The SPFL recommendation?

On 06/05/2020 at 15:29, Shadwell Dog said:

Certainly haven't heard much from sturgeon as to whether money will be made available to get clubs through the period of time without crowds that they are enforcing so it looks like clubs will be left to fend for their selves

The furlough period runs to the end of the season and the SPFL has paid out final prize money to the lower 30 clubs so there's absolutely no valid reason for further government support at this time.

If we want our clubs to continue, we the fans will just have to fork out.

Simple as that.

Anybody that wants a refund for part of this season should be ashamed of themselves

Anybody who wants to put others at risk by easing the current restrictions should be ashamed of themselves.

7 hours ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

The state of football is fine for debate. The 'blame the tories for 2008 and  it was all the bankers fault' blah blah blah is beyond tedious, and usually put forward by people who almost certainly know nothing about the complexity of banking or politics for that matter.

Or perhaps know more about both than you do.

Dutch health minister announces there will be no football fans allowed inside stadiums until a vaccine is found for coved 19. If this advice is replicated in Scotland could be lots of teams going into oblivion. 

2 hours ago, fifer67 said:

Dutch health minister announces there will be no football fans allowed inside stadiums until a vaccine is found for coved 19. If this advice is replicated in Scotland could be lots of teams going into oblivion. 

England seem to be following Sturgeons lead on this i would say the same will be for a lot of the English clubs SPFA reckon that over 60 per cent of football players will be made redundant over this.  On a positive note i hope that LM and DM have a few contacts in amongst those that are freed for a restart when it eventually does happen.

I think Germany have went down the route of finishing the season and opening the stadiums to fans thats either and incredibly ballsy move and they are confident CoVid wont hit them again or they have seriously underestimated it and that move is going to bite them well and truly on the arse.

To be fair if they stay on furlough for that time it might be a better option than playing behind closed doors and having to pay a full wage.

I still have plenty of sympathy for Thistle and Hearts but that division looks terrifying, and exciting. The whipping boys replaced by a team with plenty of cash, and Raith replaced by a team who would probably be considered bigger and from a Clyde point of view carry an extra bit of interest.

Fingers crossed things fall nicely with getting games played; even if the season is extended to end of June.

Thistle, Falkirk and Airdrie away to look forward to, plus a new jaunt to Cove. Usual Angus, Forfar and Peterhead trips and a decent drinking day at Dumbarton.
Well into that. 

Certainly more interesting than this season.
However I’ve got my doubts you will get to go on those jaunts any time soon......