The SPFL recommendation?

4 minutes ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

We already got promoted away from them. It was 12 months ago. Why do we need to do it again?

To suit Hearts and Thistle?

That's a tad ungrateful.

As I recall they took Clyde in when the Bully Wee hadn't a pot to piss in.

Seriously though I sympathise with Clyde, Peterhead, Forfar and to a lesser extent Stranraer if this 3 x 14 comes to pass. Sad truth is the whole Scottish football set up is a mess and there is no-one size fits all solution and never will be, so all in all it's clearly seek a solution that pisses off the fewest people the least I fear.  As a Rovers fan that's been watching my team stuck in L1 running up further debt for the last 3 years I'm just glad null & void was removed from the equation, another season in L1 could have been enough to kill us off completely. Speaking of pissing off the fewest I am well aware that other than for Rovers and Falkirk the N&V option suited the rest of the league 1 clubs and the same could probably be said for the Championship (other than DUFC), SPFL (other than Celtic) and L2 (other than Cove).

What were Clyde fans saying about the vote to relegate Partick?
Come on down, would be great to have the derby games back but don't think it wouldn't be fair especially considering how close it is between them and Queen of the South.

Think 14-10-10-10 would be the fairest no relegation and top 2 promoted.

2 hours ago, ribzanelli said:

If there were playoffs which were won by Falkirk then QoS and Partick would be in L1 next season. This reconstruction would see them both in Championship, to be replaced by Stranraer and Edinburgh City - big difference in gate receipts!

Or maybe Alloa and Arbroath would have ended up coming down and it would have made absolutely no difference.

"Close the borders, enough is enough".

Feck off with this tabloid-headline pish response.
That’s not what was said at all.

I didn’t advocate a closed shop. I think it’s healthy to offload the under-performing teams at the bottom and bring in some fresh blood if they are better than what is at the bottom.

But what they ‘win’ when finishing top of their league is a playoff to get into a playoff to get into league 2.

Not sure why there’s a feeling that they must both be promoted automatically this season.

And it’s not a self-serving opinion in the slightest- Raith will be in the second tier regardless of the way they cut the reconstruction or who they promote/don’t promote.

I completely agree that both mentioned teams are shit. But they are still in the set up so far. I don't actually mind kelty and have been to at least about 50-70 of their games over last 10 years.

Just don't feel that they or brora have merited being pushed in when someone like cove and Edinburgh had to go through a harder set up to get in.

One day kelty will be a spfl stalwart I can guarantee it as it's a good club with great backers and community around it.

Kelty will probably last in the SPFL for a few years until the money dries up and will likely then yo-yo between the LL and the EoS

Not reading last 101 posts but we thinking Rangers are bluffing or not re evidence..

On another note Michael Stewart conversation with Elgin Chair on radio yesterday was a fist clinching moment from the sportsound presenter..

How he can go on about unfair this, unfair that in relation to his beloved Hearts getting unfairly relegated without season ending, How about relegating a team that finished 7th in their league and twice have become the victim of league reconstruction in the last 20 years when nowwhere the bottom 2 spots...

That team - Clyde FC

Not really convinced by 14-14-14 until I read this. Getting Clyde down to the bottom league where they belong a real plus!

That's a tad ungrateful.
As I recall they took Clyde in when the Bully Wee hadn't a pot to piss in.

Seriously though I sympathise with Clyde, Peterhead, Forfar and to a lesser extent Stranraer if this 3 x 14 comes to pass. Sad truth is the whole Scottish football set up is a mess and there is no-one size fits all solution and never will be, so all in all it's clearly seek a solution that pisses off the fewest people the least I fear.  As a Rovers fan that's been watching my team stuck in L1 running up further debt for the last 3 years I'm just glad null & void was removed from the equation, another season in L1 could have been enough to kill us off completely. Speaking of pissing off the fewest I am well aware that other than for Rovers and Falkirk the N&V option suited the rest of the league 1 clubs and the same could probably be said for the Championship (other than DUFC), SPFL (other than Celtic) and L2 (other than Cove).

