The SPFL recommendation?

7 hours ago, haufdaft said:

I'm getting the impression that teams untouched by this proposal don't care.

Although if there was any suggestion any change would effect their team negatively they would be outraged at it's unfairness.

Watch as Hearts, Thistle, Stranraer all vote for this proposal.

How can they claim putting Clyde etc into the bottom league is fairer than their poor teams being relegated on merit?

I love it , all of a sudden Clyde fans are paying attention , you were one of the untouched teams not caring about relegating teams before playing all games but now it’s a totally different scenario....... I’m fed up saying that all league 1 teams need to stick together and help each other’s case , we are stronger together and vote together until we get a decent resolution for us all 

2 minutes ago, monthefife said:

14 10 10 10, is NOT "league reconstruction". Just pointing it out.

Well it is.

We currently have 12-10-10-10. Going to 44 teams with a 14 team top flight is reconstruction, even if its not the option I'd want to see.

That's true you didn't, what you actually said was " we could go 14-10-10-10 temporarily next season which doesn’t disadvantage anyone and actually put some thought into the best option longer term, without having it led by self interest."  but you still didn't offer up that alternative preferring the "put some thought......" comment as if any future plan will miraculously be everything to everyman, but guess what? it won't, it can't be.
I understand your angst and Ire but these are as they like to keep saying "unprecedented times" and the problems the game are facing need sorting now not in  12,15 or 18 months time, I don't see the point in making a change now then making another in 12 months, should we change it every season just because some club or another is losing out?
As I said I'm all for 12,10,10,10, even 14,10,10,10 as financially I think that's benefit my club even more than 14,14,14 but it has to be about RRFC or Clyde it's about what will be least invasive to the many.

If 14-14-14 is the model that most clubs want then I’m sure Clyde wouldn’t have a major issue providing it is not imposed on current standings.

We should go 14-10-10-10 next season (I still maintain it is the least offensive way forward) as a transition to a permanent 14-14-14.

This could be achieved by no relegation in the championship in season 2020/21, promote the top 3 of league 1, teams 4-6 in league 1 playoff with league 2 winner for last spot in new tier 2, teams 7-10 in league 1 join league 2 clubs and playoff losers to form new tier 3.

The very bottom is where it gets tricky either we relegate 3 and promote 1 (that will set the arses twitching) or go 14-14-16 to maintain 44 clubs and only have 1 relegation spot at the bottom.

None of this really answers the question of why 14-14-14 is such a desirable model though, I’m still waiting on a good answer to that. We either play 3 times or split and play 4. One is shite, the other is little different to present.

1 minute ago, roman_bairn said:

Do tell me when they announced that the Premiership season ended then?

You claimed they were still looking at ways to finish the league, this is different to that question.

The top flight is finished. All that's holding it up is official, written, confirmation from UEFA that the government banning mass gatherings presents an economic risk to clubs if games are played behind closed doors, and Hearts to get over themselves and stop dragging everything out by demanding reconstruction talks are finalised before any decision is made.

Theres a reason every "task force" is focusing on reconstruction and nothing else.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

You claimed they were still looking at ways to finish the league, this is different to that question.

The top flight is finished. All that's holding it up is official, written, confirmation from UEFA that the government banning mass gatherings presents an economic risk to clubs if games are played behind closed doors, and Hearts to get over themselves and stop dragging everything out by demanding reconstruction talks are finalised before any decision is made.

Theres a reason every "task force" is focusing on reconstruction and nothing else.

Likes of aberdeen still seem desperate to play it out for some reason.

Well it is.
We currently have 12-10-10-10. Going to 44 teams with a 14 team top flight is reconstruction, even if its not the option I'd want to see.
If basically just adding 2 teams to the Premiership and keeping the bottom tier leagues exactly the same, is what counts as "league reconstruction" then I see no point in changing anything at all.

5 minutes ago, AFC1878 said:

Deloitte were instructed by the SPFL on what was to be investigated. It was a very narrow remit.

Even so

Deloitte carried out a forensic investigation of the key happenings regarding the Dundee vote,emails,timings etc with the Dundee vote or not vote being many supporters and the Rangers gripe,key point to an independant investigation.They found no evidence

If an independant investigation finds otherwise it doesnt look good on Deloitte

Rangers want rid of Doncaster and dont want Celtic to be given the title if the league gets called.Thats what a lot of this boils down

8 minutes ago, kvz2000 said:

I love it , all of a sudden Clyde fans are paying attention , you were one of the untouched teams not caring about relegating teams before playing all games but now it’s a totally different scenario....... I’m fed up saying that all league 1 teams need to stick together and help each other’s case , we are stronger together and vote together until we get a decent resolution for us all 

How does any league one club benefit from the added cost of two trips to Stranraer with 30 odd  coming on the return trip? You might not like to hear this but your club is exceptionally far out the way and offers very little benefit to the league. They're special to your fans and have an excellent history but this isn't unique among clubs at this level. Very few fans other than those loving a bevvy will look at a trip to Stranraer in the middle of winter and think "Can't wait for this one".

3 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Likes of aberdeen still seem desperate to play it out for some reason.

Because they're overspending like f**k and absolutely hemorrhaging money without matchday income.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Because they're overspending like f**k and absolutely hemorrhaging money without matchday income.

