The SPFL recommendation?

2 hours ago, shawfield shed boy said:

They (Falkirk) didnt even deserve a play off spot.. Dont know what their complaining about, Oah sorry i do they wanted to get promoted along with every team right down to Dumbarton , Yeah that was a fair way and relegate Clyde who finished 7th and save Hearts and Thistle who rightly will get relegated for having the most defeats n so on...

Thunderbird or Buckie? Probably both.

8 hours ago, Gus2 said:

Yeah the team in second by a point best GD by a mile doesn't deserve a play off spot by that logic Raith  should not get the title. Utter Tripe from someone who watches a team whose only ambition is to stay afloat at any cost including morals.

Oh the seethe. Personally I watch Clyde to pish my frilly knickers watching us piss over your lot. I don't remember anyone complaining when your team was saved from relegation in the past. 

12 hours ago, fifer67 said:

Dundee’s power trip didn’t last very long. Did they honestly believe the likes of Hamilton, St mirren and St Johnstone would give up 4 old firm games a season that’s what allows them to stay afloat. No way were they going to vote to slice up the pie. 

Utter garbage.

10 hours ago, sydney said:

Perhaps an outcome of all this should be a change to the league rules that states that in the event of a ‘force majeure’ situation the standings at the time of it occurring are deemed to be final. No arguments, plain and simple. Means we won’t go through this nonsense when the next pandemic strikes. 

Sensible and I think it will be implemented.

Anyway, are Falkirk fans still desperately trying to convince themselves that their club is a beacon of morality and wasn't voting in self interest like everyone else?

I could care less about the premiership in Scotland, its the dullest league In the country with the winner gaurenteed between two teams in my life time.

In the lower leagues which was my point. We all have something to play for, be it promotion or relegation. It's far from perfect but it is better than massive leagues where the majority of teams have nothing to play for by December.

Two teams? Given the financial disparity between the two, we'll be here in thirty years' time talking about 40 in a row!

The seethe emanating from that Falkirk statement though...

Now that any reconstruction looks unlikely due to that vote yesterday, let’s just move on and look forward to next season whenever that will be. There is absolutely no way that the Premier League is going to finish, despite how many dossiers The Rangers want to write.

We’ve had weeks and weeks of absolute mess and heads gone, now it’s time to get Hearts and Budge in the sea(side) league along with the rest of us diddies.

5 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

image.png.7ee5a889e7071fe774b651c27fbe35bd.png

Lion doing a poop, x-post from funny : photoshopbattles

image.png.d5113e236ed20a735be94366837a837a.pngimage.jpeg.89049230af66bf2bda284e3a456768c7.jpegPin on Piłka nożnaupload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/46/Str...Inverness Caledonian Thistle F.C. - WikipediaBrora Rangers Football ClubKelty Hearts F.C. - Wikipediaimage.png.c98deb5e38dfd03a38ca00acafd7b55d.png

And some people on here really thought that league reconstruction was possible? How naive can you get? That duplicitous toad Doncaster shitting all over us yet again.

You'd have been top and going up if it wasnt for....
Clyde F.C. - Wikipedia

Pin on Piłka nożna

Edited by C. Muir

Vr2VaOWCu6MiodCsq2BK5vSZp_0dsaYk-3CgeKebg_E.png?auto=webp%26s=70e11555f7133e29b25a1c4665f8c0c63d91c470&key=402ef9d1baf75a336ae97ab48aa932bf43418cf9f26322970358cfa349d0df0b

image.png.d5113e236ed20a735be94366837a837a.pngimage.jpeg.89049230af66bf2bda284e3a456768c7.jpege528ca00167aa0aac1ccfee14c908a84.jpg&key=5d28961345f950bb0bc6174042556f5aa16a642757cfcccf08d226412f3c5609Stranraer_Crest.png&key=5f5add1d5fcfce1d717d54e9dcb4bacca03b3bee717dc93d78d40c0f9dac602e220px-Inverness_Caledonian_Thistle.svg.png&key=e5d4177436c4b02dd1fa8a3f72bd8766304a43416575593d1f99818d882768ddBRFC-Logo.png&key=17c174a19d09007ed3cd4266381a3f77b453151ba470e471df297f47e8a949a4KeltyHearts.png&key=75d933760ab59c42a4e053e6df3c181f4044e3db42cc3480b843a218ba55c77dimage.png.c98deb5e38dfd03a38ca00acafd7b55d.png

And some people on here really thought that league reconstruction was possible? How naive can you get? That duplicitous toad Doncaster shitting all over us yet again.

Since when did 2nd mean automatic promotion? I get that you guys feel hard done bye, but if your mob actually ‘let our performances on the pitch do the talking’ then you wouldn’t have to scramble for relevance.

Montrose and Airdrie have every right to feel aggrieved as you guys, but Falkirk and Sevco are the only clubs to have massively spat the dummy.

