The SPFL recommendation?

27 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

As a Falkirk fan I really can’t get too angry about us being stranded amongst the diddies for an other season (at least).
I actually think we would have stumbled our way to winning the league but the ultra cautious shite played by McKinnon and the ridiculous failure to take a single point from the utter dregs that are Clyde has bitten us on the backside big time.
Our own fault, no one else’s.

You had an opportunity to reflect solely on your own failure but couldn't avoid being ignorant and rude.

😇

Do you think there will be a point when they just cancel the Premier League completely?
20 in a row ? 30 in a row ?
Surely they can’t keep it going much beyond that !!!
In the 2065/66 season, both arse cheeks could be "going for 55"

5 hours ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Aberdeen, St Mirren, St Johnstone, Ross County, Hibernian and Dundee United (!) are the guilty clubs according to the BBC.

I can understand Hearts and Patrick’s ire, but do Stranraer really think they had a realistic prospect of avoiding relegation ? Possible yes, but unlikely. 

8 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

No. 

But they were open to something that couldnt prevented Partick, Falkirk, Stranraer and Edinburgh City being "punished".

League Two clubs blocked anything that didnt include an expanded top flight.

No.

The League Two sides said, publicly, they would reject any proposal that wasn't 14-14-14.

Top flight clubs didnt want that, but would be open to expanding tiers below if that's what clubs wanted.

League Two clubs wont back down from a 14 team top flight, for reasons completely beyond me, so talks have broken down.

I know how absolutely fucking desperate Falkirk fans are to hate every top flight club, but it's the division below you thats as much of a problem.

Falkirk werent punished though

Falkirk werent punished though

How do you class punished? For instance Airdrie probably went into the season thinking they would push for the title but would more likely achieve play offs. And obviously budgeted and spent money to get that outcome. The decision to ultimately remove the playoff and gift the title despite all games not having been played and the league being very tight could therefore feel like a ‘punishment’ maybe?

20 minutes ago, Airdrie76 said:

How do you class punished? For instance Airdrie probably went into the season thinking they would push for the title but would more likely achieve play offs. And obviously budgeted and spent money to get that outcome. The decision to ultimately remove the playoff and gift the title despite all games not having been played and the league being very tight could therefore feel like a ‘punishment’ maybe?

Exactly. Any club that lost out either by being relegated or losing a playoff spot were punished. And having comfortably beaten a very poor arbroath side in the cup I would've given any of the three teams in the playoffs a decent chance at going up via that route.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

1 hour ago, sydney said:

I can understand Hearts and Patrick’s ire, but do Stranraer really think they had a realistic prospect of avoiding relegation ? Possible yes, but unlikely. 

Why not. 9 games left, game in hand, 6 at home. Forfar stinkin the place out as well. Nothing certain in football. I've said before if you play any sport you don't chuck it when you still have a chance. As a stranraer fan of over 40 years I've seen it all.  Comebacks to win leagues. Comebacks to avoid relegation. Seems to me a lot of fans of other clubs have some sort of crystal ball allowing them to definitely know what's going to happen. If we were relegated over 36games then that would have been tough but deserved. However over 27 games is different and if other clubs had been in the same situation as stranraer there views would have been the same as ours.

Why not. 9 games left, game in hand, 6 at home. Forfar stinkin the place out as well. Nothing certain in football. I've said before if you play any sport you don't chuck it when you still have a chance. As a stranraer fan of over 40 years I've seen it all.  Comebacks to win leagues. Comebacks to avoid relegation. Seems to me a lot of fans of other clubs have some sort of crystal ball allowing them to definitely know what's going to happen. If we were relegated over 36games then that would have been tough but deserved. However over 27 games is different and if other clubs had been in the same situation as stranraer there views would have been the same as ours.

You might have mentioned the season we were ninth and looking certs for relegation and went top in the 81st minute on the last day of the season.

The point is no decision should be made until arithmetically certain.

1 hour ago, Airdrie76 said:

Of course and agree with you ,I was merely responding to RandomGuy intimating Falkirk etc being punished and I retorted they in particular werent punished.

Montrose and Airdrie could equally feel as punished as Falkirk

Edited by Rovers_Lad

42 minutes ago, Blue1870 said:

How are going to manage this, you have won 2 games all season, you have to win 3 games to overtake Forfar. Absolutely no chance. Time for a reality check and start being honest with yourself. 

Mathematically ourselves and Peterhead could still make the promotion playoffs. That was as likely as Stranraer getting out of trouble. Same with others at the foot of their leagues If you've struggle to pick up wins throughout the season that very rarely changes overnight after a sprinkling of wishful thinking and hoping for miracles.

This game in hand Thistle had more than likely meant nothing too given that they hadn't won a match since December.

I'm not really comfortable seeing clubs relegated from this. I would have liked to have thought a more simple solution could have been found to promote the sides from 1st and 2nd place in the leagues and save the relegated sides. 

The proposal put forward was fucking wild. Effectively promoting average mid table sides and effectively punishing teams who weren't sitting in relegation places. Kind of flied in the face of the whole "no team should be worse off" and was interesting to see a bit more silence from fans who would have seen their club benefit from that than we saw about a month ago. 

I don't know how much people really care about reconstruction. This was going to be done to save Hearts. And in my opinion there could have been an easier way to do it than propose such a weird league structure. 

All that being said, Stranraer were fucking terrible and were getting relegated if the season had finished. I understand the sporting integrity argument, but surely nobody can stand up and seriously argue that they were going to stay up. 

I'm not really comfortable seeing clubs relegated from this. I would have liked to have thought a more simple solution could have been found to promote the sides from 1st and 2nd place in the leagues and save the relegated sides. 
The proposal put forward was fucking wild. Effectively promoting average mid table sides and effectively punishing teams who weren't sitting in relegation places. Kind of flied in the face of the whole "no team should be worse off" and was interesting to see a bit more silence from fans who would have seen their club benefit from that than we saw about a month ago. 
I don't know how much people really care about reconstruction. This was going to be done to save Hearts. And in my opinion there could have been an easier way to do it than propose such a weird league structure. 
All that being said, Stranraer were fucking terrible and were getting relegated if the season had finished. I understand the sporting integrity argument, but surely nobody can stand up and seriously argue that they were going to stay up. 

They were absolutely guaranteed their third league win of the season on the weekend fixtures were first called off.

58 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

There was no proposal put forward though. See the partick statement. The reconstruction group hadn't reached that stage yet.

2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

There was no proposal put forward though. See the partick statement. The reconstruction group hadn't reached that stage yet.

It hadn’t officially been put forward but we already know that anything other than 14-14-14 would fail as league two declared that was the only thing they would vote for

11 minutes ago, ribzanelli said:

It hadn’t officially been put forward but we already know that anything other than 14-14-14 would fail as league two declared that was the only thing they would vote for

That's just conjecture. I doubt league 2 clubs were bothered about what would happen above them to be honest and who knows what else couldve been on the table. No proposal had been made to the top flight they just simply ruled out any plan for reconstruction at this time. You can take that from the the top flight statement and the statements from partick and hearts. The only facts we know are that no proposal had been made and the top flight clubs had said they were t interested in reconstruction at this time. Unless you're on the reconstruction group you've no idea what the final proposal would be at this time.

Edited by Shadwell Dog