you could save Partick easily with a 12-12 model in the top two leagues and Stranraer although slightly hard done to were going down anyway. It’s all about Hearts.

59 minutes ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

Yet any reconstruction is going to use the current, unfair, standings to distribute teams into new leagues. How is that any fairer?

I haven’t mentioned reconstruction or suggested what the best way forward is , but for a start it is essential for every club to vote for a full investigation into the way the SPFL have handled things , our SPFL are a laughing stock they have no credibility and absolutely no trust , they are the reason we are in this situation by steam rolling their plan through instead of taking time and considering every option or waiting to see how long the lockdown lasts.

10 minutes ago, AFC1878 said:

I agree with their main point.

But what League 1 sides are being sent down? They’ll still be in League 1!!

The point is that Clyde for example are currently in a league which we gained promotion last year, as Are Peterhead.  If it passes to a 14 team set up we will only be playing 3 of these teams next year despite being several points off a relegation place. 

Effectively being relegated to a lower league. Furthermore Cove will effectively not be promoted, yet every other team who were top of the league will be.

no team was supposed to be disadvantaged. Clyde, Peterhead and Forfar will be

Edited by FREDDYFRY