The SPFL recommendation?

2 hours ago, keyser_soze said:

We ain't heard the end of this, that's for sure. I'm assuming Dundee are looking into a 3 up 1 down top flight

That was my assumption as well - hence Dundee initially voting no and then changing their vote, eventually. However, I'd be amazed if it does go to a 14-team top league and it isn't a 'no relegation and 2 teams up from the championship' move (especially as Budge is heading the whole thing up), meaning Dundee are no better off. If fact because United would be up and Hearts wouldn't be coming down, that would be a real financial hit for Dundee. I'm hoping somewhat optimistically that a 16 team top flight is also to be discussed. Either way Partick don't get relegated and we get promoted which I believe is the right course of action here. 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

13 hours ago, renton said:

Agree with that, except that in order to get the ugly sisters on board I guarantee you positions 43 and 44 will be offered to their colt teams....

Would not be surprized but as I have always said that would be an end of me going to  Peterhead games

Looking at all post and what people are saying on social media i feel the only form of restructure should be 16/14/14 that way no clubs really miss out or are unfairly treated

The remaining clubs not promoted in League 1 won't be unfairly treated as they would still be in the same league and only 2 from the top flight as would the League 2 sides who would all be promoted along with teams from LL and HL

3 minutes ago, East Fife is best said:

Looking at all post and what people are saying on social media i feel the only form of restructure should be 14/14/14 that way no clubs really miss out or are unfairly treated

The remaining clubs not promoted in League 1 won't be unfairly treated as they would still be in the same league and only 2 from the top flight as would the League 2 sides who would all be promoted along with teams from LL and HL

With that scenario Brora and kelty would not be admitted.

Looking at all post and what people are saying on social media i feel the only form of restructure should be 14/14/14 that way no clubs really miss out or are unfairly treated

This is a load of shite.

Clyde, Peterhead, Forfar and Stranraer would all be relegated to the bottom tier and Cove aren't promoted.

3 minutes ago, East Fife is best said:

Disagree with that. As things stand, Clyde and Peterhead (and possibly Forfar) lose out big time. For us, games against the likes of near neighbours Partick and Airdrie replaced by games against the likes of Cowdenbeath and Albion Rovers. Wouldn’t be the first time we’ve been shafted by reconstruction as well. I guess nobody gives a toss about the wee teams though. 

Looking at all post and what people are saying on social media i feel the only form of restructure should be 16/14/14 that way no clubs really miss out or are unfairly treated

Hahaha. Here it is, after the days and weeks of clambouring for ‘sporting integrity’ which just happened to prevent their rivals being promoted, East Fife fans move on to the only ‘fair’ solution which just happens to see their own club - sitting 5th in League One - promoted.

Lovely stuff.

7 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Falkirk have, certainly short and medium term I understand , have no cash issues so had the role reversed I am not 100% sure we would have voted like an old 58 year old tart looking for a shag at 11 o’clock on a Saturday night when it is only the drunks left in her local pub.

Colourful, but pointless portrayal of Rovers voting yes. You could just as easily caricature Falkirk’s vote to try and stop the ending of the season as just as desperate. Every single club voted for self interest and what was best for them. If Falkirk has been top, they’d have voted yes in a heartbeat and with exact same enthusiasm Rovers did. You can try and convince yourself your club is somehow more principled than others, but their no vote suggests they are as motivated by self interest as the rest of us.

All an irrelevant debate now as the vote is done and I’m pretty sure that unless the SPFL completely botch this re-organisation, we’ll both be playing at the same level next season anyway. 

Edited by roverthemoon

10 hours ago, johnnydun said:

Don't see how it would blow up in our face? We had nothing to gain either way with the vote, reconstruction is not Nelms's responsibility either but he was trying his best to curb the damage to teams due to be relegated.

He could have just voted NO. 

Edited by beefybake

Watch teams such as Falkirk and Edinburgh City's objections disappear, re. league positions being confirmed on an incomplete season, if it means they're promoted as runners up.

Surely they should reject any such like proposal if their original objections were based on principle and not self interest.

