The SPFL recommendation?

20 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Yet your complaints only reach a public forum when Falkirk are denied promotion due to it. I don't remember reading any complaints from Falkirk fans on the voting structure this whole summer and we've had more votes than I care to remember.

Then you aren't looking very hard Falkirk Fans have been complaining about the voting structures in scottish football for years

2 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Ok ill take it from here.

Is a 7-5, 8-4, 9-3 or even 10-2 vote a majority?…

Not in the eyes of the SPFL.

Of course, there’s nothing remotely autocratic about the SPFL....

Yup but they don't meet the voting threshold which the league voted to establish at its inception.  All this voting - definitive proof of the autocratic nature of the SPFL.

Anyhoo .... I'll just leave this one here.

Autocracy: An autocracy is a system of government in which an autocrat, defined as a single person or party, possesses supreme and absolute power. The decisions of this autocrat are subject to neither external legal restraints nor regularized mechanisms of popular control.

A few pages ago we had a Falkirk fan complaining that small clubs shouldn't be allowed a vote as they hold too much power and now the big clubs have voted down the proposal that would see them promoted, we have another Falkirk fan saying it's the big clubs that have turned Scottish football into a dictatorship.
Do you guys maybe want to have a wee meeting between yourselves and decide which it is before launching your toys all over the forum?

Don’t know if you are aware or not. There wasn’t a vote. We only have the SPFL telling us that the indication is that there is not enough support for change.

All clubs agreed on the 11-1 voting structure when the SPL and SFL were merged, did they not?

I believe they did, but a couple of weeks ago the SPFL asked the Premiership and Championship what it would take to get support for reconstruction - but you didn’t take the chance to change anything.

https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/board-update-15th-june-2020/

I get the anger, I get the feeling of injustice but the stench of hypocrisy from Jacqui Low is overwhelming.  "Alleged greater good of the Scottish game", "a majority of Scottish football wasn't prepared to stand by its own." - so admirable, but what a load of shite. Jacqui, if it was swapsies with Thistle and QOS and you were in 9th place we'd be hearing sweet FA from you. Nothing, zilch, sweet Fanny Adams You'd be wiping the sweat from your forehead and saying "there by the grace..." 

So please enough of the virtuous shit. 

Anyway, fingers crossed for a return to football soon.

A dictatorship is a system where a single person or entity can force through changes against the will of the majority. The SPFL could be considered a dictatorship if resolutions like this one could pass on the basis of a small number of influential clubs supporting it, or by an executive decision by the board. Instead, the opposite is true, for a resolution to pass it requires a supermajority of the clubs.
Of course, in this vote it wouldn't matter if it was simply majority rule, since the majority of the clubs saw through this tinpot proposal.

Of course the voting system means that any two premiership clubs can veto any proposal.

It's great.
Complaining about a "dictatorship" through the voting methods, and how this dictatorship/self preservation league single handedly ended reconstruction. 
The fact a vote of all 42 clubs showed that only 16 wanted it seems to be entirely ignored.

There wasn’t a vote - there was a poll.

4 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

You need to read further back then. However, I’m not speaking for Falkirk fans, I’m voicing my own opinion. I’m bored of the votes, as it’s entirely predictable that self interest will rule in every case as has been borne out.

It really concerns me that our standings in Europe slowly subsided with the formation of the SPL and (outside of the Old Firm), we continue to slide today, but the majority (yes I realise thats a democratic majority), can’t see that we need a change of regime and voting structure if we are ever to move the game forward to the best interests of the game as a whole. The SPFL is nothing more than an extension of the old SPL, joined by smaller clubs desperate for change with no alternative.

Expanded divisions, without the leeches clinging onto 4 old firm games a season, is what we have needed for years, but it’s never going to happen under a self interested voting structure...

This is a pretty reasonable take. My fear with attempting to open the voting structure worm can is that it somehow backfires on League 1/2 clubs and c***s like Gordon Strachan etc get their way in further diluting our voting rights.

14 hours ago, stuartcraig said:

Still not a dictatorship.

Your right it's a Duopoly sustained by sycophantic self interested self preservation leech in charge of most if not all clubs  

26 minutes ago, stuartcraig said:

It certainly has a touch of the Traynor about it.

Jabba was the first thing that sprang to mind after reading Gordon Strachan's pish about badly run social clubs running Scottish football.

Like the Covid, it seems to be going about a bit right now.

1 hour ago, George Parr said:

It's a disgraceful piece that's frustrating to see appear on a license-payer funded space.

He's a cnut of a man who,  like the self-aggrandising Graham Spiers, is only concerned with two clubs in the country.   Its impossible to read anything he writes without wishing him ill.