The SPFL recommendation?

Surely before setting up a reconstruction group you would canvas top flight teams to ensure there is a backing for it. What the hell was the point of the whole thing otherwise.

Ehm, because it was promised if teams voted to end the season early in the lower divisions.
Big boys doing the usual shafting of the rest.....

If reconstruction is going to happen, there needs to be notice so we all know what we are playing for and what is going to happen at a certain time, not rushed through to save 1 club. 

Delighted it’s been rejected.

9 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Ehm, because it was promised if teams voted to end the season early in the lower divisions.
Big boys doing the usual shafting of the rest.....

Surely budge and the other two top flight reps must've had an idea of whether any proposal was going to get accepted or not by top flight clubs. It's not as if they've said no we dont want that particular proposal its we dont want any proposal.  What a complete fecking shambles.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Aberdeen chairman saying reconstruction shouldn't happen during this crisis.

My question is why was it being discussed at all if it wasn't in relation to the Coronavirus crisis?

I sense some teams might feel betrayed after toeing the SPFL party line.

1 minute ago, haufdaft said:

Aberdeen chairman saying reconstruction shouldn't happen during this crisis.

My question is why was it being discussed at all if it wasn't in relation to the Coronavirus crisis?

I sense some teams might feel betrayed after toeing the SPFL party line.

Aberdeen chairman indeed. A man who’s idea of success for his club is finishing 3rd and getting to the occasional final and losing.

Aberdeen chairman indeed. A man who’s idea of success for his club is finishing 3rd and getting to the occasional final and losing.

Still think that McKinnon and much of our squads failure to beat teams below us is the reason we are not being promoted.
No point complaining when we don’t fix obvious issues early enough....

4 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Still annoys me that we had the chance to put that horrible club down years ago and we didn't turn up. 

14 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

If reconstruction is going to happen, there needs to be notice so we all know what we are playing for and what is going to happen at a certain time, not rushed through to save 1 club. 

Delighted it’s been rejected.

Bit like promotion and relegation should be. Not happening suddenly in the middle of a season.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

3 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Still think that McKinnon and much of our squads failure to beat teams below us is the reason we are not being promoted.

A better january window would even have done the trick but we came out of it no better than when we went in. Just with fewer options in the squad.

7 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Yip totally agree. We need to build a squad good enough to win the league next year.

Going to be tough with Partick, East Fife and Airdrie there and Cove may invest heavily.

A, better managerial appointment in November would have probably helped also. 

I’ll disagree with you on that. Possibly lacked a bit of experience but for the first time in a couple of years it felt like stability was evolving. I still believe we would have overhauled you but we will never get to know for sure sadly.

I’d be happy to have them in charge this coming season having had a bit of time to gain more experience and understand where the issues are in the team.

The last thing the club needs is someone coming in and starting again from scratch....

Maybe the obvious number of players who will be out of contract this summer will benefit most clubs- players will have to take what's offered or be unemployed. Some clubs will possibly throw money somehow, best of luck ! Hopefully we'll lose no clubs from any league's despite the financial problems, and the reconstruction (when it happens) can be done properly !

15 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I’ll disagree with you on that. Possibly lacked a bit of experience but for the first time in a couple of years it felt like stability was evolving. I still believe we would have overhauled you but we will never get to know for sure sadly.

I’d be happy to have them in charge this coming season having had a bit of time to gain more experience and understand where the issues are in the team.

The last thing the club needs is someone coming in and starting again from scratch....

I would have probably agreed with you at the turn of the year, but I felt Falkirk played for a draw in the game just before the shutdown and I felt pretty confident we would go on and win it. Miller and Mcracken made 3 points up on us in the 4 months they were in, and I felt we had a stronger side then than we did when they were appointed. 

Like you say though, we will never know.  I just feel if Falkirk had hit the ground running towards the end of the year they would have gone on to win it, as that is when we were absolutely fucked with injuries. 

Edited by CALDERON

17 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Yip totally agree. We need to build a squad good enough to win the league next year.

Going to be tough with Partick, East Fife and Airdrie there and Cove may invest heavily.

For what it's worth, I think the way Mcglynn went about things with us this season isn't the worst idea. 

Combination of promising young players, seasoned pros from a higher level, and a few good League 1 players. No real superstars as such, but I felt the type of players we signed this season raised the work rate and worth ethic of the squad which is where "bigger" teams can often come undone at this level. 

4 minutes ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Maybe the obvious number of players who will be out of contract this summer will benefit most clubs- players will have to take what's offered or be unemployed. Some clubs will possibly throw money somehow, best of luck ! Hopefully we'll lose no clubs from any league's despite the financial problems, and the reconstruction (when it happens) can be done properly !

I still think we could lose clubs. 

Just now, CALDERON said:

For what it's worth, I think the way Mcglynn went about things with us this season isn't the worst idea. 

Combination of promising young players, seasoned pros from a higher level, and a few good League 1 players. No real superstars as such, but I felt the type of players we signed this season raised the work rate and worth ethic of the squad which is where "bigger" teams can often come undone at this level. 

1 minute ago, CALDERON said:

Tbf Raith a a ‘bigger’ club at this level. Your average attendance was nearly double the 3rd team and 6 times the bottom team.

Just now, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Tbf Raith a a ‘bigger’ club at this level. Your average attendance was nearly double the 3rd team and 6 times the bottom team.

Agreed. My point was that we approached this league under Smith like Falkirk have (in my opinion). Assembling a squad of decent enough players and hoping for the best. We pissed away far more points than Falkirk to far worse sides in our previous 2 seasons here.

We took a different approach this season, and it worked.