1 hour ago, AFC1878 said:

The working party that has been formed and is headed up by Ann Budge will decide the best course of action is to scrap relegation thereby saving her club Hearts, and in doing so preventing any potential legal action by Thistle or Stranraer.

I reckon they’ll promote 2 from each league to make a 14 team Premiership and bring Brora and Kelty in at the bottom.

However, that doesn’t factor in Dundee’s part in all of this. What are they getting in return for their vote?

This is what should have happened from the very start. It’s not a perfect solution as it penalises the teams in 3rd/4th play-off spots, but it’s definitely the least worst option available. 

Whatever set up they go for they will have to guarantee at least 18 home games or thereabouts for lower league teams or the loss of revenue will kill them and no chance of getting a majority vote. Larger leagues certainly 16 will have too many meaningless games for clubs in the mid table positions. The 10 - 12 league set ups do have teams playing each other too much but there is mostly something to play for at all times ie promotion, relegation, play offs etc.

3 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

Watch teams such as Falkirk and Edinburgh City's objections disappear, re. league positions being confirmed on an incomplete season, if it means they're promoted as runners up.

Surely they should reject any such like proposal if their original objections were based on principle and not self interest.

Not if the principle was against unfair relegation, and their promotion gets round that.

That was my assumption as well - hence Dundee initially voting no and then changing their vote, eventually. However, I'd be amazed if it does go to a 14-team top league and it isn't a 'no relegation and 2 teams up from the championship' move (especially as Budge is heading the whole thing up), meaning Dundee are no better off. If fact because United would be up and Hearts wouldn't be coming down, that would be a real financial hit for Dundee. I'm hoping somewhat optimistically that a 16 team top flight is also to be discussed. Either way Partick don't get relegated and we get promoted which I believe is the right course of action here. 

Given both Hearts and Dundee’s vested interests, it could only be a 16 team top league with 4 up, none down.

However if they were to propose that there is no way the bigots and the TV would accept it so it’s not going to happen......

I can't see a temporary solution for an expanded Premiership holding up to be honest - why would Hamilton or St Mirren (for example) vote for a system that had a high chance of seeing them relegated? 

Short of Hearts wanting to stop themselves being relegated, I don't really see any incentives here for the Premiership teams to vote for expansion, other than appeasement to avoid this all going to court. Whether that's a powerful driver or not in itself, I don't know. 

12 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Give both Hearts and Dundee’s vested interests, it could only be a 16 team top league with 4 up, none down.
However if they were to propose that there is no way the bigots and the TV would accept it so it’s not going to happen......

I think it was yesterday someone made a very neat proposal of a 16 team top flight - everyone playing twice then splitting in to 4 mini leagues with teams playing eachother home and away within that. Two automatic champleague places to 1 st & 2nd and a europa slot for 3rd, middle two group 'winners' - or 5th and 9th placed teams - play off for a europa slot, 2 teams relegated. Removes most teams having to play 4 times but crucially keeps 4 Glasgow/ new new firm derbies and TV companies happy. That's a clear winner for me, very unlikely to actually happen though 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

11 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

Read our statement, we've reluctantly accepted the outcome of the vote

If reconstruction means saving hearts, partick and stranraer from an unfair relegation then why wouldnt we vote for it?

4 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

I think it was yesterday someone made a very neat proposal of a 16 team top flight - everyone playing twice then splitting in to 4 mini leagues with teams playing eachother home and away within that. Two automatic champleague places to 1 st & 2nd and a europa slot for 3rd, middle two group 'winners' - or 5th and 9th placed teams - play off for a europa slot, 2 teams relegated. Removes most teams having to play 4 times but crucially keeps 4 Glasgow/ new new firm derbies and TV companies happy. That's a clear winner for me, very unlikely to actually happen though 

This would however see clubs lose a home fixture against one of the OF - I can't see that flying unfortunately. 

1 minute ago, haufdaft said:

You believe Falkirk's main concern was about the relegation of Hearts, Thistle and Stranraer?

Not a main concern, but a concern, definitely. Partick Thistle have been well and truly shafted, feel more for them than I do for us.