The SPFL recommendation?

Yep he was all high and mighty a few days ago now something isn't suiting him the toys are out the pram. 
Wonder what he would say if Ayr were currently 2nd!

He made it pretty clear ages ago that a 14 team top flight isn’t right because it’s only to appease a few clubs.

I’m all for reconstruction but not if it’s only to keep Falkirk, Hearts and Partick happy.

If you were in 9th place just before the split there would be no motivation to win games and climb to 8th as you’d have 5th, 6th and 7th in your way rather than 10th, 11th and 12th!

I think the idea was that the middle groups would be positions 5,7,9,11 and 6,8,10,12. Winners play off, then play the 4th place team.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

He made it pretty clear ages ago that a 14 team top flight isn’t right because it’s only to appease a few clubs.

I’m all for reconstruction but not if it’s only to keep Falkirk, Hearts and Partick happy.

Seen he wants either an 18 or 20 league top flight

3 hours ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Utter disgrace from the team that used to be seen as the good guys in Glasgow.

Sorry, what exactly is stopping Stranraer from launching a legal challenge, rather than trying to piggyback off another club to try and slither out of your well-deserved relegation? If you think that you have a serious case then take it to the courts; it's put up or shut up time right now.

Meanwhile, back in the land of reality rather than the 'reconstruction is a done deal' conspiratorial nonsense on this thread, the fact is that Partick folded their hand because they had an utterly shite case to begin with: just as Dundee folded their hand yesterday because they had nothing tangible to obtain. The desperation with which certain fanbases have clung on to their Lionel Hutz-esque 'legal opinion' as a game changer over the past few days has been laughable.

Edited by vikingTON

1 minute ago, virginton said:

Sorry, what exactly is stopping Stranraer from launching a legal challenge, rather than trying to piggyback off another club to try and slither out your well-deserved relegation? If you think there's a serious case then take it to the courts; it's put up or shut up time right now.

Meanwhile, back in the land of reality rather than the 'reconstruction is a done deal' conspiratorial nonsense on this thread, the fact is that Partick folded their hand because they had an utterly shite case to begin with: just as Dundee folded their hand yesterday because they had nothing tangible to obtain. The desperation with which certain fanbases have clung on to their Lionel Hutzesque 'legal opinion' as a game changer over the past few days has been laughable.

I think the only thing that has been certain in this whole thing has been how its been handled and how the voting system for the SPFL is a farce.  To leak the results prior to all the results being in.

I still cant quite understand the Dundee change of heart but to come out and say they never had any intention of voting No when the voting slip image has been leaked with No and signed.

2 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

I think the only thing that has been certain in this whole thing has been how its been handled and how the voting system for the SPFL is a farce.  To leak the results prior to all the results being in.

I still cant quite understand the Dundee change of heart but to come out and say they never had any intention of voting No when the voting slip image has been leaked with No and signed.

They didn't, it's the vote they cast yesterday they are referring to, not the one they withdrew earlier.

1 hour ago, virginton said:

Sorry, what exactly is stopping Stranraer from launching a legal challenge, rather than trying to piggyback off another club to try and slither out of your well-deserved relegation? If you think that you have a serious case then take it to the courts; it's put up or shut up time right now.

Meanwhile, back in the land of reality rather than the 'reconstruction is a done deal' conspiratorial nonsense on this thread, the fact is that Partick folded their hand because they had an utterly shite case to begin with: just as Dundee folded their hand yesterday because they had nothing tangible to obtain. The desperation with which certain fanbases have clung on to their Lionel Hutz-esque 'legal opinion' as a game changer over the past few days has been laughable.

I think your kids have got access to you computer 

8 hours ago, Pesadilla said:

See this pish....

We've one of the tightest leagues in the UK here. There's pretty much all to play for. Nothing had been decided (until yesterday) but it's boring.

The playoff system in Scotland has been a resounding success (despite my own teams utter failure every time) with huge fan buy in and guarantee's an exciting end to the season, the percentage of possible team turnover in any of our lower leagues has to be one of the highest in Europe.

What needs to change is distribution of money and the playoff between the Championship and the Premier to be brought in line with all the others.

I'm afraid that when this hurried balls up of a reconstruction is over - within a season there will be some clamouring to do it again...and again....

We've got a pyramid system in place, we've got most teams reaching the tickly bit of the season with something to play for....but fucksake let change it.

Over the years the crowds have increased and Scottish footballs taken off in the world standings. Scottish football ain't very good just as bad as the people who organise it. 

6 hours ago, haufdaft said:

No Dundee United, ICT or in the championship gives Dundee s much better chance of being promoted next season.

Perhaps that's why Budge is talking about reconstruction for two years rather than one.

It gives Dundee a chance of a bite at the peh!

Fixed that for you. :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Jack Burton said:
4 hours ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Utter disgrace from the team that used to be seen as the good guys in Glasgow.

Stranraer taking legal action or are they a disgrace too?

I doubt we have the finances to lodge a challenge , the fairest way has to be one that doesn’t relegate a club that still had a chance to avoid the drop .....

Why? They probably still think they are right but will have decided on the basis
a) they might lose & b) a challenge will delay things further in terms of any outcome and the release of money.
Could everyone agree that the next time they come up with a reconstruction proposal they delay posting it until they consider some practical issues. Number of games, distribution of limited finances, tv and sponsorship demands etc. Like it or not these are factors the SPFL will need to address.
It would help to  stop clogging up the thread with every brain fart, number wang permutation that escapes your excuse for a brain from stabbing me in the eyes.
Thank you.

Their legal advice suggests they would be likely to win. And they would be in a strong position to get an interdict to prevent implementation until the case had been heard, which would likely lead to the SPFL backing down given that it could be into 2021 before the courts would be able to hear the case.

Just now, EdinburghBlue said:

Their legal advice suggests they would be likely to win. And they would be in a strong position to get an interdict to prevent implementation until the case had been heard, which would likely lead to the SPFL backing down given that it could be into 2021 before the courts would be able to hear the case.

It was their case and their call, they decided not to proceed because the delays incurred would have been damaging to other clubs. They also had to balance that with the chances of success, do you know of any other legal opinion on the matter?

41 minutes ago, kvz2000 said:

I doubt we have the finances to lodge a challenge , the fairest way has to be one that doesn’t relegate a club that still had a chance to avoid the drop .....

There are currently tens of thousands of seething messes on either side of the Clyde Tunnel who would gladly crowdfund your club's Lionel Hutz-esque appearance at CAS. What's stopping you then?

17 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Aye they were likely to win the case, which is why they folded worse than a Ukrainian deckchair within just 18 hours of Dundee changing their mind and sent them doon instead.

Sarcasm dog Blank Template - Imgflip

Edited by vikingTON