The SPFL recommendation?

24 minutes ago, George Parr said:

Good luck spinning that one over saving them from relegation. 

Any reconstruction proposal should be set out to take affect from the end of season 20/21. 

If clubs cant put rivalries aside during a world wide crisis, to come to a solution which removes relegation and includes promotion as a season is only partially complete then its pretty sad. It's not the fault of hearts, partick and stranraer that the season was abandoned yet they're getting shafted.

We could be in the same situation this time next year for all we know, and clubs opposing change may find themselves in a similar situation to hearts, partick and stranraer. Pretty sure these 3 teams would tell them to ram it knowing that clubs weren't willing to help them.

1 hour ago, Pesadilla said:

See this pish....

We've one of the tightest leagues in the UK here. There's pretty much all to play for. Nothing had been decided (until yesterday) but it's boring.

The playoff system in Scotland has been a resounding success (despite my own teams utter failure every time) with huge fan buy in and guarantee's an exciting end to the season, the percentage of possible team turnover in any of our lower leagues has to be one of the highest in Europe.

What needs to change is distribution of money and the playoff between the Championship and the Premier to be brought in line with all the others.

I'm afraid that when this hurried balls up of a reconstruction is over - within a season there will be some clamouring to do it again...and again....

We've got a pyramid system in place, we've got most teams reaching the tickly bit of the season with something to play for....but fucksake let change it.

Spot on, no need to change the leagues, pretty much most teams have something to play for all season.

1 hour ago, haufdaft said:

The bastion of integrity that is Ann Budge has commented again on reconstruction as:

"addressed through a temporary change to the league structure to cope with what is likely to be 2 very “abnormal” seasons."

So there you have it.

She wants reconstruction only as long as necessary to save Hearts.

Then back to 12-10-10-10 I'd assume

Do you think she decided it would be temporary or that is the remit she was given to work within? Possibly with a gentle reminder... "don't come back with a lot of shite, or your doon".

Can someone explain why Dundee changed their vote , as it stands they are in the playoffs for promotion, end the season now and they are stuck in the championship, would be really funny if reconstruction said top two up none down .....I take it the SPFL have guaranteed them something better than a playoff spot and if so surely that must be made public 

12th in premiership receives £1.12m while 2nd in championship gets £475k. I'm not sure if the increased away support would be enough to offset this.

Only way I could see the bottom premiership clubs voting in favour is because they think it gives them a better chance of remaining in the top flight.

And you forget the massive extra costs of policing Celtic and Rangers* fans.

9 minutes ago, champions said:

If clubs cant put rivalries aside during a world wide crisis, to come to a solution which removes relegation and includes promotion as a season is only partially complete then its pretty sad. It's not the fault of hearts, partick and stranraer that the season was abandoned yet they're getting shafted.

We could be in the same situation this time next year for all we know, and clubs opposing change may find themselves in a similar situation to hearts, partick and stranraer. Pretty sure these 3 teams would tell them to ram it knowing that clubs weren't willing to help them.

Well said , first decent comment on here for a while , just about every comment , suggestion or fantastic plan is put from a biased position and yes mine too but if because of this your team don’t get the chance to win promotion via the playoffs at least you are still in the same league ,it’s only right that the three teams getting relegated out of their division should complain as they are being penalised greater than any others and at a time like this wouldn’t it be great like the above posts says that teams less affected by this stuck up for the teams that are hardest hit ............

5 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

That wasn't really my point just an aside.

My point is they don't have the money for legal action , I think it's just posturing ……..unless Gerry Britton does it for free that is.    

Thing about the legal action is Bonnyrigg Rose were hinting towards it as they had a game in hand and were 6 pts behind Kelty, Kelty and Brora are both being denied the chance to play in the SPFL and added into that the Brechin chairman being on the SPFL board straight away there regardless what way you look at it is a conflict of interest so if they do it right the clubs being shafted the most out of this will club together in the challenge.

2 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

I think it was yesterday someone made a very neat proposal of a 16 team top flight - everyone playing twice then splitting in to 4 mini leagues with teams playing eachother home and away within that. Two automatic champleague places to 1 st & 2nd and a europa slot for 3rd, middle two group 'winners' - or 5th and 9th placed teams - play off for a europa slot, 2 teams relegated. Removes most teams having to play 4 times but crucially keeps 4 Glasgow/ new new firm derbies and TV companies happy. That's a clear winner for me, very unlikely to actually happen though 

Sounds like great fun for the middle two groups of four, considering theres only 4 European spots.

8 teams seasons would be over after 26 games 😂

Or you have the mental situation of a team finishing 12th getting into Europe 😂

Edited by RandomGuy.

Do you think she decided it would be temporary or that is the remit she was given to work within? Possibly with a gentle reminder... "don't come back with a lot of shite, or your doon".
She's not interested in the betterment of Scottish football only the wellbeing of Hearts.

The SPFL know that. That is why she's been selected, to mollify her and get back to a 12 team premier League asap.

Can someone explain why Dundee changed their vote , as it stands they are in the playoffs for promotion, end the season now and they are stuck in the championship, would be really funny if reconstruction said top two up none down .....I take it the SPFL have guaranteed them something better than a playoff spot and if so surely that must be made public 
No Dundee United, ICT or in the championship gives Dundee s much better chance of being promoted next season.

Perhaps that's why Budge is talking about reconstruction for two years rather than one.

It gives Dundee a chance of a bite at the pie.

It’ll be Friday, but there will be an unknown 28 day extension if the Old Firm don’t like the answer.....

I’ve absolutely no doubt it’s going to be a 14/10/10/10 set up. Everyone is hoping for some real change but it’s not going to be happen.

Would be very happy to be proven wrong however

10 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

She's not interested in the betterment of Scottish football only the wellbeing of Hearts.

This.

Thankfully her proposals have no chance of passing the 11-1 vote in the top flight, especially with her wanting temporary expansion. 

How many clubs up there will vote reduce their income for one season, and then treble the amount of relegation spots the next?

1 hour ago, champions said:

Welcome to the world.

53 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Sounds like great fun for the middle two groups of four, considering theres only 4 European spots.

8 teams seasons would be over after 26 games 😂

Or you have the mental situation of a team finishing 12th getting into Europe 😂

You havent even come close to reading this properly 

Just now, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

You havent even come close to reading this properly 

You've got teams playing each other twice, then splitting into groups of four and playing each other twice, to prevent sides playing clubs four times a season.

And a proposal that could see a team finish 4th, 10pts off the title, and miss out on Europe as the 9th placed team gets it.

You realise how ridiculous that sounds?

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You've got teams playing each other twice, then splitting into groups of four and playing each other twice, to prevent sides playing clubs four times a season.

And a proposal that could see a team finish 4th, 10pts off the title, and miss out on Europe as the 9th placed team gets it.

You realise how ridiculous that sounds?

If you were in 9th place just before the split there would be no motivation to win games and climb to 8th as you’d have 5th, 6th and 7th in your way rather than 10th, 11th and 12th!