The SPFL recommendation?

It's the same as always from the lower league clubs, continuing the old SFL closed shop mentality. "Pull up the drawbridge, we're alright". Hopefully the Premiership clubs can see past this self-interest.
Why push them in. At the very worst put them in a play off against each other then against brechin to see who gets in if at all

17 minutes ago, sirscottyoung said:
34 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

It's the same as always from the lower league clubs, continuing the old SFL closed shop mentality. "Pull up the drawbridge, we're alright". Hopefully the Premiership clubs can see past this self-interest.

Why push them in. At the very worst put them in a play off against each other then against brechin to see who gets in if at all

Logical but impractical as surely that can’t happen for all the same reasons as the decision to call a halt in the 1st place. Add to this that teams involved will likely have vastly different squads once play can recommence, how would it be a fair playing field? I can’t speak for Brechin but I know there’s one team (Stranraer I believe) in L1 that would have no signed players by 12th June.

1 hour ago, kvz2000 said:

Please explain how this would kill a lot of clubs ? They would still get their money and would have given the SPFL more time to come up with a decent plan for next season ...

Maybe the SPFL would have paid out had the leagues been declared null and void.

But the TV folk, individual sponsors and season ticket holders could all demand refunds. 

Maybe the SPFL would have paid out had the leagues been declared null and void.
But the TV folk, individual sponsors and season ticket holders could all demand refunds. 

Did anyone ask them if they planned on doing that?
Can they still not demand refunds? The season didn’t complete. There are games outstanding.

24 minutes ago, sirscottyoung said:

Sorry, but once again, Cove are not the only losers. Forfar, Peterhead and Clyde would be forced to play against clubs they have no sporting reason to play against. Anyone bringing forward the you are in the 3rd tier, still in the 3rd tier argument can save their breath. Everyone knows the financial loss to those three clubs will be significant, and that loss is as a straight result of attempting to save Hearts from a loss. 

Frankly,  if that is the suggestion then our Board have failed to get themselves heard. The lack of a public statement at the very least is a really poor effort.

53 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Wheres all the cash coming to fund all these extra clubs?

What extra clubs, 3x14 is 42. The difficulty is no promotion to the bottom tier, that's where extra clubs might come in, if so it'll cost about £85k.

The real cost is if the top tier has 2 more clubs they'll need to give clubs 13 and 14 more than they would've got for being 1st and 2nd in the Championsip.

You could have put the kettle on for the 14 14 14, such a Clyde thing to be shafted by reconstruction again.

I assume the board are keeping quiet until something is actually put out there from reconstruction/ self preservation group, hope we don’t live to regret the silence. I only hope they are involved in some kind of conversation with other L1 clubs. Similar silence it seems from Peterhead and Forfar who are in same position as us. 

Let's not kid ourselves. We would be quite happy voting for 14-14-14 if we were one place further up the pyramid.  Just as we were quite happy to unjustly relegate Hearts and Thistle.

It is a joke of course. Playing teams 3 times is rubbish; absolutely idiotic. For those saying it's not a relegation; it prevents us from finishing in the top 28, and the prize money that provides. Crowd numbers will always vary; that is a clear financial punishment being imposed on teams who were not in relegation positions.

1 minute ago, David W said:

Let's not kid ourselves. We would be quite happy voting for 14-14-14 if we were one place further up the pyramid.  Just as we were quite happy to unjustly relegate Hearts and Thistle.

It is a joke of course. Playing teams 3 times is rubbish; absolutely idiotic. For those saying it's not a relegation; it prevents us from finishing in the top 28, and the prize money that provides. Crowd numbers will always vary; that is a clear financial punishment being imposed on teams who were not in relegation positions.

Agreed, we would. However I am sick of hearing this is a solution that means no one suffers except Cove. Just wrong.

If they want 3 leagues then promote two from HL/LL and have 16/18 in the middle which will reduce further the number of teams financially punished to save Hearts.

Agreed, we would. However I am sick of hearing this is a solution that means no one suffers except Cove. Just wrong.
If they want 3 leagues then promote two from HL/LL and have 16/18 in the middle which will reduce further the number of teams financially punished to save Hearts.
Promoting extras from the other leagues means playing out more money to these clubs which the current clubs will pay for.

Absolute non starter

What extra clubs, 3x14 is 42. The difficulty is no promotion to the bottom tier, that's where extra clubs might come in, if so it'll cost about £85k.
The real cost is if the top tier has 2 more clubs they'll need to give clubs 13 and 14 more than they would've got for being 1st and 2nd in the Championsip.

Why give them more?

Just popped up here to see what was being said so here’s my take.

Whilst I agree with my fellow monument shaggers in the 3 14s being the best restructuring proposal, I can admit it is probably is from a selfish point of view from league 2 teams including ourselves.

We have clearly chosen this to keep both Kelty and Brora down and help preserve the status of the teams at the bottom of our league. Also teams will be happy not to have these 2 teams promoted as they will no doubt challenge for title next season which would limit our and others chances of promotion.  The 14 team league also gives the opportunity to teams like stirlinh to have one very good/lucky season and we would be playing some big teams and making some good cash. Compared to 14 10 10 10 where we would need 2 promotions to be playing against the ‘bigger boys’ of the lower leagues. Cove could no doubt see it this way as well as by winning a league of 14 where they only have to compete with the same teams from this year - which they have done easily, plus the bottom 4 of the league above to get big games the following season, which would be much easier than them playing in a league of 10 against other current league 1 clubs and fight it out for promotion with the likes or airdrie Falkirk east fife etc.

Do I dare feel sorry for the 4 teams in league 1 who would basically be relegated due to this proposal? Probably yes. They will now receive less income from travelling supports and probably see home supports drop too by playing against lesser opposition, leading to staff/ player cuts and Ofcourse big budget cuts too. And 3 of those 4 have not finished bottom so it’s harsh punishing them 3 instead of punishing 2 teams- hearts and thistle who actually are bottom in their league. Where’s the sense in that I ask? 
But purely out of self interest though it’s a good decision for Stirling!