The SPFL recommendation?

46 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

14-10-10-10 punishes everyone in League 1 financially. 14-14-14 seems to be punishing 7-10th in L1 and Cove. I'm not sure there's a way for everyone to be winners here (that's not me justifying change because of that, as I agree that broadly this is only being discussed to protect Hertz).

In what way does it punish the League 1 clubs financially? Two clubs are promoted out of the league who may have been promoted out of the league anyway.

SPFL Reconstruction Group
Premiership: Les Gray (Hamilton Academical), Ann Budge (Hearts)
Championship: Lachlan Cameron (Ayr Utd), John Nelms (Dundee), Dave MacKinnon (Morton), Jacqui Low (Partick Thistle)
League One: Paul Hetherington (Airdrie), Gary Deans (Falkirk), Bill Clark (Raith Rovers)
League Two: John Sheran (Cove Rangers), Jim Brown (Edinburgh City), Gerry Crawley (Queen's Park)
Highland League: Rod Houston Lowland League: George Fraser

You couldn't make this up. The Div 1 reps are 100% from those who will go up to the Championship if 14-14-14 is agreed. No Forfar, Clyde, Peterhead,

Edited by SouthLanarkshireWhite

I’m all for having a proper trapdoor at the bottom of League 2. Once you drop out, it’s very difficult to get back into the league again (see Shire & Berwick). Clubs like Brechin and Albion Rovers should be careful and should be in favour of automatic promotion from the LL/HL as when the day comes that they are relegated at least the path back into the league set up would be a lot easier.

As far as the 14-14-14 goes and a 39 game season, that sounds rotten. If they are going down this route at least split after 26 games.

Not reading last 101 posts but we thinking Rangers are bluffing or not re evidence..

On another note Michael Stewart conversation with Elgin Chair on radio yesterday was a fist clinching moment from the sportsound presenter..

How he can go on about unfair this, unfair that in relation to his beloved Hearts getting unfairly relegated without season ending, How about relegating a team that finished 7th in their league and twice have become the victim of league reconstruction in the last 20 years when nowwhere the bottom 2 spots...

That team - Clyde FC

6 minutes ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Not reading last 101 posts but we thinking Rangers are bluffing or not re evidence..

On another note Michael Stewart conversation with Elgin Chair on radio yesterday was a fist clinching moment from the sportsound presenter..

How he can go on about unfair this, unfair that in relation to his beloved Hearts getting unfairly relegated without season ending, How about relegating a team that finished 7th in their league and twice have become the victim of league reconstruction in the last 20 years when nowwhere the bottom 2 spots...

That team - Clyde FC

Two reasons

1. The BBC etc do not employ anyone who cares to consider the whole picture when imparting their journalistic talents and

2. The Board of Clyde FC appear to have done nothing to fight this - where is our communication strategy? I also haven't seen anything from Peterhead nor Forfar.

Almost makes you wonder...…...but no, we know better.

10 minutes ago, shawfield shed boy said:

That team - Clyde FC

Bombard him and BBC with Tweets

2 minutes ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

Two reasons

1. The BBC etc do not employ anyone who cares to consider the whole picture when imparting their journalistic talents and

2. The Board of Clyde FC appear to have done nothing to fight this - where is our communication strategy? I also haven't seen anything from Peterhead nor Forfar.

Almost makes you wonder...…...but no, we know better.

Funnily enough I ask a question about this on Peterhead thread. 2 hours ago, not reply it opinion. So looks like they aren’t bothered 

That team - Clyde FC
Some SPFL league 2 logic:

Unfair to relegate Hearts because they're 4 points behind.

Unfair to relegate Thistle because they're 2 points behind.

HOWEVER,

It's fair to relegate Dumbarton who are 22 (twenty two) points above the automatic relegation spot.

And fair to relegate Clyde who are 18 (eighteen) points above the automatic relegation spot.

And fair to relegate Peterhead who are 10 (ten) points above the automatic relegation spot.

And fair to relegate Forfar who are 8 (eight) points above the automatic relegation spot.

[emoji848]

Maybe this is where our famous MSP could stand up for us and use his influence and network? He is well known for shouting the odds about all sorts so where is he now?
Given his previous pronouncements on various issues, I hope he keeps his mouth shut and his Twitter account unopened. He's nothing but an embarrassment both as a Scot and as a Clyde supporter.

Elgin Chair sounded quite weak on radio. We dont want reconstruction but on same breath blurts out we all got together with all the other L2 clubs and have accepted 3x14s. Shut your mouth FFS. !!..

