The SPFL recommendation?

4 minutes ago, honestman54 said:

If we change to 3 divisions then the lowest division will be at tier 3, nobody gets relegated.  Even though Cove would still be in the lowest tier, that tier is still at tier 3, where they would have been if they had been promoted under the old 4 division set up.  Simples.  I dont know what club would go down under your thiunking.

I understand your point now, but I think you're playing with words a bit.

Just now, honestman54 said:

I repeat come up with something positive.  Change has to be made and under this change NO club will be really disadvantaged.

I repeat come up with something positive.  Change has to be made and under this change NO club will be really disadvantaged.

Very boring small divisions

There is a huge disadvantage to Clyde, Peterhead, Forfar and Stranraer. There is a big difference in crowds playing the current league 1 teams compared with those in league 2. Prize money will be less too assuming no changes and those clubs would be one relegation away from the LL or HL rather than two.

14-10-10-10 is the fairest way if we need to restructure.

Just now, Jack Burton said:

There is a huge disadvantage to Clyde, Peterhead, Forfar and Stranraer. There is a big difference in crowds playing the current league 1 teams compared with those in league 2. Prize money will be less too assuming no changes and those clubs would be one relegation away from the LL or HL rather than two.

14-10-10-10 is the fairest way if we need to restructure.

Boring small divisions playing each other four times.  Dark ages footy imo

15 minutes ago, honestman54 said:

Boring small divisions playing each other four times.  Dark ages footy imo

Not as boring as playing the same teams for almost a decade, getting promoted and then having to play them all again.

Edited by haufdaft

21 minutes ago, nofixedability said:

14-14-16 sounds horrible. Would bottom tier play twice or three times?

Should be sticking with current set up as is. Cannot see the appeal to Premier League of two extra teams either.

Either twice but that's only 30 games or more likely twice and then a split to give 37.

21 minutes ago, nofixedability said:

14-14-16 sounds horrible. Would bottom tier play twice or three times?

Should be sticking with current set up as is. Cannot see the appeal to Premier League of two extra teams either.

Agreed about 14-14-16..that is just vile.14-14-14 isnt perfect but its probably the best of what there is.Even if i prefer 18-12-12.I know its no gonnae happen but still...playig 4 times a season is just tiresome.

36 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:
37 minutes ago, honestman54 said:
So what option do you suggest then?  Come up with something positive and stop snipping at others comments.

14-10-10-10, top 2 in each division promoted and no relegation.

I was originally for this, now i'm not convinced of the case to promote Kelty and Brora.

Just leave it as is.

Right how about next season 14-10-10-10 with Brora & Kelty getting into tier 3, then depending on when the season starts everyone plays everyone else in their league at least twice with a repeat set of fixtures in the extremely unlikely event of their being enough time to do so.

the following season 2021-2022 they reshuffle to a 14-14-16, everyone plays everyone else twice then it splits 7/7 or 8/6 and 8/8 in Tier 3. 2, promotion is up 2 down with a play off between 2,3,4 top in tiers 3 & 3 and 3rd bottom in Tiers 1 and 2 with the Hl/LL and tier 3 bottom club play off resuming at the end of it all. 

I was originally for this, now i'm not convinced of the case to promote Kelty and Brora.
Just leave it as is.

You shouldn’t need to be convinced of the case to promote them.

Does the premier league need convinced of the case to promote Dundee United? No, they won the tier below, you get promoted. That’s kind of how a pyramid system works.

Agreed about 14-14-16..that is just vile.14-14-14 isnt perfect but its probably the best of what there is.Even if i prefer 18-12-12.I know its no gonnae happen but still...playig 4 times a season is just tiresome.

In a 14-14-14 setup you will still be playing teams 4 times so would be as well leaving it as it is.

23 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

Does the premier league need convinced of the case to promote Dundee United? No, they won the tier below, you get promoted. That’s kind of how a pyramid system works.

All Kelty and Brora won was a play off spot.

Edited by Jupiter Jazz

44 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

In a 14-14-14 setup you will still be playing teams 4 times so would be as well leaving it as it is.

52 games a season seriously???

No way it would be 39 or 32.3 times a season tops.

They don’t win promotion by winning their league.

They earn a playoff spot.
If they win that playoff spot, they get another playoff spot.

Only if they win that do they get promotion.

Never understood the “playing each other too much is boring” view. Damn, I’m really gutted Morton aren’t in the same league, I’m really missing playing them....

Player turnover is pretty high anyway so what’s the big deal?? Fair enough a 4 team league is pushing it but 9 or 11 other teams in your league - it’s alright. Bearing in mind half the teams in this country, though  important for local communities, are diddy teams.

6 minutes ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

Never understood the “playing each other too much is boring” view. Damn, I’m really gutted Morton aren’t in the same league, I’m really missing playing them....

Understandable enough given the humiliating manner in which we relegated you to the seaside leagues in the first place.

giphy.gif