The SPFL recommendation?

It’s very clear that Clyde supporters see this as their achievement of the century.
Well done in beating one of the worst Falkirk teams in living memory.
It must feel like winning the Champions League for you....

To be fair not many other teams in the league managed to beat you lot. Only 4 defeats and 3 of them against Clyde. Pleasing.

Is this idea worth consideration? Why not go for a 16 top league- play each other twice- after 30 games split 8/8- 14 further games giving 44 in total(same as England Championship). Bin the league cup and challenge cup. This suggestion would give Old Firm derbies, Edinburgh derbies, Dundee derbies, Highland derbies, Tayside derbies, Ayrshire derbies, Lanarkshire derbies- surely something to offer any TV company. You’d have full stadiums for these games rather than the embarrassment we have at the moment with third full ones on some televised games. The two at the bottom of the lower split go down. . The lower two leagues of 14 each. Play each other twice then split- 26 games. A further 12 games after split giving a total of 38. Top two in top half go up, bottom two in bottom half go down. Forget play offs which only adds to fixture problems. The split would keep the season alive for most clubs. On current standings Raith would miss out on Dundee ICT and Ayr but retain games with Falkirk East Fife and gain games with Dunfermline. Short term plenty Fife derbies. Longer term we might at least have a crack at the top league. Forfar would lose out by dropping into bottom tier but I think there are more winners than losers. Happy to have it ripped to bits.

Not really interested in getting a free pass to the championship tbh. 3 years of being a joke, I was hoping this season was a chance to sort ourselves out and we clearly haven’t. 

If we are in this league again next year, we have a second chance to get it right.

4 minutes ago, troy said:

Leagues of 10 are boring make less leagues and more teams in them. 

See this pish....

We've one of the tightest leagues in the UK here. There's pretty much all to play for. Nothing had been decided (until yesterday) but it's boring.

The playoff system in Scotland has been a resounding success (despite my own teams utter failure every time) with huge fan buy in and guarantee's an exciting end to the season, the percentage of possible team turnover in any of our lower leagues has to be one of the highest in Europe.

What needs to change is distribution of money and the playoff between the Championship and the Premier to be brought in line with all the others.

I'm afraid that when this hurried balls up of a reconstruction is over - within a season there will be some clamouring to do it again...and again....

We've got a pyramid system in place, we've got most teams reaching the tickly bit of the season with something to play for....but fucksake let change it.

The bastion of integrity that is Ann Budge has commented again on reconstruction as:

"addressed through a temporary change to the league structure to cope with what is likely to be 2 very “abnormal” seasons."

So there you have it.

She wants reconstruction only as long as necessary to save Hearts.

Then back to 12-10-10-10 I'd assume

8 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

Could it be that Dundee were angling for a 14 team premier league for more than a single season.

If it’s only for a single season then we are committed to that before the campaign starts so everyone would know where they stand around relegation places BUT what if it’s actually quite popular. Going for 2 seasons could mean a vote after the first season is complete on whether to revert back or keep a 14 team premier. If voting to revert back this could then be implemented over the second season.

From Dundee’s point of view that doesn’t get them up this season but it puts them in the driving seat next season with a potential 14 team league still in place making it easier to stay up.

Are they not talking about this being for 2 seasons?

17 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

Clyde - we beat Falkirk 3 times out of 3 so are clearly superior.

If you'd played like you played against us more often safe to say you wouldve been in a playoff spot. Mind you if we'd played like we played against you more often we wouldnt have been near the promotion playoffs.

1 minute ago, Pesadilla said:

See this pish....

We've one of the tightest leagues in the UK here. There's pretty much all to play for. Nothing had been decided (until yesterday) but it's boring.

The playoff system in Scotland has been a resounding success (despite my own teams utter failure every time) with huge fan buy in and guarantee's an exciting end to the season, the percentage of possible team turnover in any of our lower leagues has to be one of the highest in Europe.

What needs to change is distribution of money and the playoff between the Championship and the Premier to be brought in line with all the others.

I'm afraid that when this hurried balls up of a reconstruction is over - within a season there will be some clamouring to do it again...and again....

We've got a pyramid system in place, we've got most teams reaching the tickly bit of the season with something to play for....but fucksake let change it.

Yep, agree with this.

Whatever they come up with, I hope we can keep the playoffs. They pretty much ensured that everyone had something to play for all they way through the season.

Imagine the Scottish Championship and Scottish League 2 this season without the playoffs?

The leagues would pretty much have been finished as a contest by Christmas....

4 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

The bastion of integrity that is Ann Budge has commented again on reconstruction as:

"addressed through a temporary change to the league structure to cope with what is likely to be 2 very “abnormal” seasons."

So there you have it.

She wants reconstruction only as long as necessary to save Hearts.

Then back to 12-10-10-10 I'd assume

How does she sell this to Hibs? Why would they vote to save Hearts?

How does she sell this to Celtic? Why would they vote to mess around with a league structure that’s delivered them near complete success over the last decade?

She’s nae chance. 

49 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

If it's unfair to declare Raith Rovers champions in an incomplete league season, then unfair to declare Falkirk runners up.

That's right, it is.  And its unfair to relegate Partick when they've played a game less. 

Do you think they would be relegating the New Rangers if they were still working their way up through the leagues and were in Partick's place?  

40 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

If as a consequence of Thistle being saved from relegation through reconstruction that Falkirk are placed in the Championship then sure I'll take it.

Falkirk FC, myself, and I think most of our fans, have been in favour of league reconstruction for quite some time. You have stated that you are not in favour of league reconstruction, I respect your point of view.

Not being funny but how vocal and for how long have Falkirk been in favour of league reconstruction?

Good luck spinning that one over saving them from relegation. 

Any reconstruction proposal should be set out to take affect from the end of season 20/21. 

But the point of the reconstruction is to avoid ‘unfair’ relegation due to an incomplete season.
Not because there was an appetite for reconstruction before this.

Delaying the reconstruction until the following season negates the point.

Since 1987 

We need a ‘laughing’ reaction for posts as well as a like.

So Falkirk have been opposed to all of the reconstructions that have happened in the last 30+ years and propose...... what exactly?

Don’t kid yourselves lads, if we were in second we’d absolutely be clamouring for some way of getting 2 teams promoted, but to claim you were some sort of visionary advocates of reconstruction before all this is laughable.

As someone else said above, the current structure of the leagues is the most exciting it has been in decades.
What we need is a fairer distribution of cash, less power to the old firm and playoffs for the premier to no longer favour the premier team.

Reconstruction is an acceptable solution to avoid unfairly penalising clubs in relegation spots, but it’s not a solution to fix the problems in Scottish football, and don’t pretend you’ve wanted it all along.