The SPFL recommendation?

6 hours ago, raith1974 said:

Couldn't care what bookies say, rival fans, we show been awarded the league and as a result will be crowned champions with a presentation of a trophy when football resumes.

I don't think there should be a trophy presentation. They are making it worse and its bad enough. 

12 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Christ you're really making a meal out of this. You got a bit of luck which you've benefitted from . You've been awarded a league that was still anyone's as we were just about to hit the business end of the season.  I'd have a right riddy going on about being crowned champions and presentations etc if that had been us. In fact the way this season has gone if it had finished properly and we'd scraped the title I'd be hoping the whole thing would be kept low key as it wouldnt be anything to crow about.

That's a thoroughly shite attitude to be fair.

14 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Christ you're really making a meal out of this. You got a bit of luck which you've benefitted from . You've been awarded a league that was still anyone's as we were just about to hit the business end of the season.  I'd have a right riddy going on about being crowned champions and presentations etc if that had been us. In fact the way this season has gone if it had finished properly and we'd scraped the title I'd be hoping the whole thing would be kept low key as it wouldnt be anything to crow about.

Says the guy who's been all over this thread like a rash.

9 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

Tbf your chairman statement was pure toys out the pram stuff 

https://www.raithrovers.net/43983/spfl-resolution-approved.htm

We now look forward to the result of the talks on league reconstruction and hope that Falkirk join us in due course and that Stranraer will not be relegated.”

aye, definitely shedding toys all over the place there.

8 minutes ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

Says the guy who's been all over this thread like a rash.

My gripe was always  about the way the proposal was set up to include the prize money.   I agreed  raith should go up but to me the crowned champions of an unfinished league that 3 or 4 sides could still win is pretty cringeworthy.

9 minutes ago, renton said:

We now look forward to the result of the talks on league reconstruction and hope that Falkirk join us in due course and that Stranraer will not be relegated.”

His statement before that was the toys oot the pram one. East to be nice once you've got what you want.

6 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

His statement before that was the toys oot the pram one. East to be nice once you've got what you want.

Not really, reconstruction was always something our club chairman said was an acceptable outcome.

You guys are getting fairly exercised about the "vigorously resist" line. He wasn't self crowning Raith champions, he was defending the SPFL proposition that did that anyway. I think there was a less awkward way of putting his point across. 

Your tears are fucking delicious btw.

I hope we vote against reconstruction tbh. Really would look forward to two trips to Tynecastle and would mean two big home gates for us too.

I’m hoping we vote against it too. 12 points off Falkirk, derbies against thistle, big away supports. That would do us fine.

If one of the rags is to be believed our pay out is 46.5k

A total of 30 teams below the Premiership, including newly-crowned second tier champions Dundee United, will have the cash deposited in their bank accounts today.

The move comes after the resolution to end the season below the top flight was rubber-stamped by Dundee’s yes vote.

SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster confirmed: “Following confirmation on Wednesday night that the directors’ written resolution had passed with more than 80% support from clubs, SPFL staff have been working hard to ensure that these vital end-of-season payments are made available to clubs across the three divisions as soon as possible.

“The impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on Scottish football has been devastating, with no club left untouched or undamaged by the restrictions placed on our everyday life.

“This unprecedented situation has left clubs facing the stark reality of an extremely challenging financial landscape that could have seen a number of our clubs simply cease to exist.

“These funds will help bridge the gap and support clubs through this incredibly difficult period.”

Selected amounts: Dundee United £209,250; Dundee £148,800; Arbroath £93,000; Dunfermline £83,700; Raith Rovers £46,500; Montrose £31,620; East Fife £30,690; Forfar £26,970; Cowdenbeath £22,320; Brechin £16,740.

Edited by Rovers_Lad

1 minute ago, Rovers_Lad said:

If one of the rags is to be believed our pay out is 46k

A total of 30 teams below the Premiership, including newly-crowned second tier champions Dundee United, will have the cash deposited in their bank accounts today.

The move comes after the resolution to end the season below the top flight was rubber-stamped by Dundee’s yes vote.

SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster confirmed: “Following confirmation on Wednesday night that the directors’ written resolution had passed with more than 80% support from clubs, SPFL staff have been working hard to ensure that these vital end-of-season payments are made available to clubs across the three divisions as soon as possible.

“The impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on Scottish football has been devastating, with no club left untouched or undamaged by the restrictions placed on our everyday life.

“This unprecedented situation has left clubs facing the stark reality of an extremely challenging financial landscape that could have seen a number of our clubs simply cease to exist.

“These funds will help bridge the gap and support clubs through this incredibly difficult period.”

Selected amounts: Dundee United £209,250; Dundee £148,800; Arbroath £93,000; Dunfermline £83,700; Raith Rovers £46,500; Montrose £31,620; East Fife £30,690; Forfar £26,970; Cowdenbeath £22,320; Brechin £16,740.

If Forfar had an outstanding balance of £3k drop into get, based on league position, how could Brechin have nearly £17k? I'd say the article is inaccurate.

How hard can it be for the SPFL to release a club by club breakdown? ie

(Made up figures to illustrate)

Stranraer, position 32. Season value £60k, August £20k, December £20k March £10k, balance of season value based on league position £10k.

30 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

If Forfar had an outstanding balance of £3k drop into get, based on league position, how could Brechin have nearly £17k? I'd say the article is inaccurate.

How hard can it be for the SPFL to release a club by club breakdown? ie

(Made up figures to illustrate)

Stranraer, position 32. Season value £60k, August £20k, December £20k March £10k, balance of season value based on league position £10k.

Exactly m8.Clyde only got 8221 plus vat so how the hell are brechin and forfar getting more than them?

the simple truth is that sporting Integrity goes straight out the window when it threatens to come before any club's better options and any chairman that claims otherwise is bluffing, or more likely  downright telling lies.

Reconstruction and an enlarged SPL is almost certainly not the desire of any of clubs in the SPL,  except  that is for HMFC and you can be damned sure they'd be dead against it too if it were Hamilton that were bottom instead of them!  Conversely I think the idea of an enlarged SPL will partially appeal to most of the Championship/L1 clubs such as Inverness, Ayr, Dundee, Dunfermline, Morton, QotS, Partick as well as Falkirk, and Raith as all of those clubs have either been there or been close to getting there. Likewise it will hold similar appeal to other clubs such as Arbroath, Alloa, Clyde, East Fife, Montrose and Airdrie as they will view it as perhaps an opportunity for an easier stay in the 2nd league as opposed relegation or flirting with it (this is also obviously true of both Raith and Falkirk these days).  I say partial appeal as there are also views where it will not be appealing is to those clubs that will see any new championship as being devalued due to having less well supported clubs in along with the inevitable drop in prize money. As said elsewhere there is a drop off between an enlarged SPL and the Championship, that make for a bigger gulf between the two.

Financially Raith would be easily better off with Hearts and Partick swapping places but I don't think it's a fair end to the season for Hearts or Partick, nor for Falkirk or Stranraer for that matter.  The easy way out is the "no relegation and 2 up" option but I think it could be carnage at the end of next season.  Ol brown shoes Presley is bumping his gums in today's papers saying the SPL cant be more than 12 long term (as it needs 4 OF games for TV dough) and next term will need to see 3 teams being relegated, well if that's the case surely it would need to be like for like all the way down the divisions. Having already once had the experience of being relegated as part of 3 the season following being promoted as Champions I'm not mad keep to potentially be doing it al over again next season. Having said that, I'm fairly sure it will still be the out come at the end of the day.

1 minute ago, Scottydog said:

the simple truth is that sporting Integrity goes straight out the window when it threatens to come before any club's better options and any chairman that claims otherwise is bluffing, or more likely  downright telling lies.

