The SPFL recommendation?

2 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

This would all be fair and good if you could include the words, “under a fair and equitable voting system”.

Sadly you can’t, and that’s as big an issue long term for the Rovers as it is for the Bairns...

Not for one minute supporting the SPFL and  the unfair and unequitable voting system but surely the clubs can change the constitution/ rules like any other association.

23 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

The principle was introduced democratically. I can't explain why clubs agreed to it. I suspect they were bought with a slight increase in tv money and possible the introduction of teams 11 & 12, play off for 11 rather than relegation. Whatever, the club's agreed to that format and even when Rangers were out Aberdeen stepped up to the plate.

I'm not sure where Falkirk were during this, but they probably agreed.

Am I correct in thinking that the rules are that a club can’t change from a YES vote to a NO vote which I read somewhere when at the time it was suggested that if Dundee changed to a YES vote then other clubs might then change to a NO vote but was stated this was not allowed 

On 25/04/2020 at 10:25, Sergeant Wilson said:

You not getting all the logistical and financial issues between finishing fully professional leagues with tv contracts and part time lower division clubs doesn't excuse the SPFL action, but it doesn't mean your arguments are valid either.

Lower division clubs need gate money from people attending games. People aren't allowed to attend games for a while yet. The divisions proposing restarting are able to play without, or with very few spectators.

Okay I get that but no one can really believe that the vote was fair or professional , no mention should have been made about financial incentives for clubs if they voted YES when we now know that financial help would have been available even without the vote being rushed through . 

23 hours ago, raith1974 said:

What part of clubs not surviving do you not understand. None of the clubs in Scotland especially the lower league clubs are cash rich like Ajax etc. The prize money dished out to clubs is purely to get them through a short period of time. Teams needed the situation resolved so they could plan for next season knowing which leagues they would be in so that season tickets can go on sale. Season ticket sales will save the lower league clubs until the new season starts when ever that may be. As for CHAMPIONS we have been awarded the league, the title, and ultimately promotion, you have been awarded bottom place and relegation, enjoy.

Unbelievable , your views are what will damage and chance of a fair and professional outcome , we were told that only ending the league could allow clubs to get money — WRONG. This was a lie !  Take off the blinkers and think about ALL clubs and not just your own ... you do not deserve the title at this stage , definitely if the league had finished and you were still top then no problem you would have a genuine title and could be called champions but not this way 

23 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

What might work elsewhere might not work here.

Yes, money  Not just TV money but league money, season ticket money and sponsorship money.

All would be at risk and almost certainly vastly reduced. Many, perhaps most, clubs couldn't survive that.

That’s just not true , do you not hear that money could have been given to clubs without any vote or final decision on what happens , it was a lie put out by the SPFL to influence the vote and thats why I believe the vote will be found void due to the way it was handled and the whole Dundee thing 

They make the rules up as they go along

Am I correct in thinking that the rules are that a club can’t change from a YES vote to a NO vote which I read somewhere when at the time it was suggested that if Dundee changed to a YES vote then other clubs might then change to a NO vote but was stated this was not allowed 

13 minutes ago, kvz2000 said:

My post was about the voting structure generally in the SPFL, not the resolution itself. 

7 minutes ago, kvz2000 said:

Okay I get that but no one can really believe that the vote was fair or professional , no mention should have been made about financial incentives for clubs if they voted YES when we now know that financial help would have been available even without the vote being rushed through . 

What financial help? The money released was the final league placing pay out. What other financial  incentives could be offered? It could have been paid as a loan rather than the SPFL line that that wasn't possible, but clubs should have known that as well, it's their rules as well.

On 25/04/2020 at 08:29, DA Baracus said:

No they shouldn't. 

It might make sense in the Dutch leagues but it makes no sense here and would kill a good many clubs.

Please explain how this would kill a lot of clubs ? They would still get their money and would have given the SPFL more time to come up with a decent plan for next season ...

1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

My post was about the voting structure generally in the SPFL, not the resolution itself. 

What financial help? The money released was the final league placing pay out. What other financial  incentives could be offered? It could have been paid as a loan rather than the SPFL line that that wasn't possible, but clubs should have known that as well, it's their rules as well.

Your not listening , the SPFL wrongly stated that the ONLY way clubs could get money was to vote YES , this was not true , your right it would be in the rules that the SPFL could release the cash without any vote being rushed through but they said the opposite which was misleading 

Why are we rushing to put them in the set up....

Agreed, had the leagues finished normally they wouldn’t have won promotion, only a play-off place where one of them may have been promoted.

I think we have enough teams in the SPFL- if we can come up with an agreeable league structure without bringing in more teams then that’s what we should do.

Just now, kvz2000 said:

Your not listening , the SPFL wrongly stated that the ONLY way clubs could get money was to vote YES , this was not true , your right it would be in the rules that the SPFL could release the cash without any vote being rushed through but they said the opposite which was misleading 

No-one has said they are a competent organisation, they mislead clubs. Equally, the club's should know the rules.

I'm struggling to answer because I don't understand the point you're trying to make. Are you saying the lower divisions could have continued or been restarted?

48 minutes ago, kvz2000 said:

That’s just not true , do you not hear that money could have been given to clubs without any vote or final decision on what happens , it was a lie put out by the SPFL to influence the vote and thats why I believe the vote will be found void due to the way it was handled and the whole Dundee thing 

So what your proposing is completing fixtures at some point in the future with vastly different squads to this season, how is that fair, it's not. Also please tell me how Stranraer couks possible survive without season tickets going in sale for next season. 

I don't agree with your views, you dont agree with mine but one thing I would say is there is absolutely no way Scottish lower league clubs can possibly complete this season, not even playoff games prior to player contracts ending. If you void the league which you want to save your own club going into oblivion as you will just keep falling further then the damage to all clubs could be great. If we pretend 28 games didn't happen then who pay back the sponsors, entrance money to fans and season tickets as we never actually achieved anything. The fairest way to complete the leagues are on average points or replicate the 2nd quarter games and reward on the final placing, either way Raith finish top, where does that leave Stranraer????

Agreed, had the leagues finished normally they wouldn’t have won promotion, only a play-off place where one of them may have been promoted.

I think we have enough teams in the SPFL- if we can come up with an agreeable league structure without bringing in more teams then that’s what we should do.

It's the same as always from the lower league clubs, continuing the old SFL closed shop mentality. "Pull up the drawbridge, we're alright". Hopefully the Premiership clubs can see past this self-interest.

Would be interesting to see if that 14-14-14 structure got widespread support.  Main complaint has been that no team should be worse off as a result of this, but could it be argued that some teams who find themselves in that bottom tier are worse off? 

Hi 5. This is what I think too