The SPFL recommendation?

4 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

See the sorry thing about this is Dundee demanding reconstruction talks they can talk as much as they want it doesnt mean its going to happen in fact unless they have it in writing then it means f**k all, this is going to blow up in there face if it doesnt work out.

Don't see how it would blow up in our face? We had nothing to gain either way with the vote, reconstruction is not Nelms's responsibility either but he was trying his best to curb the damage to teams due to be relegated.

This. There’s no good guys or bad guys in any of this. Clubs are just looking after their own narrow interests. If the league had been stopped one week later, Falkirk and Rovers league position might have been reversed and each club would be taking a completely different stance than they are at the moment. No problem at all with that. 

If we were in Hearts, Partick, Falkirk, Stranraer’s position then I’d be livid and want my club to vote No.  And if they were in ours, they’d have voted Yes, so let’s not try and pretend there’s a principled and an unprincipled position in all of this. 

Not so sure Raith had any other agenda than getting their cash in. They were top of the league and would go up no matter if it had been a yes or no vote it was just about timing of when the decision was made.

Falkirk have, certainly short and medium term I understand , have no cash issues so had the role reversed I am not 100% sure we would have voted like an old 58 year old tart looking for a shag at 11 o’clock on a Saturday night when it is only the drunks left in her local pub.

I have said repeatedly we are in league 3 on merit and not top of the worst standard league we have been in since the late 70’s. We are not top we so deserve what we get. It is the culmination of 3 years of incompetence at Board level. Until there is a clearout of that it ain’t going to get any better.

If we are saved by reconstruction so be it but I for one won’t be that bothered. I am more concerned about us as a club long term than worrying about when league we will play in.

26 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Not so sure Raith had any other agenda than getting their cash in. They were top of the league and would go up no matter if it had been a yes or no vote it was just about timing of when the decision was made.

Falkirk have, certainly short and medium term I understand , have no cash issues so had the role reversed I am not 100% sure we would have voted like an old 58 year old tart looking for a shag at 11 o’clock on a Saturday night when it is only the drunks left in her local pub.

I have said repeatedly we are in league 3 on merit and not top of the worst standard league we have been in since the late 70’s. We are not top we so deserve what we get. It is the culmination of 3 years of incompetence at Board level. Until there is a clearout of that it ain’t going to get any better.

If we are saved by reconstruction so be it but I for one won’t be that bothered. I am more concerned about us as a club long term than worrying about when league we will play in.

On the whole, if Falkirk remains in League One next year, and the SPFL have a somewhat normal season (both iffy propositions right now), the challenge will be redesigning the team to incorporate a solid young core to build on. The good news is you’ll be doing it without an arm tied behind your back financially, so if (and that’s another big if) your manglement can see fit to allow your coaches to make the decisions and decide on who to chase and develop, I’d expect a reasonably prompt return to the  Championship. I suspect that after seeing the dogs dinner that Ray made of your season, even your leadership can understand the need to step back. Having done that after firing Ray, you lot came close to passing us, so Partick shouldn’t be a huge problem, if...

7 hours ago, Jack Burton said:
9 hours ago, champions said:
Not necessarily.
The pot of money is split between all 42 teams.  
Someone posted a table earlier of the cash splits, if they increase the league the team that finishes 14th would get the  same amount that the team who finished 2nd in the Champ the prior received. 
The only additional amount will be the approx £100k shared between the teams that finish 43rd and 44th, this would  be split between all 42 clubs.

There is a huge drop off between what 12th in the premiership and 2nd in the championship receive. I can't see the likes of Hamilton or St Mirren voting in favour of increasing the premiership to 14 unless the prize money for 13th and 14th is substantially increased.

Is it not better financially to finish 13th or 14th in a 14 team top flight due to increased away crowds compared to finishing 1st or 2nd in the champ based on the status quo?

Guest Ecosse83

Still nothing from Partick? Looks like legal action then!

I hope they don't believe the reconstruction rubbish, that will just be another SPFL stitch up. 

6 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

Still nothing from Partick? Looks like legal action then!

I hope they don't believe the reconstruction rubbish, that will just be another SPFL stitch up. 

I'd be amazed if Partick have the money for potentially lengthy legal action, especially right now.