Notice their new ground has been put on hold after their desperation for planning permission. The local  residents will be overjoyed about that .

7 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Even so

Deloitte carried out a forensic investigation of the key happenings regarding the Dundee vote,emails,timings etc with the Dundee vote or not vote being many supporters and the Rangers gripe,key point to an independant investigation.They found no evidence

Rangers want rid of Doncaster and dont want Celtic to be given the title if the league gets called.Thats what a lot of this boils down

We all want rid of doncaster no just sevco. The guy fails miserably to do his job. Wheres next years title sponsor for instance. Guys useless.

11 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

How does any league one club benefit from the added cost of two trips to Stranraer with 30 odd  coming on the return trip? You might not like to hear this but your club is exceptionally far out the way and offers very little benefit to the league. They're special to your fans and have an excellent history but this isn't unique among clubs at this level. Very few fans other than those loving a bevvy will look at a trip to Stranraer in the middle of winter and think "Can't wait for this one".

Now you've done it! 

5-4-3-2-1and..........

17 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Surely football means more than wishing a club relegated just because we are not close to the central belt , Stranraer are the 3 rd oldest club in Scotland and we work with the lowest budget in the league , we have to contend with the huge difficulties in being a rural club and with not a huge support yet we have been a very successful club thanks to the amazing work of our Chairman , committee , players and fans , we have survived in league 1 for many years , with some great spells .... and achievements, surviving in league 1 is a huge achievement in its own ..... we are also a very friendly club that always make our rivals most welcome , we have strong links to with  community and do some wonderful work with schools and disadvantaged kids .  Such a pity you have the views you have from your lofty position and I’m just glad I don’t share them ......

Even so

I’m sure Deloitte are sleeping easy. It’ll have been agreed what the remit of their (I imagine very limited) scope will be and they’ll be comfortable standing behind that. If anything, their findings created more questions but the SPFL Board showed they have no appetite for digging into this (for whatever reason).

1 hour ago, Clyde01 said:

We should go 14-10-10-10 next season (I still maintain it is the least offensive way forward) as a transition to a permanent 14-14-14.
This could be achieved by no relegation in the championship in season 2020/21, promote the top 3 of league 1, teams 4-6 in league 1 playoff with league 2 winner for last spot in new tier 2, teams 7-10 in league 1 join league 2 clubs and playoff losers to form new tier 3.

None of this really answers the question of why 14-14-14 is such a desirable model though, I’m still waiting on a good answer to that. We either play 3 times or split and play 4. One is shite, the other is little different to present.

What happens at the end of next season if Clyde aren't above Falkirk and Airdrie/Montrose/East Fife/ Dumbarton?   Another vote for something else?

Why 14?  

Will the Tv companies pay the same for only 2 OF games?  No they won't so you need to look at something that will still keep Sky and co sweet otherwise the money Clyde receive in prize money next season will be closer to £10K than the £80,000+ they got this season, my guess is Clyde would get about £20,000 if they were very lucky. That being the case the likelihood of  any league that only has 1 home and 1 away fixture between teams is not going to happen. 

A 20 or 22 team league split on current standings would see the Ugly sisters swapping 2 extra games with each other, Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs etc with one visit from / trip to Partick, Alloa, Greenock, Dumfries, Dunfermline and Arbroath.  I'm guessing they wouldn't be too happy with that and nor would the TV bosses.  The drop off in revenue for any team falling out of this top league would be about £720,000, cant see many Raith, Falkirk, Alloa, Partick or QotS board members fancying that.

So if 20 teams is out of the question it has to be less, but still have about 18 home games a season, so 18 team leagues?  Nope the SPL chairmen would still not be happy. And not just  SPL chairmen, as listed above any team relegated from the top flight with visits of thousands of visiting would be facing ruin from the visit of mere hundreds and in some cases ten......all in all a bit like you are worried about if you drop back into L2...only on a grander scale

16 team league is only 15 home games and again the SPL won't go for only two fixtures (there's a theme here if you're paying attention). Adding a 8/8 split after 30 games and playing 14 games is 44 games, too many for some folks.

14 As above but only acceptable to OF etc with a split, means playing about 6 games more than we currently do but starting to tick boxes to various fractions.

12 teams, only an option if due to cover some teams fold as 4 leagues would require 48 teams, 36 would allow for 3x12. 44 games with everyone meeting 4 times, Split 6/6 after 22 and play another 5H & 5A would make 32 games. Workable? Perhaps buore to the point would you want it?

I hate the unfairness of 3 fixtures where often as not you end up twice away to your derby neighbours.

I'm brutally aware all I've done here is show the reasons why various options would/will be rejected and I've already stated elsewhere why I think 3 x 14 with an 8/6 split after 26 games is as close to an acceptable reconstruction outcome as we can get. 

The status quo is looking more like what we will get but I hate the monotony of 2 visits to every club and would gladly swap that for only 2 visits to just some of them. 

Edited by Scottydog

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Shouldnt really be on SPFL notepaper then if that's the case. Anyway its cringeworthy whoever it's from.  Perhaps if they had come out and said something like this when cockwomble was trying to brush everything under the carpet it may have been different but we never heard a cheep from them then. Suddenly there's egm's called and investigations wanted and they've shat the nest.

It isn’t on SPFL notepaper