Reconstruction and an enlarged SPL is almost certainly not the desire of any of clubs in the SPL,  except  that is for HMFC and you can be damned sure they'd be dead against it too if it were Hamilton that were bottom instead of them!  Conversely I think the idea of an enlarged SPL will partially appeal to most of the Championship/L1 clubs such as Inverness, Ayr, Dundee, Dunfermline, Morton, QotS, Partick as well as Falkirk, and Raith as all of those clubs have either been there or been close to getting there. Likewise it will hold similar appeal to other clubs such as Arbroath, Alloa, Clyde, East Fife, Montrose and Airdrie as they will view it as perhaps an opportunity for an easier stay in the 2nd league as opposed relegation or flirting with it (this is also obviously true of both Raith and Falkirk these days).  I say partial appeal as there are also views where it will not be appealing is to those clubs that will see any new championship as being devalued due to having less well supported clubs in along with the inevitable drop in prize money. As said elsewhere there is a drop off between an enlarged SPL and the Championship, that make for a bigger gulf between the two.

Financially Raith would be easily better off with Hearts and Partick swapping places but I don't think it's a fair end to the season for Hearts or Partick, nor for Falkirk or Stranraer for that matter.  The easy way out is the "no relegation and 2 up" option but I think it could be carnage at the end of next season.  Ol brown shoes Presley is bumping his gums in today's papers saying the SPL cant be more than 12 long term (as it needs 4 OF games for TV dough) and next term will need to see 3 teams being relegated, well if that's the case surely it would need to be like for like all the way down the divisions. Having already once had the experience of being relegated as part of 3 the season following being promoted as Champions I'm not mad keep to potentially be doing it al over again next season. Having said that, I'm fairly sure it will still be the out come at the end of the day.

Pressley the man who promised us we'd not go down and has been a miserable failure at every club hes been at. Why do they always drag these cretins out at times like this? For starters 14 teams still gives you 4 old firm games.

Ol brown shoes Presley is bumping his gums in today's papers saying the SPL cant be more than 12 long term (as it needs 4 OF games for TV dough) and next term will need to see 3 teams being relegated, well if that's the case surely it would need to be like for like all the way down the divisions. Having already once had the experience of being relegated as part of 3 the season following being promoted as Champions I'm not mad keep to potentially be doing it al over again next season. Having said that, I'm fairly sure it will still be the out come at the end of the day.

To get this agreed I think a longer term 14 team top flight would need to be the plan, rather than just a single season. Otherwise it just blatantly to save hearts and any other ‘best for the game’ context is straight out the window.

As someone just mentioned there would be a split and still 4 old firm games so that argument is a non-starter.

The splitting of finances could be overcome by keeping payments due to clubs 13 and 14 smaller, more in line with current championship top 2, again a solution that’s been floated on here.

Relegation is a key factor too. If it’s 3 relegation places next season that’s going to send arses twitching all the way down the leagues, especially in league 2.

If there was a longer commitment to a 14 team league then teams like st mirren, Ross county etc would be more likely in favour as they would fancy staying in a 14 league but be shitting it if there was 3 relegation spots.

5 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

To get this agreed I think a longer term 14 team top flight would need to be the plan, rather than just a single season. Otherwise it just blatantly to save hearts and any other ‘best for the game’ context is straight out the window.

As someone just mentioned there would be a split and still 4 old firm games so that argument is a non-starter.

The splitting of finances could be overcome by keeping payments due to clubs 13 and 14 smaller, more in line with current championship top 2, again a solution that’s been floated on here.

Relegation is a key factor too. If it’s 3 relegation places next season that’s going to send arses twitching all the way down the leagues, especially in league 2.

If there was a longer commitment to a 14 team league then teams like st mirren, Ross county etc would be more likely in favour as they would fancy staying in a 14 league but be shitting it if there was 3 relegation spots.

Is it not more likely to be a see how it goes format more than a rigid one or two seasons. Surely if it's a rip roaring success they're hardly going to bin it straight away. Likewise you dont want to say it's going to be permanent only to find out it's a complete disaster.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

3 hours ago, renton said:

I meant the one declaring you anything other than declaring you champions which you can only be declared if you completed the full fixture calendar which you didn’t.