The SPFL recommendation?

Wasnt that long ago that aberdeen were flirting around the bottom of the league to be honest but I can see your point re the bigot bros.

Plenty of teams have gone back to back relegations in the past pretty sure thistle won’t have expected to go down from the championship at the start of this year and likewise Falkirk the year before

3 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

But if Falkirk had gone up with Raith we'd never had heard from you.

I've advocated from the start that anyone in a playoff spot should have been either promoted or at the very least recompensed as they were being punished through no fault of their own. 

Edited by Shadwell Dog

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I've advocated from the start that anyone in a playoff spot should have been either promoted or at the very least recompensed as they were being punished through no fault of their own. 

Because Falkirk were the "victims". If the SPFL has come out and said top 2 go up at the outset, you'd never have been seen in here other than gloat.

1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Because Falkirk were the "victims". If the SPFL has come out and said top 2 go up at the outset, you'd never have been seen in here other than gloat.

I'm always seen on here mate you should know that by now and I dont gloat as it could always be my club in the shitter tomorrow. The spfl in my mind shouldve done far more to ensure no club was unfairly dealt with due to the current situation instead of railroading through one plan without any real in depth look at any other options.  As I said they didnt even bother talking to people like sky to see what they would do if various scenarios were to be played out.  There was 4 clubs in our league with a decent chance of going up whether by winning the league or the playoffs. Three clubs were punished and one wasnt it's as simple as that.

5 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I'm always seen on here mate you should know that by now and I dont gloat as it could always be my club in the shitter tomorrow. The spfl in my mind shouldve done far more to ensure no club was unfairly dealt with due to the current situation instead of railroading through one plan without any real in depth look at any other options.  As I said they didnt even bother talking to people like sky to see what they would do if various scenarios were to be played out.  There was 4 clubs in our league with a decent chance of going up whether by winning the league or the playoffs. Three clubs were punished and one wasnt it's as simple as that.

You're an altruistic pillar of the community.

10 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I presume we'll have the ridiculous situation of clubs with reps on the spfl board voting on whether they should be getting their own reps  investigated tomorrow.  And that includes sevco too. 

They are also pissed that Sevco released the figures of the TV deals interesting that it was sold short to the tune of 10 million (wonder who got that)

43 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I find it weird that people think the teams in the play off positions should be promoted (despite these not being automatic promotion places) because they could have caught the league leaders or had a 1 in 4 chance of going up at the end of the season. Completely ignoring the fact by that same logic any other team, East Fife in League One for example, could still have realistically caught those in play off places.

How would it be fair to promote Montrose because they are two points ahead of East Fife and not actually in an automatic promotion place. But it’s not fair to promote Raith Rovers who actually are in a promotion place because their lead is too small?

There is literally no solution which will be viewed as ‘fair’ by all clubs. The solution passed is absolutely not fair to the likes of Partick in particular but it is probably the least unfair option. Temporary reconstruction is the worst idea by far. I would have liked permanent reconstruction but bringing it in to appease ‘wronged’ teams is not the correct circumstances to do it. It should be done to improve the game and make it better, not to fix the wrongs of one season caused by a global pandemic.

Edited by R.R.FC

2 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

I find it weird that people think the teams in the play off positions should be promoted (despite these not being automatic promotion places) because they could have caught the league leaders or had a 1 in 4 chance of going up at the end of the season. Completely ignoring the fact by that same logic any other team, East Fife in League One for example, could still have realistically caught those in play off places.

How would it be fair to promote Montrose because they are two points ahead of East Fife and not actually in an automatic promotion place. But it’s not fair to promote Raith Rovers who actually are in a promotion place because their lead is too small?

There is literally no solution which will be viewed as ‘fair’ by all clubs. The solution passed is absolutely not fair to the likes of Partick in particular but it is probably the least unfair option. Temporary reconstruction is the worst idea by far. I would have liked permanent reconstruction but bringing it in to appease ‘wronged’ teams is not the correct circumstances to do it. It should be done to improve the game and make it better, not to fix the wrongs of one season caused by a global pandemic.

Bit of a hypocritical statement that one. you could just as easily have finished fourth in the league. its not like the other clubs are in the same boat as rangers with a 13 point gap to meet .

The fairest option would have been the unfairest decision which was to null and void the season by when i mean unfair i mean all clubs have went through the campaign only to have no reward at the end.

The ones that get shafted the most out of this is Kelty and Brora the fact they are trying to close the door on the pyramid structure to avoid the likes of Brechin, Stenny etc dropping into the lowand or highland leagues.

1 minute ago, AL-FFC said:

Bit of a hypocritical statement that one. you could just as easily have finished fourth in the league. its not like the other clubs are in the same boat as rangers with a 13 point gap to meet .

The fairest option would have been the unfairest decision which was to null and void the season by when i mean unfair i mean all clubs have went through the campaign only to have no reward at the end.

The ones that get shafted the most out of this is Kelty and Brora the fact they are trying to close the door on the pyramid structure to avoid the likes of Brechin, Stenny etc dropping into the lowand or highland leagues.

I think ultimately we’ve been benefited from the other 3 leagues having runaway league leaders. If the other leagues were as close as ours, or let’s be honest if just Celtic and Rangers were neck and neck, I’d imagine null and void may have been more widely considered. I think the SPFL are breathing a huge sigh of relief that isn’t the case. I would disagree with it, for obvious biased reasons, but I think it’s fairer to write off the remaining 8 games than to write off the 28 which went before it. Null and void would also mean equal splitting of prize money which I don’t think is fair.

I disagree with Kelty and Brora being the ones shafted the most. Only one of them would have been in a position to win promotion and they’d have to beat Brechin over 2 legs after playing each other so they weren’t in a different position to those in a play off position in the other leagues. Also, despite the talk of Kelty being hard done by, it’s important to remember they were only 6 points ahead of Bonnyrigg who had a game in hand and a home game against Kelty still to play. So Kelty weren’t actually in too dissimilar position to Raith Rovers in terms of being league winners.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

This is a stupid approach to take. For example, Celtic, Rangers and Aberdeen can quite obviously budget for more than a 12th place finish in the Premiership, because they are clearly not going to finish there. Likewise Dundee United in the Championship and Raith and Falkirk in League 1.

Really? Are Hearts not as 'big' as Aberdeen?

Its well seeing Dundee Utd have went back to towing the party line and voting against the reconstruction if there was never going to be a reconstruction why put it on the table  (in fact most of us knew why they had to offer something to go with the vote to end of season).

51 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Really? Are Hearts not as 'big' as Aberdeen?

Aberdeen have a much bigger budget and haven't finished outside the top 4 since 2013 - in fact last season was the first time they'd been outside the top 3 in that period. I'd say their odds of being relegated would have been something like 1000/1.

21 minutes ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

The same fans who were wanting Ross McArther sacked when he criticised the support for racist chanting and coin chucking not so long ago are now lapping this up.