The SPFL recommendation?

21 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Think the reason talks failed was because they dont want a temporary fix to a lone term problem (common sense really but that in Scottish football doesnt go hand in hand).

Dependant on what other leagues are doing is going is what will have the effect on the legal action i think a few leagues are going for the no relegation option whether it happens or not is anyones guess but if other leagues do go for that then it sets a precedence as in if they can do it why cant we.

Seen an article that last weeks vote on the the independent enquiry shouldnt be looked as a success given the amount of Chairmen that are on the SPFL board and voting no to an enquiry (turkey voting on christmas again).

The way their talking though this is a temporary fix.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

5 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

The way there talking though this is a temporary fix.

Thats apparently why Livingstone and St Johnstone rejected it apparently as we end up with a scenario where 3 teams could face relegation and we know how that panned out.

The term piss up and brewery spring to mind

2 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Thats apparently why Livingstone and St Johnstone rejected it apparently as we end up with a scenario where 3 teams could face relegation and we know how that panned out.

Dont think livingston rejected it. They were angry it had been rejected were they not?

9 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

Perhaps there's been some "robust conversations" going on

You mean dodgy bullying phonecalls between chairmen or (gonnae keep us up ya pr*ck)

Just now, Sergeant Wilson said:

You'll change your tune if Falkirk slither up.

I wont complain about it that's for sure if only the second time that i can recall something going in our favour our luck has to change sometime.

10 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

I wont complain about it that's for sure if only the second time that i can recall something going in our favour our luck has to change sometime.

Falkirk enjoyed 2 league titles and seasons in the Premiership as a result of finishing in a relegation spot yet staying up by default. You've done not bad out of that stroke of good luck tbh. 

Didn’t think was going to go away to be honest. Suspected Hearts in particular would make such a noise about it that it would be looked at again. Only team I genuinely felt for (it pains me to say !) was Partick given they were just out of safety with a game in hand. 
It’ll be a lot easier to screw Clyde, Peterhead, Forfar and Cove unfortunately and let Hearts stay up, even though they were utter dross all season. 

So Falkirk is not any different from Hearts? See us all right and we'll shut up.

Reminds me of the Groucho Marx quote,

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others."

1 hour ago, AL-FFC said:

You were saved from relegation when Airdrie went bust. 

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

The way their talking though this is a temporary fix.

1 hour ago, AL-FFC said:

Its Ann Budge. Her entire driving plan has been for a temporary 14 team top flight for one season, which saves Hearts, and then reverting to 12 which would then keep increased income for them too.

She doesnt care how the bottom 3 tiers cope, are set up, anything. Her sole focus is Hearts being a top flight side when she hands the club over this Summer.

St Johnstone definitely rejected it previously, and will reject it again. Their opinion is quite clear that a rushed, temporary, reconstruction is likely to cause more harm than benefit.

Edited by RandomGuy.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Its Ann Budge. Her entire driving plan has been for a temporary 14 team top flight for one season, which saves Hearts, and then reverting to 12 which would then keep increased income for them too.

She doesnt care how the bottom 3 tiers cope, are set up, anything. Her sole focus is Hearts being a top flight side when she hands the club over this Summer.

St Johnstone definitely rejected it previously, and will reject it again. Their opinion is quite clear that a rushed, temporary, reconstruction is likely to cause more harm than benefit.

Looks to be the big guns that are pushing this. Rangers, celtic ,Aberdeen and of course hearts. 

21 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

So Falkirk is not any different from Hearts? See us all right and we'll shut up.

Reminds me of the Groucho Marx quote,

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others."

Where did i say we were any different the clubs stance has always been for reconstruction.  IF there is any change to the current set up and we were to benefit i wont complain but with calling the league early fair on any of positions 2-5 in league 1 all had a chance of winning it.  Falkirk didnt vote to have the league called as it stands but the others did.

2 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I'd rather we stayed in L1 than vote through a 1 year deal TBH.

Are you crazy? You'd gamble the future of the club just because its temporary . We need out of league one pronto. I'd much rather prefer a permanent deal but if they passed a temp one I'd hardly expect us to say no thanks we'd rather stay in league one.

6 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Looks to be the big guns that are pushing this. Rangers, celtic ,Aberdeen and of course hearts. 

Begs the question of why. Either Ann has something on the others or the league’s solicitors have concluded there’s a fair chance that Hearts could prevail. Knowing a one year fix will result in three relegations next year, and another three (or four) from the Championship, Raith (and Falkirk, should they get pulled up) should be concerned about this plan. If that  is the plan, I’d honestly feel better about staying in League One another year. I’d prefer the odds of being top four in League One next year verses HAVING to be top six in the Championship. Of course, the bottom of Leagues One and Two (especially) gets pretty interesting too.