We thinkng Rangers bluffing or got the so called concrete evidence which could possibly throw this chaos to another level and delay or prevent construction for next season..

23 minutes ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Elgin Chair sounded quite weak on radio. We dont want reconstruction but on same breath blurts out we all got together with all the other L2 clubs and have accepted 3x14s. Shut your mouth FFS. !!..

We thinkng Rangers bluffing or got the so called concrete evidence which could possibly throw this chaos to another level and delay or prevent construction for next season..

As always with this type of thing there will be no smoking gun. When the evidence is shown some will say Rangers were correct and others will say 'so what, is that all you have'

Unfortunately those have something to gain will sit in the former and those with something to lose and who do not like the source will fall into the latter.

I didn't hear the Sportsound stuff. Is the 14-14-14 a suggestion from the reconstruction group? Or has this just been something created by the League 2 sides?

I'm wondering if it's an attempt from the League 2 clubs to swing things in their favour - we'll vote for this, we won't vote for your other ideas.

2 hours ago, Big Fifer said:

Yeah but a 16 team league is never going to get voted through. 30 games in the top tier won't get the TV companies what they want, what kind of split would a you propose to keep the 4 old firm games (and it's not just the TV companies, the clubs want the old firm gates too). 

Whilst I understand that, I thought this was for the benefit of all Scottish football not just Hearts.  What I dont understand is the voting method.  Is it the majority of all 42 clubs, not just the 12?

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

In what way does it punish the League 1 clubs financially? Two clubs are promoted out of the league who may have been promoted out of the league anyway.

If there were playoffs which were won by Falkirk then QoS and Partick would be in L1 next season. This reconstruction would see them both in Championship, to be replaced by Stranraer and Edinburgh City - big difference in gate receipts!

I didn't hear the Sportsound stuff. Is the 14-14-14 a suggestion from the reconstruction group? Or has this just been something created by the League 2 sides?
I'm wondering if it's an attempt from the League 2 clubs to swing things in their favour - we'll vote for this, we won't vote for your other ideas.
Elgin chair said they dont want reconstruction but literally on the same breath and the advice of Donald Findlay the L2 chairman got together on whats app group & all in favour of 3x14s. Unbelievable comment

I still don’t see the massive deal for Clyde in a 14-14-14. I understand it’s pretty shite for one season, which in itself might be significantly shortened, but the long-term picture would surely look better with 28 teams in the top two tiers? Currently Clyde would virtually need to hope that ‘big’ teams (diddies like Raith, Falkirk, Partick etc) are either not in League 1 or have a dreadful season to get promoted, and if/when that promotion comes it’s just a case of clinging onto the Championship as long as possible until an inevitable relegation.

Under this they have a much bigger chance of promotion from the third tier and a genuine chance of consolidation in the second as there’ll be a good chunk of part-time teams in there at any given time. It could even be a springboard for full-time football.

No? Easy to say from the outside I appreciate.

I still don’t see the massive deal for Clyde in a 14-14-14. I understand it’s pretty shite for one season, which in itself might be significantly shortened, but the long-term picture would surely look better with 28 teams in the top two tiers? Currently Clyde would virtually need to hope that ‘big’ teams (diddies like Raith, Falkirk, Partick etc) are either not in League 1 or have a dreadful season to get promoted, and if/when that promotion comes it’s just a case of clinging onto the Championship as long as possible until an inevitable relegation.

Under this they have a much bigger chance of promotion from the third tier and a genuine chance of consolidation in the second as there’ll be a good chunk of part-time teams in there at any given time. It could even be a springboard for full-time football.

It took us 9 seasons to get out the bottom tier the last time, including a few seasons fighting to avoid relegation to the Lowland league. There is no guarantee that we would win it at the first time of asking especially with Cove throwing money around and Queens Park supposedly going full time.

I doubt most of our current players would stick around if we are back to playing the teams currently in league 2. It would also be a huge financial hit for the club at a time when we are already going to be skint.

We would also need to win promotion, again, just to play the teams we currently share a league with.

9 minutes ago, Paco said:

There's a fair bit of truth in what you say.

However, try playing Elgin/Annan 38 times in 9 seasons, experience Edinburgh City not even bringing a bus of fans for a play-off match and see how you like having to go back there when it's not at all deserved. 

45 minutes ago, Paco said:

We already got promoted away from them. It was 12 months ago. Why do we need to do it again?

To suit Hearts and Thistle?