The SPFL recommendation?

12 hours ago, Mon_The_Fife said:

Jacinda and her team have been excellent. I’m back into work tomorrow to get prepared for restarting work again properly on Tuesday. Hoping football will restart at the start of June again for us. Anyhoo, back to Scottish football...

Yes she has done well, but she is getting all the plaudits when Australia is actually now out performing NZ

Australia has just went number one in the world (ahead of S Korea) for DOD% new infections over last 3 days (0.11%) . NZ are 4th.

Oz has the same amount of deaths per 1M population as NZ at 3. The UK is 267 per 1M.

Queensland , where I Iive , have had no new cases in 2 out of the last 3 days. Queensland has the same population size as Scotland mostly living in the greater Brisbane area.

I know it's not a competition but Oz shut down the day after NZ whilst Boris & co were still dithering with open borders & Cheltenham racing.  Australia's first case of COVID-19 was actually the same day as the UK, the UK Gov need to be taken to task on this once it's all over. 

22420.png

On 22/04/2020 at 02:28, Nowhereman said:

It made a huge difference. For example when Sons were in the old first division in the seventies they benefited from sharing away gates But when they were in the premier in 1984 they didnt get the same financial benefit.Its probably exarcebated now because of the way the fixtures work. Used to be generally home away week about but now it is regularly two at home or two away which as Moonster says means clubs can go several weeks without any income. It takes two teams to make a match and spectators are watching them both so there should be at least some sort of sharing. However its clearly not going to happen

My memory may be playing tricks on me but I seem to recall a heap of crowd number fiddles / arguments when the gate money was shared.  Might be controllable nowadays.

2 minutes ago, expatowner said:

My memory may be playing tricks on me but I seem to recall a heap of crowd number fiddles / arguments when the gate money was shared.  Might be controllable nowadays.

Back in the day newspapers would report attendance and receipts for every game.

This would be taken with a pinch of salt when the Thirds went down the pan.

6 hours ago, expatowner said:

It was a different era, not all turnstiles didn't count the number of clicks, you relied on the gate man. He let kids get lifted over, his pals doubling up, chances giving him a Bing to jump over.

You then relied on the man/men counting the money to equate that to a crowd number. Then that figure was "seasonally" adjusted by The Treasurer. Usually down to accommodate their cash take, pay players side wage and avoid tax. 

Happier, simpler times.

Now money laundering is the biggie.

Just seen the response from Auchinleck Juniors ( as good a team as some championship clubs ) hats of to them and the way others in the professional should approach the league close down , they will NOT celebrated and not happy with being awarded champions on a point by game basis ......and they do NOT consider themselves champions ....... might be the case because they are a successful team in their own right unlike Raith who are desperate to call themselves champions as it’s unlikely to ever happen again ....Well Done Auchinleck.....

Just seen the response from Auchinleck Juniors ( as good a team as some championship clubs ) hats of to them and the way others in the professional should approach the league close down , they will NOT celebrated and not happy with being awarded champions on a point by game basis ......and they do NOT consider themselves champions ....... might be the case because they are a successful team in their own right unlike Raith who are desperate to call themselves champions as it’s unlikely to ever happen again ....Well Done Auchinleck.....

Take a day off [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

You really are a sad c**t. No one at Raith Rovers is running through the streets screaming Champiooooonies. I’d rather finish the season. Unfortunately that isn’t happening. We’ve been at the top of the league longer than anyone else. So it stands to reason. Float away and worry about your own club whoever that may be

11 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

You really are a sad c**t. No one at Raith Rovers is running through the streets screaming Champiooooonies. I’d rather finish the season. Unfortunately that isn’t happening. We’ve been at the top of the league longer than anyone else. So it stands to reason. Float away and worry about your own club whoever that may be

Oh dear , what an articulate response , your parents must be really proud ....

Bitter as f**k.

2 hours ago, kvz2000 said:

Think for your own good you could do with a wee break from here

From the just-released Scottish Government strategy document:

"We are likely to require that gathering in groups, for example in pubs or at public events, is banned or restricted for some time to come. And good hand hygiene and cough hygiene must become fundamental habits. We cannot afford to have exceptions. Each one of us will have to adapt to this as the new normal, at least until we are sure that we can be more protected by a vaccine or treatment. If, after easing any restrictions, the evidence tells us we are unable to contain the transmission of the virus then we will have to re-impose them, possibly returning to lockdown with little notice. While we will do our best to avoid this, it is possible that such a cycle may happen more than once until we reach a point when we have in place an effective vaccine. "

Full document here (26 pages, .pdf)

It looks very likely that there won't be any more football this year, and it wouldn't surprise me at all if season 20/21 is a total write off, with football resuming in 21/22.

:(

5 minutes ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

"We are likely to require that gathering in groups, for example in pubs or at public events, is banned or restricted for some time to come. And good hand hygiene and cough hygiene must become fundamental habits. We cannot afford to have exceptions. Each one of us will have to adapt to this as the new normal, at least until we are sure that we can be more protected by a vaccine or treatment. If, after easing any restrictions, the evidence tells us we are unable to contain the transmission of the virus then we will have to re-impose them, possibly returning to lockdown with little notice. While we will do our best to avoid this, it is possible that such a cycle may happen more than once until we reach a point when we have in place an effective vaccine. "

It looks very likely that there won't be any more football this year, and it wouldn't surprise me at all if season 20/21 is a total write off, with football resuming in 21/22.

Be interesting to see when Spain and Italy resume playing football.

45 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

No one dancing on the streets of Raith?

Shame.

3 minutes ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

It's still 4 months, rough and tough, until the season is due to start in earnest.

If they don't have a workable vaccine fast tracked in place by then, presumably a robust and regular test-trace-isolate program with electronic surveillance as is being discussed would be sufficient to allow spectators back into football, as any cases could be isolated before they became an issue. 

I don't think season 20/21 is off the table yet, and as much as I'm a proponent of Scottish Independence, the current Scot Gov policy paper might as well be used as fish supper wrappers if the UK Gov gets flighty and starts bringing everything back quicker and shutting down the furlough scheme as a consequence.