Sign in to follow this  
RRFC2711

The SPFL recommendation?

That was my assumption as well - hence Dundee initially voting no and then changing their vote, eventually. However, I'd be amazed if it does go to a 14-team top league and it isn't a 'no relegation and 2 teams up from the championship' move (especially as Budge is heading the whole thing up), meaning Dundee are no better off. If fact because United would be up and Hearts wouldn't be coming down, that would be a real financial hit for Dundee. I'm hoping somewhat optimistically that a 16 team top flight is also to be discussed. Either way Partick don't get relegated and we get promoted which I believe is the right course of action here. 

Given both Hearts and Dundee’s vested interests, it could only be a 16 team top league with 4 up, none down.

However if they were to propose that there is no way the bigots and the TV would accept it so it’s not going to happen......

I can't see a temporary solution for an expanded Premiership holding up to be honest - why would Hamilton or St Mirren (for example) vote for a system that had a high chance of seeing them relegated? 

Short of Hearts wanting to stop themselves being relegated, I don't really see any incentives here for the Premiership teams to vote for expansion, other than appeasement to avoid this all going to court. Whether that's a powerful driver or not in itself, I don't know. 

12 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Give both Hearts and Dundee’s vested interests, it could only be a 16 team top league with 4 up, none down.
However if they were to propose that there is no way the bigots and the TV would accept it so it’s not going to happen......

I think it was yesterday someone made a very neat proposal of a 16 team top flight - everyone playing twice then splitting in to 4 mini leagues with teams playing eachother home and away within that. Two automatic champleague places to 1 st & 2nd and a europa slot for 3rd, middle two group 'winners' - or 5th and 9th placed teams - play off for a europa slot, 2 teams relegated. Removes most teams having to play 4 times but crucially keeps 4 Glasgow/ new new firm derbies and TV companies happy. That's a clear winner for me, very unlikely to actually happen though 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

1 hour ago, AFC1878 said:

The working party that has been formed and is headed up by Ann Budge will decide the best course of action is to scrap relegation thereby saving her club Hearts, and in doing so preventing any potential legal action by Thistle or Stranraer.

I reckon they’ll promote 2 from each league to make a 14 team Premiership and bring Brora and Kelty in at the bottom.

However, that doesn’t factor in Dundee’s part in all of this. What are they getting in return for their vote?

I might  be a million miles away but with the antics of the last 72 hours, and the Mickey Mouse SPFL how’s about the top four championship teams are promoted to make it 16 teams SPL. The void in the championship are replaced with four top teams in division 1. Division 1 teams are replaced with four top teams from division 2 and the league division 2 has four new teams promoted. 
There you go sorted - all league teams rewarded including all in play off places promoted, no relegations and four new junior teams given the chance. 

Not if the principle was against unfair relegation, and their promotion gets round that.
You believe Falkirk's main concern was about the relegation of Hearts, Thistle and Stranraer?

11 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

Watch teams such as Falkirk and Edinburgh City's objections disappear, re. league positions being confirmed on an incomplete season, if it means they're promoted as runners up.

Surely they should reject any such like proposal if their original objections were based on principle and not self interest.

Read our statement, we've reluctantly accepted the outcome of the vote

If reconstruction means saving hearts, partick and stranraer from an unfair relegation then why wouldnt we vote for it?

4 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

I think it was yesterday someone made a very neat proposal of a 16 team top flight - everyone playing twice then splitting in to 4 mini leagues with teams playing eachother home and away within that. Two automatic champleague places to 1 st & 2nd and a europa slot for 3rd, middle two group 'winners' - or 5th and 9th placed teams - play off for a europa slot, 2 teams relegated. Removes most teams having to play 4 times but crucially keeps 4 Glasgow/ new new firm derbies and TV companies happy. That's a clear winner for me, very unlikely to actually happen though 

This would however see clubs lose a home fixture against one of the OF - I can't see that flying unfortunately. 

1 minute ago, haufdaft said:

You believe Falkirk's main concern was about the relegation of Hearts, Thistle and Stranraer?

Not a main concern, but a concern, definitely. Partick Thistle have been well and truly shafted, feel more for them than I do for us.

There you go sorted - all league teams rewarded including all in play off places promoted, no relegations and four new junior teams given the chance. 

Clubs in the LL/HL are senior not junior.

The only viable reconstruction I can see is a 14 team SPL with 3 leagues of 10 below it. 

No relegation, Brora and Kelty up. 

2 minutes ago, Michael W said:

This would however see clubs lose a home fixture against one of the OF - I can't see that flying unfortunately. 

Whilst this is true it wouldn't surprise me if it didn't actually effect average crowds or hospitality revenue over a season given supporters would actually be more enthusiastic about attending the rest of the games. When we were in the SPL our home gate would drop by 1000 when one of the arsecheeks came to town. We've also seen the like of Killie, Hibs, Aberdeen etc reduce Celtic/ The Rangers away allocations recently, don't think these gate receipts are seen as important as they once were, especially with the hugely inflated policing costs now required for these games. St Johnstone have gone the other way this season but after many years or resisting tbf. Could also see it being a winner for the current bottom 6 type clubs - much less likely chance of getting relegated in future, and more chance of top flight derbies which the current premiership sorely lacks. 

I might  be a million miles away but with the antics of the last 72 hours, and the Mickey Mouse SPFL how’s about the top four championship teams are promoted to make it 16 teams SPL. The void in the championship are replaced with four top teams in division 1. Division 1 teams are replaced with four top teams from division 2 and the league division 2 has four new teams promoted. 
You mean 2 new teams from LL and HL, and 2 colts teams. Only way the arse cheeks would ever accept it.

Not a main concern, but a concern, definitely. Partick Thistle have been well and truly shafted, feel more for them than I do for us.
If it's unfair to declare Raith Rovers champions in an incomplete league season, then unfair to declare Falkirk runners up.

2 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

If it's unfair to declare Raith Rovers champions in an incomplete league season, then unfair to declare Falkirk runners up.

Agreed. Who would you promote if there was reconstruction and an extra team was required to round up the numbers?

6 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

The only viable reconstruction I can see is a 14 team SPL with 3 leagues of 10 below it. 

No relegation, Brora and Kelty up. 

This is the only one that has any chance of getting passed I think.  Can’t see the top team widening it up to a 16 team league. 

4 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

Don't get your point, I'm on to make Partick Thistle's case.

1 minute ago, roverthemoon said:

This is the only one that has any chance of getting passed I think.  Can’t see the top team widening it up to a 16 team league. 

The proposal with a 16 team top league would put Clyde, Peterhead and Forfar into the bottom tier again, along with keeping Cove down. 4 votes straight away that wouldn’t pass. 

You can’t reconstruct and make any club worse off. 

If an 11-1 Premiership majority is required to save Hearts via league reconstruction then it won’t happen. There’s nothing Budge can come up with that will incentivise all 11, this is a complete non-starter.

Agreed. Who would you promote if there was reconstruction and an extra team was required to round up the numbers?
I'm against any reconstruction at all.

If teams don't deserve to be (wrongly) relegated then teams don't deserve to be promoted.

My point is the hypocrisy of Falkirk if they agree to promotion based on second place when they objected to Rovers bring declared winners.
Don't get your point, I'm on to make Partick Thistle's case.
Thistle have a great case on principle. Falkirk don't.