The SPFL recommendation?

From the just-released Scottish Government strategy document: "We are likely to require that gathering in groups, for example in pubs or at public events, is banned or restricted for some time to come. And good hand hygiene and cough hygiene must become fundamental habits. We cannot afford to have exceptions. Each one of us will have to adapt to this as the new normal, at least until we are sure that we can be more protected by a vaccine or treatment. If, after easing any restrictions, the evidence tells us we are unable to contain the transmission of the virus then we will have to re-impose them, possibly returning to lockdown with little notice. While we will do our best to avoid this, it is possible that such a cycle may happen more than once until we reach a point when we have in place an effective vaccine. " Full document here (26 pages, .pdf) It looks very likely that there won't be any more football this year, and it wouldn't surprise me at all if season 20/21 is a total write off, with football resuming in 21/22.

[emoji20]

It’s a decent read but in truth I don’t think I learned very much from reading it.Pretty much:Phased approach to easing the lockdown

Looking for innovative ways to enforce social distancing

Review our readiness to ease, or retighten, restrictions every three weeks

Learn from other countries ahead of us in easing restrictions

Ensure that R remains less than 1.0 or reinforce lockdown

I’ve never expected football to be back any time soon. Indeed, I’ve always believed November at the earliest which is why back in-early March I suggested a fourteen team league with just 26 games and no split for the season to come.

Whether that’s even possible, time will tell.....

3 hours ago, kvz2000 said:

Just seen the response from Auchinleck Juniors ( as good a team as some championship clubs ) hats of to them and the way others in the professional should approach the league close down , they will NOT celebrated and not happy with being awarded champions on a point by game basis ......and they do NOT consider themselves champions ....... might be the case because they are a successful team in their own right unlike Raith who are desperate to call themselves champions as it’s unlikely to ever happen again ....Well Done Auchinleck.....

Dear oh dear oh dear...................

Just seen the response from Auchinleck Juniors ( as good a team as some championship clubs ) hats of to them and the way others in the professional should approach the league close down , they will NOT celebrated and not happy with being awarded champions on a point by game basis ......and they do NOT consider themselves champions ....... might be the case because they are a successful team in their own right unlike Raith who are desperate to call themselves champions as it’s unlikely to ever happen again ....Well Done Auchinleck.....
Why don't you follow their example then and stop moaning about being relegated? Stranraer have won 2 games all season, they were going down anyway.

28 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

It’s a decent read but in truth I don’t think I learned very much from reading it.Pretty much:Phased approach to easing the lockdown

Looking for innovative ways to enforce social distancing

Review our readiness to ease, or retighten, restrictions every three weeks

Learn from other countries ahead of us in easing restrictions

Ensure that R remains less than 1.0 or reinforce lockdown

I’ve never expected football to be back any time soon. Indeed, I’ve always believed November at the earliest which is why back in-early March I suggested a fourteen team league with just 26 games and no split for the season to come.

Whether that’s even possible, time will tell.....

It said nothing.

So much for her big pathway back to normality.

Just a whole lot of ‘windbaggery’

Trump will be the person to get things going, quickly followed by Boris and then Nicola will have no choice.

’Its the economy, stupid’

13 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

It said nothing.

Trump will be the person to get things going, quickly followed by Boris and then Nicola will have no choice.

I’m not even sure that Trump would know how to construct a sentence tbh.....

4 hours ago, kvz2000 said:

It’s a tainted relegation. 

6 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I’m not even sure that Trump would know how to construct a sentence tbh.....

He does. He knows better than anyone. His sentences are great. It’s gonna be a beautiful thing. So beautiful he may grab it’s pussy.

It said nothing.

Trying too hard.

22 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

I can't see any football being played this year.

Perhaps a summer football season should be considered starting next February or March.

Problem will be clubs lasting that long without income.

Aye, it'll fill the gaps in the Euros.

I can't see any football being played this year.

Perhaps a summer football season should be considered starting next February or March.

Problem will be clubs lasting that long without income.
Summer football in February? [emoji848]

Difficult decision coming up for clubs with players with contracts expiring in June. Do you re-sign players then or wait until we know when the football season will start back again?

English league 1 & 2 having discussions about a salary cap to prevent clubs going bust.

Aye, it'll fill the gaps in the Euros.

What happens to summer leagues like Iceland in world cup and euro years?

Summer football in February? [emoji848]

Football season playing through the summer has to start sometime.

An alternative is a 18 match league season as there's absolutely no chance of a full football season ending next summer.

47 minutes ago, pub car king said:

Closed doors with some sort of virtual season ticket to watch online is the only option. Clubs will not survive without playing games and neither will players without having a job.

I think a lot of players may have to consider a job outside of football for a while unfortunately.

31 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

Summer football in February? emoji848.png

Difficult decision coming up for clubs with players with contracts expiring in June. Do you re-sign players then or wait until we know when the football season will start back again?

English league 1 & 2 having discussions about a salary cap to prevent clubs going bust.

Clubs would be wise to hold off on any signings until we know when we play in front of crowds again.

P.S. What do you think summer football actually means? That the entire season would be squeezed in to 3 months?!

Edited by DA Baracus