The SPFL recommendation?

image.png.7ee5a889e7071fe774b651c27fbe35bd.png

Vr2VaOWCu6MiodCsq2BK5vSZp_0dsaYk-3CgeKebg_E.png?auto=webp%26s=70e11555f7133e29b25a1c4665f8c0c63d91c470&key=402ef9d1baf75a336ae97ab48aa932bf43418cf9f26322970358cfa349d0df0b

image.png.d5113e236ed20a735be94366837a837a.pngimage.jpeg.89049230af66bf2bda284e3a456768c7.jpege528ca00167aa0aac1ccfee14c908a84.jpg&key=5d28961345f950bb0bc6174042556f5aa16a642757cfcccf08d226412f3c5609Stranraer_Crest.png&key=5f5add1d5fcfce1d717d54e9dcb4bacca03b3bee717dc93d78d40c0f9dac602e220px-Inverness_Caledonian_Thistle.svg.png&key=e5d4177436c4b02dd1fa8a3f72bd8766304a43416575593d1f99818d882768ddBRFC-Logo.png&key=17c174a19d09007ed3cd4266381a3f77b453151ba470e471df297f47e8a949a4KeltyHearts.png&key=75d933760ab59c42a4e053e6df3c181f4044e3db42cc3480b843a218ba55c77dimage.png.c98deb5e38dfd03a38ca00acafd7b55d.png

And some people on here really thought that league reconstruction was possible? How naive can you get? That duplicitous toad Doncaster shitting all over us yet again.

As much as I have sympathy for some of those clubs I would rather teams in relegation positions went down and teams not in automatic spots didn’t go up if the only other option was relegating clubs NOT in relegation places to shoehorn in a 14-14-14.

10 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Ehm, how are Premiership sides ‘open’ to reconstruction when at least one Chairman is publicly stating that they would vote against even before anything is proposed?
Also Aberdeen have stated ‘it’s not the right time’.....hardly ‘open’.....

Because reconstruction and top flight expansion are two different things.

You could get all you want below the top flight without needing the 11-1 structure. You only need that if the top flight is being expanded.

The League Two sides made sure that the 11-1 structure was required by demanding an expanded top flight.

3 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

6 premier league clubs coming out and saying they wouldn’t back ANY form of reconstruction at this time doesn’t really suggest they were open to it.

As above.

They wouldnt have cared if you didnt touch the top flight.

Relegate Hearts, promote United, and then do as you wish with the rest of the divisions, and it likely wouldve gone through as it would only need 75% of them to back it.

The top flight clubs opposed expanding the top flight, and due to the League Two clubs, that was the only proposal put forward.

Edited by RandomGuy.

As above.
Relegate Hearts, promote United, and then do as you wish with the rest of the divisions, and it likely wouldve gone through as it would only need 75% of them to back it.
The top flight clubs opposed expanding the top flight, and due to the League Two clubs, that was the only proposal put forward.

In other words, the top league was not OPEN at all. So avoid involving them.
What. A. Fucking. Waste. Of. Time........

3 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

All the top flight clubs care about is saving their 4 home games vs the bigot brothers.

Take St Johnstone as an example, don’t know the figures but they give up their stadium to away fans when the bigots visit.

I think they do that as their us little appetite from their own fans to go when those scum bags are in town.

How much does that make them a season ? They will not want to give that up.

16 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Because reconstruction and top flight expansion are two different things.

You could get all you want below the top flight without needing the 11-1 structure. You only need that if the top flight is being expanded.

The League Two sides made sure that the 11-1 structure was required by demanding an expanded top flight.

As above.

I know I said 11-1 to change the top division earlier, but I think it's actually 9-3. But if new clubs are added to the existing 42 I thought the top tier has to be in favour. Can @craigkillie clarify, to save me looking it up, can the losers leagues invite new teams without the Premiership teams voting? I'd have said not.

7 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I know I said 11-1 to change the top division earlier, but I think it's actually 9-3. But if new clubs are added to the existing 42 I thought the top tier has to be in favour. Can @craigkillie clarify, to save me looking it up, can the losers leagues invite new teams without the Premiership teams voting? I'd have said not.

To invite new clubs it’s 11-1 as you say....

47 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Why are Premiership clubs getting the blame? They were open to reconstruction and expansion of divisions. 

Blame the League Two sides who, en masse, shot down any suggestion of every proposal that wasnt 14-14-14 and denied Kelty/Brora promotion. A quick Google will get you multiple articles where they state as fact that all 10 would group vote against any other proposal.

You could easily have had expanded bottom tiers with Partick and Stranraer avoiding relegation, and Raith/Falkirk/Cove/Edinburgh City getting promoted, if the League Two sides weren't so hell bent on getting themselves closer to the second tier while also refusing to relegate any of themselves.

