The SPFL recommendation?

35 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Think theres actually something in that

I get the feeling the  easing of restrictions could well be driven by the economy.

The economy was exactly reason the lockdown didn't start early.

We live on an island FFS, it should gave been easy to control the spread.....like New Zealand did?

2 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

We live on an island FFS, it should gave been easy to control the spread.....like New Zealand did?

NZ is a very sparsely populated country with very little international movements.

No comparison with UK and all the international movements through London.

15 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

It wouldn't have been easy, but it would have been easier. 

IMO it should have been a full lock-down and it should have been in effect before it was. If it had we'd be much closer to getting through the other side. Things like the Man Utd game and the Cheltenham races should not have been allowed. That would have upset the Hooray Henrys though, so we couldn't have had that!

13 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

It wouldn't have been easy, but it would have been easier. 

IMO it should have been a full lock-down and it should have been in effect before it was. If it had we'd be much closer to getting through the other side. Things like the Man Utd game and the Cheltenham races should not have been allowed. That would have upset the Hooray Henrys though, so we couldn't have had that!

The WHO said there was nothing to worry about.

You're always wise after the event.

Trump was the first to act banning flights from China but, in hindsight, he should have gone further.

IMO, you haven’t a clue, never had,  and it’s a bit rich coming out with all those ‘wise’ remarks now.

21 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Trump was the first to act banning flights from China but, in hindsight, he should have gone further.

IMO, you haven’t a clue, never had,  and it’s a bit rich coming out with all those ‘wise’ remarks now.

That's right mate, I don't have a clue, yet I'm not the one saying that folk should be doing as they like, which would obviously have had the effect of killing a few more thousand people. No worries there though because I'm sure the Cheltenham races made a good few bob for some folk!

I actually advocated a full lock-down when the first cases started appearing and I'm not talking about cases in the UK. Not that I can prove that of course and, even if I could, I'm sure that you would simply say it was 'fake news'.

Just you carry on in your own silly little deluded world and stop boring the rest of us.

1 hour ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

NZ is a very sparsely populated country with very little international movements.

Travellers into Uk still not getting tested. COVID going to be about for a while yet.

Do you mean that time the WHO totally didn’t warn the UK Gov when its strategy was “herd immunity, protect the economy and if that means some pensioners die, too bad”?

https://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/coronavirus-who-government-uk-strategy-17924466

You are Toby Young and I claim my 5 pounds.

I have always maintained that there has to be a trade off between lockdown and economic activity.
Lockdown in itself produces health issues through poverty, depression, etc., etc..and that has to be weighed against restarting economic and social activities.
There is also the question of allowing the state too many powers to suppress individual freedom.
Dangerous.

Yep, it’s the balancing act between preserving lives and preserving people’s way of life. Both are obviously very important.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-must-vote-championship-club-league-reconstruction-if-premiership-season-ends-first-2545557

From the Edinburgh news, Hearts would have to vote as a championship team if SPFL and UEFA agree to call a halt to the current season.

9 to 3 majority sufficient in the premiership if not adding LL and HL teams to the SPFL or not changing prize money.

13 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

Sturgeon in full nanny state mode by telling the good people of Scotland they can't be trusted to sit in their own homes and watch closed doors games on their TVs.

Meanwhile just watch all the other countries do just that in the next few months.

RIP Scottish fitba

Apart from The Netherlands. And almost certainly Belgium

1 hour ago, Jack Burton said:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-must-vote-championship-club-league-reconstruction-if-premiership-season-ends-first-2545557

From the Edinburgh news, Hearts would have to vote as a championship team if SPFL and UEFA agree to call a halt to the current season.

9 to 3 majority sufficient in the premiership if not adding LL and HL teams to the SPFL or not changing prize money.

There's no chance whatsoever of Premiership clubs like Saint Mirren and Hamilton accepting the risk of receiving a fraction of their currently guaranteed minimum prize money at the end of the 20-21 season, if they end up finishing in 13th or 14th in an expended top flight instead and get what used to be handed to the Championship winner and runners up instead. Either the prize money distribution will substantially change or the plan is dead in the water from the start, so an 11-1 vote will be required on any credible proposal.

I guess you’ve never been to Auckland? NZ was on the same trajectory as Italy when we went into full lockdown, shut and quarantined the borders and started to ramp up the testing. Much better than the shambles of a response from the UK and US. Another 2 or 3 weeks and we should hopefully be back to some sort of normality. Only 6 new cases today.

IMG_2337.jpg

I guess you’ve never been to Auckland? NZ was on the same trajectory as Italy when we went into full lockdown, shut and quarantined the borders and started to ramp up the testing. Much better than the shambles of a response from the UK and US. Another 2 or 3 weeks and we should hopefully be back to some sort of normality. Only 6 new cases today.

IMG_2337.thumb.jpg.b01f034e9ed5bddfa06b96219d120c59.jpg

Jacinda and her team have been excellent. I’m back into work tomorrow to get prepared for restarting work again properly on Tuesday. Hoping football will restart at the start of June again for us. Anyhoo, back to Scottish football...

I can't realistically see any more football/rugby/team sport/spectator sport being played in Europe (maybe worldwide) in 2020/21.

It's not only crowd safety that's in question, how do you keep the team and staff safe, think about dressing rooms, physio rooms, gyms etc. how do you ensure these are virus free bearing in mind that the current tests can only show a result when you have the virus and there is no viable antibody test at present and immunity is not confirmed.

There's a reckoning for the football authorities coming and it will be the big teams that will suffer with their bloated finances, no TV money, no travelling support etc.

Answers on postcard 🙂

Aberdeen have written to all SPFL Premiership clubs asking to a delay in the decision to end the Premiership to allow them to complete a feasibility study into completing the fixtures.

It was made clear to the lower league clubs that this was never going to be possible, so surely any vote to end the lower league campaign should be annulled if the Premiership clubs are allowed to play behind closed doors?

Not that I really think it’s going to happen anyway, I should add.

However there is a principle here that is being swept over.....