"Running up further debt"? Do you not mean being mismanaged?

Kelty will probably last in the SPFL for a few years until the money dries up and will likely then yo-yo between the LL and the EoS
They will be fine as crowds are larger than many league sides and their youth teams are top notch too.
The money is a bonus for them (and has actually ruined it a bit for me as many of the guys I grew up with and were playing for them have since left) but they will still be fine.

"Running up further debt"? Do you not mean being mismanaged?

There's mismanagement but if we had gone down the route of Clyde in 2008/09 we'd have killed the club. We got McGlynn back who has steadied the ship while also flooding through the most youth talent we've had at Starks since the early 90s.

At which point Stranraer will probably be playing in the SoS League against their own reserves.

Elgin chair said they dont want reconstruction but literally on the same breath and the advice of Donald Findlay the L2 chairman got together on whats app group & all in favour of 3x14s. Unbelievable comment

They don't want reconstruction - if it was being pushed through and there was wider desire that a reconstruction go through they would reluctantly support 3 x 14 was my take on that - rather than debate endlessly on every variant or pet idea

2 hours ago, sirscottyoung said:

They will be fine as crowds are larger than many league sides and their youth teams are top notch too.
The money is a bonus for them (and has actually ruined it a bit for me as many of the guys I grew up with and were playing for them have since left) but they will still be fine.

How did there crowds look before the money?  Also, is the money not a bit more than a bonus?  Surely they wouldn't have been signing players straight from the Championship and League 1 off their own back?

13 hours ago, David W said:

I didn't hear the Sportsound stuff. Is the 14-14-14 a suggestion from the reconstruction group? Or has this just been something created by the League 2 sides?

I'm wondering if it's an attempt from the League 2 clubs to swing things in their favour - we'll vote for this, we won't vote for your other ideas.

There is a bit on the Stirling Albion thread that gives an insight into Div 2 clubs thinking and terms of reference re 14,14,14.

11 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Or maybe Alloa and Arbroath would have ended up coming down and it would have made absolutely no difference.

14 hours ago, craigkillie said:

In what way does it punish the League 1 clubs financially? Two clubs are promoted out of the league who may have been promoted out of the league anyway.

I think these two points kinda show what I meant, there are lots of things that "may" or "probably" would have happened. 14-10-10-10 absolutely guarantees that Falkirk go up is what I meant, which currently is not happening. So losing their away crowds loses us cash. 

Can we just bump Clyde up to the top division if any of this happens? Some of their fans appear to have acquired PTSD from being in the bottom drawer for so long, and I'm starting to fear for their health.

13 hours ago, shawfield shed boy said:
13 hours ago, David W said:
I didn't hear the Sportsound stuff. Is the 14-14-14 a suggestion from the reconstruction group? Or has this just been something created by the League 2 sides?
I'm wondering if it's an attempt from the League 2 clubs to swing things in their favour - we'll vote for this, we won't vote for your other ideas.

Elgin chair said they dont want reconstruction but literally on the same breath and the advice of Donald Findlay the L2 chairman got together on whats app group & all in favour of 3x14s. Unbelievable comment

What he said was he didn’t want reconstruction and didn’t understand the clamour for it at this time when survival for a lot of clubs was the priority and there may not be enough teams left to have a 14,14,14 . If forced into reconstruction the Lge 2 clubs are going for the joint position of 14,14,14.

6 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

How did there crowds look before the money?  Also, is the money not a bit more than a bonus?  Surely they wouldn't have been signing players straight from the Championship and League 1 off their own back?

2 hours ago, sirscottyoung said:

Kelty's average attendance in 18/19 was 356 based on the LL attendance thread. It was 548 for last season when the money rolled in and they could buy the league. The money they generated from having someone bank roll them, and the increase in attendances caused by the resultant success, would suggest they might struggle if/when that success then tailed off or the bankrolling stopped. And of course there is absolutely no chance they could sign the players they have now without the funding behind the scenes.