The SPFL recommendation?

Never forget folks that Sevco has "a dossier of evidence" as per its club statement released yesterday.

Will this ever make an appearance or will it be like days past when good old Alex Cameron always had a sealed envelope (and always on good authority) in his desk drawer on whatever matter was soaking the collective gussets of Glasgow Rangers or a few others in Scottish fitba' at the time.

4 hours ago, Ecosse83 said:

The reality is there is a real chance some clubs will go bust in the next few months.  

If Falkirk survive this there will be a good chance we will be playing in a higher division than League 1 for all the wrong reasons, I for one hope to f*** it doesn't come to that!

I dunno. If Sevco die again and all the teams shuffle up 1 place, I'll be fucking delighted. 

39 minutes ago, EFFC1938 said:

Liquidation??? That's not very nice..

L is for League Champions*.

*Tainted, obviously, but better than getting bumped and being told this season is null and void, thanks for your efforts, hope Lewis Vaughan gets well soon, maybe he can get his ACL injury cancelled. After being top for almost 3/4 of the season, and scoring 5 again at Methil, home of the famous East Fife who have won the Scottish Cup. 

39 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

I dunno. If Sevco die again and all the teams shuffle up 1 place, I'll be fucking delighted. 

Sevco are like fucking Voldemort. Difficult to kills the c***s.

So Elgin and Stenny Chairman saying that all L2 clubs have agreed that they would allow bot for14 14 14 set up. That’s Clyde, Peterhead and Forfar all probably  fecked.  
Where did you see this? Be surprised if they would be in favour as would expect automatic relegation into the Lowland league to be part of it. The two teams coming up in Kelty and Brora will push the likes of Stenny closer to the trapdoor.

Where did you see this? Be surprised if they would be in favour as would expect automatic relegation into the Lowland league to be part of it. The two teams coming up in Kelty and Brora will push the likes of Stenny closer to the trapdoor.
Was on the radio. Automatic relegation will never be approved as too many clubs wouldn't vote it through

Stenny's chairman was in the press few weeks ago asking for any prospect of relegation from bottom tier of SPFL to be suspended for two seasons due to the financial implications of the current situation.

3 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:
1 hour ago, FREDDYFRY said:
So Elgin and Stenny Chairman saying that all L2 clubs have agreed that they would allow bot for14 14 14 set up. That’s Clyde, Peterhead and Forfar all probably  fecked.  

If it doesn't happen now, it will happen anyway in the next decade. I'd expect the LL to be overrun by highly organised ex Juniors teams within 10 years. 

28 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:
1 hour ago, FREDDYFRY said:

Both on BBC Sportsound this afternoon. Have to say surprised at Cove agreeing with it, but that’s what they both said. Conference call on Tuesday I think they said

If this goes through then Brora and Kelty would not be promoted at all which I think would be a shame. Go for 14-14-16 and allow them in based on this season situation.

11 minutes ago, Judge said:

If this goes through then Brora and Kelty would not be promoted at all which I think would be a shame. Go for 14-14-16 and allow them in based on this season situation.

14-16-14 please.

25 minutes ago, FREDDYFRY said:

Both on BBC Sportsound this afternoon. Have to say surprised at Cove agreeing with it, but that’s what they both said. Conference call on Tuesday I think they said

I'm not surprised. They've got a much easier route into the division below the Premier league now. Having won League 2, they must surely fancy their chances of taking care of the four League 1 teams.

5 hours ago, virginton said:
Erm no, this is utter bollocks no matter how many times that a furious minority of clubs and their fanbases wish to regurgitate it. The majority of teams had either no significant stake in the rest of the campaign being continued either way (such as Morton, slap-bang in midtable) or actually voted to give up their tenuous 'right' to play-off football by calling the season in the manner that they did. The rump minority of objectors on the other hand were all voting with their own self-interest clearly in play: either by trying to get their dung season off the books by voiding the campaign or to stall a decision in the delusional belief that the season must be played out to a finish (thus preserving, for example, East Fife's dwindling promotion hopes). The idea that Hearts, Inverness, Partick, East Fife, Stranraer and of course Sevco are all merely upholding the Corinthian values of the game with their tantrums about the final outcome is truly laughable.  

There was a short period a few months back when virkingTON made some sensible posts, but he’s been back on form in recently weeks [emoji2][emoji1319] 

Edited by EdinburghBlue

8 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

What a pile of shit this is.
Everyone knows what the SPFL (lets make it up as we go along) ‘rules’ are. However it’s also well known that if you are a smaller club, you have no chance of getting anything reversed. So no one has the cash or the morale left to push against it.
Are you seriously telling me for example, that to change certain situations, an 11-1 vote being needed by the top division is fair and democratic?…

The clubs are the SPFL or if you want the SPFL are the clubs.If there not happy do something about it

4 hours ago, embow said:

Never forget folks that Sevco has "a dossier of evidence" as per its club statement released yesterday.

Will this ever make an appearance or will it be like days past when good old Alex Cameron always had a sealed envelope (and always on good authority) in his desk drawer on whatever matter was soaking the collective gussets of Glasgow Rangers or a few others in Scottish fitba' at the time.

Why have they not released this dossier of evidence?they,ve only had two weeks to do it..They apparently wont release the evidence they have until an independent enquiry is  passed.They need  GM of the clubs and t get this require at least the backing of another two clubs which they have inapparently have in the ,butcher aprons Hearts and Stranraer.For an independent enquiry they then need 32 ish clubs to vote in favour

Fukin hell,what a load of long winded pish to stop Celtic from being awarded the title

3 hours ago, FREDDYFRY said:

Thats coercion surely

The clubs are the SPFL or if you want the SPFL are the clubs.If there not happy do something about it

This would all be fair and good if you could include the words, “under a fair and equitable voting system”.

Sadly you can’t, and that’s as big an issue long term for the Rovers as it is for the Bairns...

2 hours ago, FREDDYFRY said:

With the league declared Cove are no longer a second division club so they were not included. I assume Stranraer were.