The SPFL recommendation?

18 minutes ago, AFC1878 said:

I agree with their main point.

But what League 1 sides are being sent down? They’ll still be in League 1!!

I guess you'd be fine with it if Airdrie were in that position then

58 minutes ago, Paco said:

If this had been last season with Dundee totally doomed at the bottom of the Premiership, I’m pretty sure there would be no such discussions and that’s the biggest sticking point for me.

I actually quite like the 14-14-14 model as long as it’s permanent and it isn’t 3 fixtures against everyone, a split would be needed. But let’s not pretend it isn’t all just being done to save Hearts, you could save Partick easily with a 12-12 model in the top two leagues and Stranraer although slightly hard done to were going down anyway. It’s all about Hearts.

What a terrible way to view things , Stranraer going down anyway is nonsense, so many things were happening with our team that avoiding bottom spot was a real possibility( players coming back from injury , game in hand , majority of remaining games at home , Games against the teams around us ) Your view and the rest of the Raith supporters is a prime example of how things will never get sorted fairly , you would have the complete opposite view if you were in our position , it’s such a shame that so many football fans act and think  like morons and their hatred for some clubs just shows football in a poor light ...

9 minutes ago, FREDDYFRY said:

If it passes to a 14 team set up we will only be playing 3 of these teams next year despite being several points off a relegation place. 

When the league was stopped we were closer to promotion playoffs that automatic relegation.   

Listened to the Stenny chairman on Clyde 1 last night (no sure if its been posted already in regards to his comments) I can sort of see where he is coming from but at the same time he is coming across as a bit of a bawbag for his reason why and with the Kelty and Brora its a case of tough shit your not part of the SPFL set up so your no involved in this, his question though if Hearts and Partick were not bottom of their respective leagues would we be having this discussion.  Though Hugh Keevans comes across as much of a bawbag and saying there is no appetite for change there is no reason why it should change and that the top tier is fine as it is and more a case of too many clubs we are holding the top tier and the national side back and if a few clubs go to the wall then so be it.

1 minute ago, sirscottyoung said:
7 minutes ago, C. Muir said:
lol. Annan, Elgin, Stenny, Cowden etc's 2 men and a dug away supports. Your club would probably die. Again.

Or they would absolutely stroll that league and end up in the championship after easily beating the shite down there

We already did that. Why should we have to do it again?

1 minute ago, sirscottyoung said:
8 minutes ago, C. Muir said:
lol. Annan, Elgin, Stenny, Cowden etc's 2 men and a dug away supports. Your club would probably die. Again.

Or they would absolutely stroll that league and end up in the championship after easily beating the shite down there

Possibly. I just don't understand why, if Airdrie were in the position, their fans would be happy with the prospect of being put into the bottom tier when they're not currently. Especially when this proposal doesn't relegate teams who are actually bottom of their leagues. 

What a terrible way to view things , Stranraer going down anyway is nonsense, so many things were happening with our team that avoiding bottom spot was a real possibility( players coming back from injury , game in hand , majority of remaining games at home , Games against the teams around us ) Your view and the rest of the Raith supporters is a prime example of how things will never get sorted fairly , you would have the complete opposite view if you were in our position , it’s such a shame that so many football fans act and think  like morons and their hatred for some clubs just shows football in a poor light ...

Stranraer hadn’t won a league game in five months and were going down. Always best to prove these things on the pitch, and I even said it’s slightly harsh, but I presume you’re of the view that Stranraer shouldn’t be relegated? The nine remaining fixtures, of which Stranraer would’ve likely needed to win at least four or five to even get a play-off having won two all season, are more important than the preceding 27?

Your perma-seethe is not warranted. Your team were going down but plenty clubs, my own included, are doing their best to save you one way or another. No idea where the bitterness comes from.

OK, the wording in the statement could be better. The main point I was making is that they would still be in League 1 and one promotion from the Championship.

Just now, AFC1878 said:

OK, the wording in the statement could be better. The main point I was making is that they would still be in League 1 and one promotion from the Championship.

Like I said above the other way of looking at it is it puts teams in the bottom tier that aren't currently in the bottom tier.

Genuine question for Clyde fans here. If we'd proposed going 14-14-14 for 2020/21 at the start of the 2019/20 season, would you have supported that?

So if you knew you'd get into the Championship with a top 6 finish?

Genuine question for Clyde fans here. If we'd proposed going 14-14-14 for 2020/21 at the start of the 2019/20 season, would you have supported that?
So if you knew you'd get into the Championship with a top 6 finish?

That’s a totally different scenario though as every club has plenty of notice of what’s at stake and what they are playing for. You can’t just end a season and change the goal posts relegating mid-table sides.

As has been stated many, many times why is 14-14-14 so attractive a model? We still play teams too many times, either 3 which is mega-shite or 4 (as now) in a split.

1 minute ago, Clyde01 said:

That’s a totally different scenario though as every club has plenty of notice of what’s at stake and what they are playing for. You can’t just end a season and change the goal posts relegating mid-table sides.

As has been stated many, many times why is 14-14-14 so attractive a model? We still play teams too many times, either 3 which is mega-shite or 4 (as now) in a split.

Well, yeah. It's a hypothetical question. We all know that that potential shifting of goal posts disadvantages Clyde.