The SPFL recommendation?

4 points there,
1, No you didn't so the point (unlike the league) is null & void. [emoji6]
2,[emoji2] Somebody has to be sensible here!
3,No but they (SFA?SPFL) are just prevaricating and awaiting UEFA giving the green light. everyone knows it.
4,Usually yes, but England has the ability to screen all closed doors games (probably even in HD) to everyone that wants it.  Scottish teams don't so TBH I just don't see this happening.
I'm sorry but there is capability of showing all top league games, live. There are cameras already at the games by the BBC for sportscene. Realistically all they need is the commentator.

You're nearly there with the ideal set up.
Club 42 goes down automatically and the Premiership playoff falls into line with the rest of the leagues.
That will never happen with the premiership. The only way would be if there is a massive increase in championship prize money.

Just now, foreverarover said:
25 minutes ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:
You're nearly there with the ideal set up.
Club 42 goes down automatically and the Premiership playoff falls into line with the rest of the leagues.

That will never happen with the premiership. The only way would be if there is a massive increase in championship prize money.

Incorrect, it would only happen if the 11-1 voting were to change.

2 hours ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

You do realise that three leagues have champions.

They don’t , three leagues have teams at the top but NOT champions just as the leagues have teams at the bottom but NOT relegated.

1 hour ago, haufdaft said:

I think if you looked at my previous posts I've always been an favour of null and void. Unfortunately that's not an option anymore. If it had been I doubt whether all the resultant shit would have happened at all.

You'll even find a post from myself, a Clyde supporter, on the Thistle thread saying that I thought relegating them was unfair.

So there's no hypocrisy from me.

Okay , I apologise.... 

2 minutes ago, kvz2000 said:

They don’t , three leagues have teams at the top but NOT champions just as the leagues have teams at the bottom but NOT relegated.

Away and f**k off and put the shovel down.

The announcement comes after the remaining Ladbrokes Championship club signified their agreement to the resolution today; resulting in Dundee United FC being declared champions of the Ladbrokes Championship, Raith Rovers FC being declared champions of Ladbrokes League 1, and Cove Rangers FC being declared champions of Ladbrokes League 2.

https://spfl.co.uk/news/spfl-resolution-approved-by-clubs-in-all-four-di

1 hour ago, bullyweehutch said:

I also think bottom of league 2 should automatically go down and the highland and Lowland league champions fight it out over 2 legs. A true pyramid

Great idea , but if your going to include playing games to decide , then other games should be played too , Raith v Falkirk for example , and games teams have in hand ...

But as things stand thistle and Stranraer ARE relegated. The only way this will not happen is through reconstruction. If nothing can be agreed you’re down.

1 minute ago, kvz2000 said:

You f*ck off ya clown ..... as previously stated what if it’s found that the vote has been compromised....

It wont matter, we're past that now, positions have been decided in respect of champions, the only thing remaining is, can Hearts and Partick, also your team if you like, garner enough support to save you from the drop via some pathetic arse saving machinery.

Great idea , but if your going to include playing games to decide , then other games should be played too , Raith v Falkirk for example , and games teams have in hand ...
I'm not just talking about for this season (which obviously needs sorted too) but for here on out every season. I think it should be 14-10-10-10 with Kelty and Brora comin up

The more this drags on, the more I quite like the idea of keeping things as they are. All of this restructuring mess just to benefit Hearts is ridiculous.

Call the end to the Premier League and relegate Hearts and replace with Dundee United. Thistle down from the Championship and Raith up. Stranraer down and replaced by Cove. If possible, why not have a play off system before the league starts with Kelty v Brora and the winner plays Brechin. All squads will be different but that’s just the way it goes.

Leagues of 14 look terrible and why should more clubs be punished just to appease a terrible Hearts team?

2 hours ago, kvz2000 said:

Why, does that mean Cove play Edinburgh, Utd play ICT and Celtic play Rangers. I don't think so, away and enjoy 2nd Division football. As I've said the only guaranteed thing is that top go up and bottom go down, playoffs dont guarantee anything other than further games.

3 hours ago, NUMBER 7 said:

If you have 10 team leagues, which I don’t like, only the 2nd and 3rd should be in the playoffs 

4th from 10 shouldn’t be getting in Play Offs

I would argue even 3rd in a 10 team league shouldn't be in play off. I've liked the introduction of the play offs and would like them to stay but IMO in a 10 team league it should just be 2nd top v 2nd bottom in league above.