The top flight though haven't said look we're open to reconstruction but we're not happy with 14 14 14 come back to us with a different proposal they simply said we're not interested in reconstruction at all at the moment so you've been wasting your time.

11 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Any expansion of the SPFL from 42 clubs requires an 11-1 vote from the Premiership plus various other combinations in the lower leagues.

If the number of clubs is kept at 42 and the financial distribution is unchanged then that would require a 9-3 from the Premiership. However, this is obviously unrealistic, since the Premiership clubs are not going to agree to an expansion without a change in finances, so in practice the 11-1 still applies.

I haven't seen anything to suggest that the Premiership clubs are completely opposed to any reconstruction, they have rejected any options which have a 14 club top flight, which were the only ones presented to them.

27 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

No. 

But they were open to something that couldnt prevented Partick, Falkirk, Stranraer and Edinburgh City being "punished".

League Two clubs blocked anything that didnt include an expanded top flight.

2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

The top flight though haven't said look we're open to reconstruction but we're not happy with 14 14 14 come back to us with a different proposal they simply said we're not interested in reconstruction at all at the moment so you've been wasting your time.

No.

The League Two sides said, publicly, they would reject any proposal that wasn't 14-14-14.

Top flight clubs didnt want that, but would be open to expanding tiers below if that's what clubs wanted.

League Two clubs wont back down from a 14 team top flight, for reasons completely beyond me, so talks have broken down.

I know how absolutely fucking desperate Falkirk fans are to hate every top flight club, but it's the division below you thats as much of a problem.

33 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Didn't help having Ann Budge running the show and demanding a one season only change to save her own skin. Dilute the Premiership payouts and kill off any enthusiasm for real change.

52 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Do you think there will be a point when they just cancel the Premier League completely?

20 in a row ? 30 in a row ?

Surely they can’t keep it going much beyond that !!!

I don't think so no. Would the same apply if Bayern Munich, PSG or Juventus get that in a row in their leagues?

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

No. 

But they were open to something that couldnt prevented Partick, Falkirk, Stranraer and Edinburgh City being "punished".

League Two clubs blocked anything that didnt include an expanded top flight.

No.

The League Two sides said, publicly, they would reject any proposal that wasn't 14-14-14.

Top flight clubs didnt want that, but would be open to expanding tiers below if that's what clubs wanted.

League Two clubs wont back down from a 14 team top flight, for reasons completely beyond me, so talks have broken down.

I know how absolutely fucking desperate Falkirk fans are to hate every top flight club, but it's the division below you thats as much of a problem.

There was nothing in their statement even suggesting that though and they knew fine well that the whole reconstruction talks were set up to include not punishing hearts. Surely it wouldve been far better to say weeks ago look if you want any reconstruction to go through it's got to avoid the top flight.  Where are you getting the info that the top flight were open to change below. If that's the case why not say that in their statement? Why not say look at the moment we've no interest in changing the top flight but if you want to go away and come back with a proposal that changes the other 3 leagues that's fine. Let's face it the league 2 clubs came up with their backed proposal as they thought the top flight had bought in to the idea of reconstruction or they would never have proposed 14 14 14.

I don't think so no. Would the same apply if Bayern Munich, PSG or Juventus get that in a row in their leagues?

Actually, money has meant that most leagues around are pretty predictable and with every year that passes that predictability increases.

At some point something will need to be done to avoid this as fans will eventually drift away. Might be many years yet unfortunately.....

6 minutes ago, C. Muir said:

Probably not Tbf. The other leagues, France aside, were quite close. Juve were only a point ahead and 7 points separating the top 5 in Germany.

You have also got to factor in the German and Italian teams are doing well in the European competitions and their national teams, Italy in particular are doing really well just now.

None of that applies to us mate.

18 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Didn't help having Ann Budge running the show and demanding a one season only change to save her own skin. Dilute the Premiership payouts and kill off any enthusiasm for real change.

Exactly all for reconstruction if it's for the long term good of Scottish football but a one season change to save Hearts should never have been on the table. 

9 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Probably not Tbf. The other leagues, France aside, were quite close. Juve were only a point ahead and 7 points separating the top 5 in Germany.

You have also got to factor in the German and Italian teams are doing well in the European competitions and their national teams, Italy in particular are doing really well just now.

None of that applies to us mate.

Aye this season. In other seasons gone by Bayern and Juve have won it comfortably in the end. With the Bundesliga resuming next week I'll have a wild guess that Bayern Munich will go on to win the league.

Fair enough on your next couple of points but at the end of the day I can't see Scottish football getting scrapped just because Celtic constantly win the league. Not really their fault Rangers ended up the way they did, or continually shit the bed when they got back up to the top flight.

Edited by C. Muir