The SPFL recommendation?

15 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Its Ann Budge. Her entire driving plan has been for a temporary 14 team top flight for one season, which saves Hearts, and then reverting to 12 which would then keep increased income for them too.

She doesnt care how the bottom 3 tiers cope, are set up, anything. Her sole focus is Hearts being a top flight side when she hands the club over this Summer.

St Johnstone definitely rejected it previously, and will reject it again. Their opinion is quite clear that a rushed, temporary, reconstruction is likely to cause more harm than benefit.

And yet, having allegedly rejected it, along with at least five other Premier League clubs, precisely one week ago, here is reconstruction right back on the table again. So something major has clearly changed over the past seven days. I'd be very interested to know what that is.

7 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Are you crazy? You'd gamble the future of the club just because its temporary . We need out of league one pronto. I'd much rather prefer a permanent deal but if they passed a temp one I'd hardly expect us to say no thanks we'd rather stay in league one.

As I noted just above, consider the results of a 1 year “fix”. The following year:

Premiership relegates three (or four)  and accepts one (or two) from the Championship.

Championship accepts three relegations in and promotes one. Now has 12 teams, relegates three (or four). Only teams between 2nd 6th are secure in knowing they will at least remain in the Championship (unless they win the promotion playoff).

League One accept three or four relegations and promote one or two. Now has 12 teams, relegates three (or four).

League Two accept three or four relegations and promote one or two. Now has 12 teams, relegates two to HL/LL and a third is in a relegation playoff.

Net changes: Premiership now has two less teams total and has at least one or two new teams...call it 9-17% turnover. Championship and League One below could see an almost 60% turnover...League Two, 50%.

8 minutes ago, TxRover said:

As I noted just above, consider the results of a 1 year “fix”. The following year:

Premiership relegates three (or four)  and accepts one (or two) from the Championship.

Championship accepts three relegations in and promotes one. Now has 12 teams, relegates three (or four). Only teams between 2nd 6th are secure in knowing they will at least remain in the Championship (unless they win the promotion playoff).

League One accept three or four relegations and promote one or two. Now has 12 teams, relegates three (or four).

League Two accept three or four relegations and promote one or two. Now has 12 teams, relegates two to HL/LL and a third is in a relegation playoff.

Net changes: Premiership now has two less teams total and has at least one or two new teams...call it 9-17% turnover. Championship and League One below could see an almost 60% turnover...League Two, 50%.

I'd still fancy our chances of staying up having played the likes of ayr and arbroath this season and obviously having more cash to spend than we have just now hopefully.

34 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Hence the reason i said for the second time

Quite a large bit of luck though. Don't get greedy. I was gonna go on about Blair Nimmo, and his hand in your good fortune,  but i will resist.

1 minute ago, AB1974 said:

Quite a large bit of luck though. Don't get greedy. I was gonna go on about Blair Nimmo, and his hand in your good fortune,  but i will resist.

What about your own good luck due to the demise of Clydebank. If it wasnt for Clydebank you wouldnt have a club.

3 hours ago, haufdaft said:

Suggestions online that reconstruction may be back on the table.

If reconstruction wasn't desirable last week as it "wasn't the time", why is it different this week?

Clubs need certainty to plan for the upcoming (non?)season.

Looks to me that the SPFL are frightened of possible legal action by Hearts and others. If the SPFL are so convinced of the rightness of their position they should meet it face on.

Unless of course, they don't want to be examined too closely and give evidence under oath.

To quote the woman herself:

"It is fundamentally wrong that any club should be unfairly penalised by exceptional decisions that have had to be taken to deal with the current crisis," said the Hearts owner, whose side are four points adrift with eight games still to play. "I would stand by that view, regardless of Hearts' own position.

"To pour more financial hardship on specific clubs, given what we are all going through both now and for the foreseeable future, is both outrageous and shameful."

So what is your thoughts on Clyde, Peterhead and Forfar? Let alone Kelty and Brora Ann?

Are you crazy? You'd gamble the future of the club just because its temporary . We need out of league one pronto. I'd much rather prefer a permanent deal but if they passed a temp one I'd hardly expect us to say no thanks we'd rather stay in league one.

So you’re quite happy with corruption as long as it benefits your club?

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Looks to be the big guns that are pushing this. Rangers, celtic ,Aberdeen and of course hearts. 

Dont kid yourself,its Budge thats pushing this not the erse cheeks or aberdeen

Other clubs get lambasted for their self interest attitude

If this had been a championship club eg Partick who were pushing or coming up with alternative plan for reconstruction they would be told to get to feck

Be surprised if either temp or permanent reconstruction gets voted through

Edited by Rovers_Lad

1 hour ago, AL-FFC said:

What about your own good luck due to the demise of Clydebank. If it wasnt for Clydebank you wouldnt have a club.

Our demise was Falkirks good fortune and Clydebanks demise was our good fortune.

Swing and roundabouts.

Although having a liquidator in your camp, could have tipped the balance. 🤓

Just now, Rio 2 said:

Our demise was Falkirks good fortune and Clydebanks demise was our good fortune.

Swing and roundabouts.

Although having a liquidator in your camp, could have tipped the balance. 🤓

Pretty sure the main cause of your demise was Sevco calling in an unpaid debt to the tune of 30k bit ironic really considering the shit they had themselves in that no one knew about at the time.

1 minute ago, AL-FFC said:

Pretty sure the main cause of your demise was Sevco calling in an unpaid debt to the tune of 30k bit ironic really considering the shit they had themselves in that no one knew about at the time.

We owed a David Murray company £30,000, not Rangers, which started the ball rolling, and the Falkirk supporting administrator stepped in.

59 minutes ago, Nowhereman said:

Your mob are certainly happy with corruption going by the way they voted on Tuesday.

1 minute ago, Rio 2 said:

We owed a David Murray company £30,000, not Rangers, which started the ball rolling, and the Falkirk supporting administrator stepped in.

David Murray - Rangers same thing and you cant really pin the blame on the administrator doing his job football allegiances aside, if you had paid the debt in the first place then you wouldnt have been liquidated.

1 minute ago, AL-FFC said:

David Murray - Rangers same thing and you cant really pin the blame on the administrator doing his job football allegiances aside, if you had paid the debt in the first place then you wouldnt have been liquidated.

Try taking that to court and see how you get on.

Moral high ground. Falkirk have never been in debt? 

Just like almost every club in Scotland!

18 minutes ago, Rio 2 said:

Try taking that to court and see how you get on.

Moral high ground. Falkirk have never been in debt? 

Just like almost every club in Scotland!

We paid our debt back when we went into administration think we have been the only club to do so.  and given where we are and the likes of Livingston and Moherwell, as well as Hearts taking advantage of the CVA it makes you wonder if it is worth your club living within your means

1 hour ago, Nowhereman said:

I doubt there is a club in the league which if given the chance to go up would say no it's ok we'll just stay in league we're in thanks.

So Falkirk is not any different from Hearts? See us all right and we'll shut up.

Reminds me of the Groucho Marx quote,

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others."

Wakey wakey pal you have just described Scottish football.

23 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

We paid our debt back when we went into administration think we have been the only club to do so.  and given where we are and the likes of Livingston and Moherwell, as well as Hearts taking advantage of the CVA it makes you wonder if it is worth your club living within your means

Their will be very few clubs who don't have an arrangement with their bank manager, in order to keep their heads above water, I wouldn't be gloating about paying off your debt (however big or small). Livi  3 times and you missed Dundee twice, however you get out of it, doesn't matter to the clubs fans.