The SPFL recommendation?

10 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I think hearts are deadly serious about legal action this time. I dont think.budge is bluffing at all.  If you were leaving yourself open to changing your mind you wouldnt tell everyone that legal costs were going to be a lot less than the costs of relegation.  Long way to go on this if you ask me unless 6 clubs fold on reconstruction.

Just keep wishing, close your eyes tighter and it might come true.

Just now, Sergeant Wilson said:

Just keep wishing, close your eyes tighter and it might come true.

Nothing to do with that just my opinion.  Some clubs are obviously concerned or the whole thing wouldnt have reared its head again.  Budge to me has now gone too far to back down with some crappy excuse and she doesnt come over to me as the kind of person who backs down easily. 

6 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

If that's true its interesting that both Thistle and Rangers QCs say there's a reasonable chance of success in challenging the actions of the SPFL.

I don't claim to be a legal expert but I assume they know what they're talking about.

It's all smoke and mirrors to play up to their masses.

If that's true its interesting that both Thistle and Rangers QCs say there's a reasonable chance of success in challenging the actions of the SPFL.

I don't claim to be a legal expert but I assume they know what they're talking about.
QC's will say that in the manner of a Glasgow taxi driver suggesting that we should drive to Paisley via Oban [emoji383][emoji383][emoji383]

44 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

And you seriously don't question why they in particular would say that?

Come on now.

And you seriously don't question why they in particular would say that?
Come on now.
And you don't question why the SPFL say all rules have been abided by but desperately didn't want any inquiry?

Any reconstruction or compensation for Hearts will be a sign of weakness in the SPFL position.

Relegation without legal action or compensation will show weakness in the Hearts case.

Ultimately we'll see what happens.

19 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

And you don't question why the SPFL say all rules have been abided by but desperately didn't want any inquiry?

Any reconstruction or compensation for Hearts will be a sign of weakness in the SPFL position.

Relegation without legal action or compensation will show weakness in the Hearts case.

Because all the rules were abided by. The nonsense that bitch clubs cried about was shown, by multiple sources, to be absolute shite.

Reconstruction won't show weakness on the part of the SPFL. They don't say yes or no to that, the clubs do. The SPFL don't have a say, and I doubt they'd really care given that it is the clubs that make up the SPFL.

7 hours ago, haufdaft said:

This season's Scottish cup continues into next season with what will be totally different squads.

This will include Hearts who will then have trimmed their squad to championship numbers and quality.

Sporting integrity my arse!

The alternatives are not playing the Scottish Cup at all, attempting to play it in the midst of a global pandemic, or ignoring stuff like employment law and contracts by forcing players to stay at the same clubs (and clubs to keep players) against their will.

With that in mind, carrying on the tournament is obviously the right thing to do.

The alternatives are not playing the Scottish Cup at all, attempting to play it in the midst of a global pandemic, or ignoring stuff like employment law and contracts by forcing players to stay at the same clubs (and clubs to keep players) against their will.
With that in mind, carrying on the tournament is obviously the right thing to do.

To be honest I’m a bit surprised it wasn’t just/hasn’t been canned. There potentially might not be another tie played until 2021, seems a bit of a farce.

12 minutes ago, Enigma said:

To be honest I’m a bit surprised it wasn’t just/hasn’t been canned. There potentially might not be another tie played until 2021, seems a bit of a farce.

I'm sure all four clubs who are still in it would much rather it got played eventually rather than scrapping it - it's not like leagues where the next season depends on the outcome of the previous one, so there's no need to scrap it.

9 hours ago, haufdaft said:

I agree as I said I cant see budge backing down now.  She badly needs to get hearts fans onside again after the levein debacle and relegation will feck up their plans for fan ownership big time. 

49 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I agree as I said I cant see budge backing down now.  She badly needs to get hearts fans onside again after the levein debacle and relegation will feck up their plans for fan ownership big time. 

Relying on Budge isn't a good look.

Gary Mackay is correct, Hearts risk becoming a laughing stock. You can't temporarily change the set up just for them. Yes they are arguably our 3rd biggest club, but they've been shit for 18months, the shitest team goes down. Would we have this debate if Hamilton had finished bottom? 

As for the Scottish Cup & Challenge cups why can't we carry them forward, surely their sponsors deverve it. Fair enough if we can't accommodate them once things become clearer, but theyd be a good season opener, may add more kudos to the competitions

According to our official site, no one has approached us (Clyde) regarding the latest reconstruction debacle. Mrs Budge saying no team should be disadvantaged during the process yet she fails to contact or speak to one of the very clubs who can potentially be disadvantaged. 

As suspected she is not interested in any team in lower league. I don’t doubt she is speaking to some or many clubs, but imagine she is speaking to those who may support her plans rather than the one who won’t. Or just as likely she doesn’t care and genuinely hasn’t even considered Clyde, Peterhead or Forfar., assuming she is still Hell bent on the 14 team leagues.

11 minutes ago, David W said:

She won't phone Clyde up as we'll end up asking when the Jordan Morton friendly is getting played.

😂 true enough, that might just save us. 
Good old Hearts always reliable!

Suspect that the best we’ll get next season is one structure for those full time teams that believe they can afford to play behind closed doors and a separate one for the part time teams starting sometime in 2021, or maybe even complete hibernation for the part time teams.

Suspect that the best we’ll get next season is one structure for those full time teams that believe they can afford to play behind closed doors and a separate one for the part time teams starting sometime in 2021, or maybe even complete hibernation for the part time teams.

Beginning to look like bank balances will be more important than league placing when it comes to next season.