16 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

image.png.d5113e236ed20a735be94366837a837a.pngimage.jpeg.89049230af66bf2bda284e3a456768c7.jpegPin on Piłka nożnaupload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/46/Str...Inverness Caledonian Thistle F.C. - WikipediaBrora Rangers Football ClubKelty Hearts F.C. - Wikipediaimage.png.c98deb5e38dfd03a38ca00acafd7b55d.png

Whereas it is true Falkirk didn't actua;lly win promotion it is also true that Hearts,Partick and Stranraer were NOT relegated either.I think it is fairer for those clubs not to be relegated which is extremely harmful and have a couple promoted.Clyde, Peterhead and forfar would have felt aggrieved by being in the bottom tier and that is totally understandable.But the other way to look at it is they're still only one jump away from the championship which for those clubs and mine is the be all and end all.We will never host Premier league football.Its not perfect i know but i would have much rather had 14-14-14 than maintaining the status quo.

Obviously this is all frivolous as clubs are fighting for their very existence.But do you think those relegated clubs will be better off in what is already a perilous situation?Just compounds the misery.

Edited by lorenzo71
missing word

16 minutes ago, lorenzo71 said:

Whereas it is true Falkirk didn't actua;lly win promotion it is also true that Hearts,Partick and Stranraer were NOT relegated either.I think it is fairer for those clubs not to be relegated which is extremely harmful and have a couple promoted.Clyde, Peterhead and forfar would have felt aggrieved by being in the bottom tier and that is totally understandable.But the other way to look at it is they're still only one jump away from the championship which for those clubs and mine is the be all and end all.We will never host Premier league football.Its not perfect i know but i would have much rather had 14-14-14 than maintaining the status quo.

Obviously this is all frivolous as clubs are fighting for their very existence.But do you think those relegated clubs will be better off in what is already a perilous situation?Just compounds the misery.

Hearts are already struggling financially with Premiership crowds and sponsorship deals, don't know how they'll cope in the Championship. Likewise for both Partick Thistle and Stranraer dropping a league. As for Falkirk, another season in League One will be a real struggle financially for us as we gave McKinnon a great budget to get us out of here at the first time of asking.

8 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Hearts are already struggling financially with Premiership crowds and sponsorship deals, don't know how they'll cope in the Championship. Likewise for both Partick Thistle and Stranraer dropping a league. As for Falkirk, another season in League One will be a real struggle financially for us as we gave McKinnon a great budget to get us out of here at the first time of asking.

All clubs will have their problems for differing reasons.The main point is Falkirk may well have won the league or not.We don't know because it wasnt finished.So you both deserve promotion and do not.But what IS sure is that those clubs do NOT deserve relegation.At least null and void the fucking lot.There will be still losers but it would be fairer if that were at all possible.

10 hours ago, shawfield shed boy said:

You wouldnt have went up through POs and your club are simply raging cause you never sneaked in back door...

Raith would have beat you and that would have been it...

Respect the expected

Are you really that simple?

10 hours ago, Rovers_Lad said:

A change to the 11-1 voting system for the premiership would be a better start

Why are Premiership clubs getting the blame? They were open to reconstruction and expansion of divisions. 

Blame the League Two sides who, en masse, shot down any suggestion of every proposal that wasnt 14-14-14 and denied Kelty/Brora promotion. A quick Google will get you multiple articles where they state as fact that all 10 would group vote against any other proposal.

You could easily have had expanded bottom tiers with Partick and Stranraer avoiding relegation, and Raith/Falkirk/Cove/Edinburgh City getting promoted, if the League Two sides weren't so hell bent on getting themselves closer to the second tier while also refusing to relegate any of themselves.

Edited by RandomGuy.

1 hour ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Two teams? Given the financial disparity between the two, we'll be here in thirty years' time talking about 40 in a row!

Do you think there will be a point when they just cancel the Premier League completely?

20 in a row ? 30 in a row ?

Surely they can’t keep it going much beyond that !!!

Why are Premiership clubs getting the blame? They were open to reconstruction and expansion of divisions. 
Blame the League Two sides who, en masse, shot down any suggestion of every proposal that wasnt 14-14-14 and denied Kelty/Brora promotion. A quick Google will get you multiple articles where they state as fact that all 10 would group vote against any other proposal.
You could easily have had expanded bottom tiers with Partick and Stranraer avoiding relegation, and Raith/Falkirk/Cove/Edinburgh City getting promoted, if the League Two sides weren't so hell bent on getting themselves closer to the second tier while also refusing to relegate any of themselves.

Ehm, how are Premiership sides ‘open’ to reconstruction when at least one Chairman is publicly stating that they would vote against even before anything is proposed?
Also Aberdeen have stated ‘it’s not the right time’.....hardly ‘open’.....

6 premier league clubs coming out and saying they wouldn’t back ANY form of reconstruction at this time doesn’t really suggest they were open to it.