8 hours ago, Clyde01 said:

But as things stand thistle and Stranraer ARE relegated. The only way this will not happen is through reconstruction. If nothing can be agreed you’re down.

Can reconstruction save Stranraer?

8 hours ago, kvz2000 said:

You f*ck off ya clown ..... as previously stated what if it’s found that the vote has been compromised....

There was no requirement under the rules to even have a vote. The board could have decided unilaterally but didn't want to, put their favoured option to the clubs and 81% voted in favour of it. The 19% who voted against were all acting out of self-interest, whether that was through being unhappy that they were being relegated due to being bottom of the league on merit - Hearts, Partick and Stranraer - or believing they were being deprived of a chance of a title or promotion under the ridiculous belief that playing the rest of the season is possible when it clearly isn't - Rangers, Inverness Caledonian Thistle, Falkirk and East Fife.

Any club which had no part in a promotion or relegation battle so no sporting self-interest to consider voted in favour. Even some who were sitting in promotion playoffs voted in favour, putting their self-interest in seeing playoffs happen aside in favour of realism that the season couldn't be completed and deciding this was a fair way to conclude it.

Let's just say for argument's sake that after reconstruction fails they do decide to have another vote and make it a straight choice between having no promotion or relegation or awarding promotion and relegation as it stands, whichever gets more votes goes ahead. Do you really believe clubs would choose no titles and no promotion/relegation - an option you favour entirely because of the self-interest of your club - just because Hearts, Partick and Stranraer are unhappy? Why would they find it impossible to choose one option that would upset those three clubs due to perceived unfairness, only to choose an option that upsets another three clubs due to perceived unfairness?

There was no requirement under the rules to even have a vote. The board could have decided unilaterally but didn't want to, put their favoured option to the clubs and 81% voted in favour of it. The 19% who voted against were all acting out of self-interest, whether that was through being unhappy that they were being relegated due to being bottom of the league on merit - Hearts, Partick and Stranraer - or believing they were being deprived of a chance of a title or promotion under the ridiculous belief that playing the rest of the season is possible when it clearly isn't - Rangers, Inverness Caledonian Thistle, Falkirk and East Fife.
Any club which had no part in a promotion or relegation battle so no sporting self-interest to consider voted in favour. Even some who were sitting in promotion playoffs voted in favour, putting their self-interest in seeing playoffs happen aside in favour of realism that the season couldn't be completed and deciding this was a fair way to conclude it.
Let's just say for argument's sake that after reconstruction fails they do decide to have another vote and make it a straight choice between having no promotion or relegation or awarding promotion and relegation as it stands, whichever gets more votes goes ahead. Do you really believe clubs would choose no titles and no promotion/relegation - an option you favour entirely because of the self-interest of your club - just because Hearts, Partick and Stranraer are unhappy? Why would they find it impossible to choose one option that would upset those three clubs due to perceived unfairness, only to choose an option that upsets another three clubs due to perceived unfairness?

See if you replaced that word ‘realism’, into ‘desperation for cash’? Some of this would make sense.
Otherwise it’s a load of shite.
Many voted DESPITE unfairness, not because they thought it was fair.
Also, trying to suggest that the SPFL were doing the clubs a favour by not making a unilateral decision. Aye, that could have happened without heads rolling......[emoji16]

10 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

See if you replaced that word ‘realism’, into ‘desperation for cash’? Some of this would make sense.
Otherwise it’s a load of shite.
Many voted DESPITE unfairness, not because they thought it was fair.
Also, trying to suggest that the SPFL were doing the clubs a favour by not making a unilateral decision. Aye, that could have happened without heads rolling......emoji16.png

What proposal is there that won't have unfairness?

I agree that realistically they always had to go to a vote and the board making a unilateral decision would have been an awful look causing more of a PR disaster than the shambles we ended up with over Dundee's vote. However kvz2000 is clinging to the idea that the vote was compromised, this somehow means Stanraer's relegation is invalid and we're going to end up with no promotion and relegation. All because Stranraer fans are concerned about fairness of course, and they wouldn't see anything unfair about no promotion or relegation if they were in Cove's position.

Considering that there was no requirement under the rules to even hold a vote in the first place, it doesn't follow that there's some sort of smoking gun here which makes the overturning of the decision to call the leagues as they stand inevitable. It's highly unlikely that there's a way out of relegation for anyone other than reconstruction.