The SPFL recommendation?

2 minutes ago, Michael W said:

This would however see clubs lose a home fixture against one of the OF - I can't see that flying unfortunately. 

Whilst this is true it wouldn't surprise me if it didn't actually effect average crowds or hospitality revenue over a season given supporters would actually be more enthusiastic about attending the rest of the games. When we were in the SPL our home gate would drop by 1000 when one of the arsecheeks came to town. We've also seen the like of Killie, Hibs, Aberdeen etc reduce Celtic/ The Rangers away allocations recently, don't think these gate receipts are seen as important as they once were, especially with the hugely inflated policing costs now required for these games. St Johnstone have gone the other way this season but after many years or resisting tbf. Could also see it being a winner for the current bottom 6 type clubs - much less likely chance of getting relegated in future, and more chance of top flight derbies which the current premiership sorely lacks. 

I might  be a million miles away but with the antics of the last 72 hours, and the Mickey Mouse SPFL how’s about the top four championship teams are promoted to make it 16 teams SPL. The void in the championship are replaced with four top teams in division 1. Division 1 teams are replaced with four top teams from division 2 and the league division 2 has four new teams promoted. 
There you go sorted - all league teams rewarded including all in play off places promoted, no relegations and four new junior teams given the chance. 
You mean 2 new teams from LL and HL, and 2 colts teams. Only way the arse cheeks would ever accept it.

Not a main concern, but a concern, definitely. Partick Thistle have been well and truly shafted, feel more for them than I do for us.
If it's unfair to declare Raith Rovers champions in an incomplete league season, then unfair to declare Falkirk runners up.

2 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

If it's unfair to declare Raith Rovers champions in an incomplete league season, then unfair to declare Falkirk runners up.

Agreed. Who would you promote if there was reconstruction and an extra team was required to round up the numbers?

6 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

The only viable reconstruction I can see is a 14 team SPL with 3 leagues of 10 below it. 

No relegation, Brora and Kelty up. 

This is the only one that has any chance of getting passed I think.  Can’t see the top team widening it up to a 16 team league. 

1 minute ago, roverthemoon said:

This is the only one that has any chance of getting passed I think.  Can’t see the top team widening it up to a 16 team league. 

The proposal with a 16 team top league would put Clyde, Peterhead and Forfar into the bottom tier again, along with keeping Cove down. 4 votes straight away that wouldn’t pass. 

You can’t reconstruct and make any club worse off. 

Agreed. Who would you promote if there was reconstruction and an extra team was required to round up the numbers?
I'm against any reconstruction at all.

If teams don't deserve to be (wrongly) relegated then teams don't deserve to be promoted.

My point is the hypocrisy of Falkirk if they agree to promotion based on second place when they objected to Rovers bring declared winners.
Don't get your point, I'm on to make Partick Thistle's case.
Thistle have a great case on principle. Falkirk don't.

25 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

I might  be a million miles away but with the antics of the last 72 hours, and the Mickey Mouse SPFL how’s about the top four championship teams are promoted to make it 16 teams SPL. The void in the championship are replaced with four top teams in division 1. Division 1 teams are replaced with four top teams from division 2 and the league division 2 has four new teams promoted. 
There you go sorted - all league teams rewarded including all in play off places promoted, no relegations and four new junior teams given the chance. 

Except that it doesn't do that at all, as has been pointed out every time someone makes this suggestion. There will be teams sitting fairly comfortably in L1 will go to the lowest league division. There are few universally beneficial outcomes, 14-10-10-10 avoids "relegation".

BTW "junior" teams are not involved in this in any way.

I think there’s a difference between deserving promotion and being declared winners.

I’ve stated several times, Raith deserve to go up.

However Raith do not deserve to be crowned champions in an unfinished and very tight top two...

Thistle were bottom on average points. They have no more nor less deserving a case than Falkirk imo....

Clyde - we beat Falkirk 3 times out of 3 so are clearly superior.

It’s very clear that Clyde supporters see this as their achievement of the century.
Well done in beating one of the worst Falkirk teams in living memory.
It must feel like winning the Champions League for you....

6 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

I'm against any reconstruction at all.

If teams don't deserve to be (wrongly) relegated then teams don't deserve to be promoted.

My point is the hypocrisy of Falkirk if they agree to promotion based on second place when they objected to Rovers bring declared winners.

If as a consequence of Thistle being saved from relegation through reconstruction that Falkirk are placed in the Championship then sure I'll take it.

Falkirk FC, myself, and I think most of our fans, have been in favour of league reconstruction for quite some time. You have stated that you are not in favour of league reconstruction, I respect your point of view.

26 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

The only viable reconstruction I can see is a 14 team SPL with 3 leagues of 10 below it. 

No relegation, Brora and Kelty up. 

Leagues of 10 are boring make less leagues and more teams in them. 

If as a consequence of Thistle being saved from relegation through reconstruction that Falkirk are placed in the Championship then sure I'll take it.
Falkirk FC, myself, and I think most of our fans, have been in favour of league reconstruction for quite some time. You have stated that you are not in favour of league reconstruction, I respect your point of view.
I genuinely believe if Hearts were not in the relegation spot there would be no reconstruction.

Could it be that Dundee were angling for a 14 team premier league for more than a single season.

If it’s only for a single season then we are committed to that before the campaign starts so everyone would know where they stand around relegation places BUT what if it’s actually quite popular. Going for 2 seasons could mean a vote after the first season is complete on whether to revert back or keep a 14 team premier. If voting to revert back this could then be implemented over the second season.

From Dundee’s point of view that doesn’t get them up this season but it puts them in the driving seat next season with a potential 14 team league still in place making it easier to stay up.