The SPFL recommendation?

I despise statements like this, what a load of insincere shite. Business speak for we won, GIRUY.

SPFL chairman Murdoch MacLennan has urged all clubs to respect today's democratic vote after Rangers failed to push through a second independent inquiry into the handling of the Good Friday vote.

The resolution required the back of at least 75 per cent of clubs to succeed, but less than one third of clubs voted in favour.

MacLennan said: “The last few weeks have been bruising ones for many people in our game. Far too many words have been spoken and written which have sown anger and division amongst clubs.

“That is a matter of the deepest regret to very many people in our game, myself included.

“I know those who proposed this resolution will be disappointed, but I trust that everyone involved, on both sides of this argument, will now respect the clear, democratic and decisive result we have seen today and allow our game to move forward together.

“The overwhelming majority of clubs voted to oppose this resolution and it’s now incumbent on all clubs to put their differences aside, otherwise we will all suffer together.

“I have taken careful note of the concerns expressed by the minority of clubs which voted in favour and when we are back to playing football in a safe environment, I will bring clubs together to discuss the lessons learned.

“Every single one of us understands that the Covid-19 pandemic has brought huge challenges for our game, which we must overcome soon if we are to save all 42 clubs and restart the sport we all love.

“That is a daunting prospect in its own right – one of the gravest our sport has faced and it’s no exaggeration to say that it threatens the very existence of many of the SPFL’s clubs if we get it wrong.

“If Scottish football is to survive this, we simply must unite and use the enormous talents, resources and creativity at our collective disposal to rescue our game.

“Time is short. In reality, we must do everything humanly possible to get games back up and running by the end of July.

“We simply cannot afford the distraction of further infighting or legal challenges.

“I’m sure we can all agree that the quicker we get back to playing football, the better.”

Just now, Bairn in Exile said:

I despise statements like this, what a load of insincere shite. Business speak for we won, GIRUY.

SPFL chairman Murdoch MacLennan has urged all clubs to respect today's democratic vote after Rangers failed to push through a second independent inquiry into the handling of the Good Friday vote.

The resolution required the back of at least 75 per cent of clubs to succeed, but less than one third of clubs voted in favour.

MacLennan said: “The last few weeks have been bruising ones for many people in our game. Far too many words have been spoken and written which have sown anger and division amongst clubs.

“That is a matter of the deepest regret to very many people in our game, myself included.

“I know those who proposed this resolution will be disappointed, but I trust that everyone involved, on both sides of this argument, will now respect the clear, democratic and decisive result we have seen today and allow our game to move forward together.

“The overwhelming majority of clubs voted to oppose this resolution and it’s now incumbent on all clubs to put their differences aside, otherwise we will all suffer together.

“I have taken careful note of the concerns expressed by the minority of clubs which voted in favour and when we are back to playing football in a safe environment, I will bring clubs together to discuss the lessons learned.

“Every single one of us understands that the Covid-19 pandemic has brought huge challenges for our game, which we must overcome soon if we are to save all 42 clubs and restart the sport we all love.

“That is a daunting prospect in its own right – one of the gravest our sport has faced and it’s no exaggeration to say that it threatens the very existence of many of the SPFL’s clubs if we get it wrong.

“If Scottish football is to survive this, we simply must unite and use the enormous talents, resources and creativity at our collective disposal to rescue our game.

“Time is short. In reality, we must do everything humanly possible to get games back up and running by the end of July.

“We simply cannot afford the distraction of further infighting or legal challenges.

“I’m sure we can all agree that the quicker we get back to playing football, the better.”

End of July. Is he having a laugh??

4 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

If Scottish football is to survive this, we simply must unite and use the enormous talents, resources and creativity at our collective disposal to rescue our game.

Sarcasm, surely.

The above sounds great, however there those who habitually inhabit the top division who will not care if lower league teams do not survive. I am sure many will see it as a way to take a bigger slice.

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I presume so. Wonder if they were trying to do a dundee and hoping it was tight so they held all the cards.

I would doubt it as nobody expected in their wildest dreams it was going to get anywhere near enough support. Probably just making a point that they didn’t want to get involved in the mess in any way. Still want to see who they were and who voted for and against right enough. 

What a bitter bunch of utter losers some folk are coming across as here with their tearful nonsense about folk under Lawwel's control.

When did you become the type to see things only through a very narrow prism of Celtic and Sevco? 

Have a fucking word.

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

End of July. Is he having a laugh??

I’m pretty sure I could keep 2 metres apart from folk at Stark’s Park. I’ll be there with my designer Rovers mask on to see the flag unfurled.

38 minutes ago, sydney said:

I would doubt it as nobody expected in their wildest dreams it was going to get anywhere near enough support. Probably just making a point that they didn’t want to get involved in the mess in any way. Still want to see who they were and who voted for and against right enough. 

An abstention is a no vote anyway so they were involved whether they liked it or not.

Another crazy comment from Spfl   again , football by end of July. Going to be a nightemare for clubs trying  dish out season tickets to allocate seats to say familes then  leave approximately  4 empty seats for social distancing rules,  mates who went together will no longer be able to sit with each other.  When do clubs sell  & what exactly will the supporter  get in return, say the 1st few games could be behind closed doors. Some clubs have now got certain schemes going for supporters to invest to keep them afloat, only so much  a normal supporter can dip into theiir pockets . spfl have caused this rift in scottish football  along with this terrible virus, so let us see what they will do to help out teams below the premier league when they go cap in hand & beg them to keep them solvet

I would like to know who voted against. Fucking arseholes!! I’m honestly done with the SPFL! 

Don’t disagree with that.
To sit on the fence though when the ‘worst’ that could happen is an independent investigation into the running of our game after everything that’s happened and the ongoing distrust amongst clubs is an utter joke.

An abstention is a no vote anyway so they were involved whether they liked it or not.

Effectively they declined to vote for or against, which is completely spineless.

(I get by doing so it essentially counts as a no in this instance)