The SPFL recommendation?

7 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Would the clubs not have been instrumental in compiling the rules and regulations of the SPFL 

Rules look like they've been set up donkeys ago if you ask me. Not sure if they've been carried over from the old SPL or what but they seem very old fashioned and certainly not conducive to the latest technologies.

Your example looks a bit weak now following Ayr chairman stating that he asked to change their vote from a Yes to a No but told not allowed , how on earth can we have a governing body that have rules that say you can change a vote from no to yes but not the other way ......any club that doesn’t back an external enquiry should hang their heads in shame .....

It’s Company Law that prevents a yes vote being changed to a no vote

3 minutes ago, Nowhereman said:

Why is it not company law that you cant change a no vote to a yes? Just interested . Seems strange to have a rule for yes but not for no.

15 hours ago, Scottydog said:

I don’t believe think that BBC Scotland have enough of the necessary equipment for  streaming 2 or 3 virtually simultaneous outside broadcast events. Enough needed  to cover  all six ties in each round of the 8 remaining SPL rounds of fixtures? Fair enough you seem to know better, you must be ITK. Bear in mind most OB events are set up the day before the event as it is a lengthy procedure. 

I'm not ITK, I just don't believe Scottish games on BBC are broadcast at a poorer quality than any other game. 

9 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I'm not ITK, I just don't believe Scottish games on BBC are broadcast at a poorer quality than any other game. 

Aye whatever,

You took my suggestion that BBC struggle to give decent coverage (one camera) of highlights of the SPFL (Happy DA?) over my main point that BBC Scotland doesn't have enough equipment to stream live coverage of all the top league games if they were played behind closed doors. BBC highlights on MotD and even their Championship program usually have multiple camera angles, our highlights rarely do but that as I said was not my main point.

Why is it not company law that you cant change a no vote to a yes? Just interested . Seems strange to have a rule for yes but not for no.

Under company law, there is no such thing as a no vote. In fact it’s not a matter of voting yes or no. You have 28 days to vote on a resolution and you either vote FOR the resolution or you don’t vote.  

The problem here is that the SPFL board included an AGAINST option on the ballot paper to avoid having to wait the 28 days. So in effect, if a club voted against the resolution, technically they haven’t voted because legally, you can’t vote against a resolution. Whereas by voting for a resolution it is legally binding.

36 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

Aye whatever,

You took my suggestion that BBC struggle to give decent coverage (one camera) of highlights of the SPFL (Happy DA?) over my main point that BBC Scotland doesn't have enough equipment to stream live coverage of all the top league games if they were played behind closed doors. BBC highlights on MotD and even their Championship program usually have multiple camera angles, our highlights rarely do but that as I said was not my main point.

I don't think that's correct at all, there are numerous angles in Sportscene's highlights package of a majority of games. Your assertion that a national broadcaster like the BBC don't have the equipment to film 6 football matches in one day (might not even need to film 6 one day if the games are staggered over a weekend) seems wide of the mark too, but I concede I don't have an equipment list from the BBC to verify. 

1 hour ago, Nowhereman said:

Not sure that’s correct or it does not apply to the SPFL as they are not a company , whatever it is so wrong to have such a strange rule that strangely enough suited the SPFL , apparently there is not a yes no option , it’s agree or abstain! which could render  the vote void.

if as I’ve read it’s a for the motion or abstain then why did clubs vote yes and no ? The whole thing is amateurish and an embarrassment to anyone connected with Scottish football , we must have a detailed enquiry to sort out this mess , funny how so many seem happy just to let this debacle go unchallenged.

Doncaster’s latest comments are not that of someone happy for the truth to be made available via an enquiry ...

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

It’s a resolution proposed by a company board - they then have to persuade folks to back it by saying yes. Once you assent within the timescale you have voted.  No votes are not required - you just don’t vote yes but the board can still seek to persuade you to vote yes within 28 days - the Board is seeking your positive consent 

Edited by Cowden Cowboy

I don't think that's correct at all, there are numerous angles in Sportscene's highlights package of a majority of games. Your assertion that a national broadcaster like the BBC don't have the equipment to film 6 football matches in one day (might not even need to film 6 one day if the games are staggered over a weekend) seems wide of the mark too, but I concede I don't have an equipment list from the BBC to verify. 
Also, BBC don't show the Championship in England - highlights are on Quest and are far from top quality. I would guess that Sky do the vast majority of filming for the Premier League and BBC just use the footage.

1 hour ago, Scottydog said:

Aye whatever,

Every single Premiership game on Sportscene has at least two cameras covering it, often more.

8 minutes ago, kvz2000 said:

Not sure that’s correct or it does not apply to the SPFL as they are not a company , whatever it is so wrong to have such a strange rule that strangely enough suited the SPFL , apparently there is not a yes no option , it’s agree or abstain! which could render  the vote void.

if as I’ve read it’s a for the motion or abstain then why did clubs vote yes and no ? The whole thing is amateurish and an embarrassment to anyone connected with Scottish football , we must have a detailed enquiry to sort out this mess , funny how so many seem happy just to let this debacle go unchallenged.

Doncaster’s latest comments are not that of someone happy for the truth to be made available via an enquiry ...

They asked for no votes if clubs wished to do that to speed things up because if motion was clearly not going to be backed they didn’t have to wait 4 weeks - Nothing mysterious about it 

10 minutes ago, kvz2000 said:

The SPFL is a company 

I’d assume here that the deadline was set as clubs were desperate for cash. Also if they did not ask for a no vote they would need to wait the full 28 days before they could conclude matters.....

1 hour ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

It’s a resolution proposed by a company board - they then have to persuade folks to back it by saying yes. Once you assent within the timescale you have voted.  No votes are not required - you just don’t vote yes but the board can still seek to persuade you to vote yes within 28 days - the Board is seeking your positive consent 

That's exactly what I said earlier. Seems crazy to me . The fact that the spfl only gave the clubs a couple of days on this was why there was so much of an issue. If they had given them a week wouldve been far better and I doubt any clubs wouldve gone under.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

15 hours ago, Mon_The_Fife said:

Surely they are destined Toulouse that battle?

They may do but we all know the SPFL  have been LYON to us all.Even if Rangers have waited TOULON to come forward with evidence.

Whats more Doncaster shitein himsel' shows him up for the NANCY boy he really is.

#longliverichardwhitely

The SPFL is a company. Look it up on the Companies House website.

THE SCOTTISH PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE LIMITED
Company number SC175364

21 minutes ago, lorenzo71 said:

They may do but we all know the SPFL  have been LYON to us all.Even if Rangers have waited TOULON to come forward with evidence.

Whats more Doncaster shitein himsel' shows him up for the NANCY boy he really is.

#longliverichardwhitely

This may be your Waterloo.