They might have to go to the SPFL for an emergency loan to sue them. 

If they do they are effectively suing themselves and all the other clubs, aren't they? 

We ain't heard the end of this, that's for sure. I'm assuming Dundee are looking into a 3 up 1 down top flight, would imagine a 2 up and no relegation from all leagues with Kelty and Brora making up the numbers in league 2. season 20/21 with a 14 / 10 / 10 / 10 set up, 3 down 1 up to top flight with potential play off, other leagues as per usual, that said how they get 4 x OF games for the broadcasters remains to bee seen.

Season 21/22 goes with a 12 / 12 / 10 / 10 set up, championship similar format to top flight or is that just far too sensible ?

Guest Ecosse83
4 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

I'd be amazed if Partick have the money for potentially lengthy legal action, especially right now.

If they do they are effectively suing themselves and all the other clubs, aren't they? 

I suppose I depends on how much they feel they have been shafted. Other clubs were quick enough to relegate them so I'd be surprised if they bothered about those clubs too much right now. 

4 hours ago, TxRover said:

On the whole, if Falkirk remains in League One next year, and the SPFL have a somewhat normal season (both iffy propositions right now), the challenge will be redesigning the team to incorporate a solid young core to build on. The good news is you’ll be doing it without an arm tied behind your back financially, so if (and that’s another big if) your manglement can see fit to allow your coaches to make the decisions and decide on who to chase and develop, I’d expect a reasonably prompt return to the  Championship. I suspect that after seeing the dogs dinner that Ray made of your season, even your leadership can understand the need to step back. Having done that after firing Ray, you lot came close to passing us, so Partick shouldn’t be a huge problem, if...

You do know it's the same mob in charge that binned the youth academy to splurge money on other club's loan players and low quality journeymen. There's not a hope in hell of "a solid young core" now , that horse has seriously bolted.

The challenge is to survive this crisis, which I think we will, to take our place in a 14 team top league , well the only league of the teams that are left.

Just now, Ecosse83 said:

I suppose I depends on how much they feel they have been shafted. Other clubs were quick enough to relegate them so I'd be surprised if they bothered about those clubs too much right now. 

That wasn't really my point just an aside.

My point is they don't have the money for legal action , I think it's just posturing ……..unless Gerry Britton does it for free that is.    

Is it not better financially to finish 13th or 14th in a 14 team top flight due to increased away crowds compared to finishing 1st or 2nd in the champ based on the status quo?
12th in premiership receives £1.12m while 2nd in championship gets £475k. I'm not sure if the increased away support would be enough to offset this.

Only way I could see the bottom premiership clubs voting in favour is because they think it gives them a better chance of remaining in the top flight.

41 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

Partick have 5 million in the bank left from the lottery winner bloke so not short of a bob or two.

Guest Ecosse83
4 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Sorry missed out that even with reconstruction ( .... ) this would be one season only. Does anyone think  with the possibility of maybe three being relegated season after, they will vote ? NAFC 

Personally I think it will be another stitch up. Promise this and that, appoint Budge to oversee it to keep her quiet just now then vote no when in reality they had no intention of voting yes anyway. 

Thistle and Stranraer are the only ones that can put a spanner in the works now. 

The working party that has been formed and is headed up by Ann Budge will decide the best course of action is to scrap relegation thereby saving her club Hearts, and in doing so preventing any potential legal action by Thistle or Stranraer.

I reckon they’ll promote 2 from each league to make a 14 team Premiership and bring Brora and Kelty in at the bottom.

However, that doesn’t factor in Dundee’s part in all of this. What are they getting in return for their vote?

Gotta be honest, not really that interested in a 14-10-10-10 setup, 10 team divisions of the past few seasons are boring as f**k, considering you can end up playing the same opposition as much as what, 8 or 9 times in a season if you chuck in playoffs and cups? Not taking the opportunity to restructure the lower divisions would be a huge missed opportunity.

Edited by G_H

28 minutes ago, AFC1878 said:

The working party that has been formed and is headed up by Ann Budge will decide the best course of action is to scrap relegation thereby saving her club Hearts, and in doing so preventing any potential legal action by Thistle or Stranraer.

I reckon they’ll promote 2 from each league to make a 14 team Premiership and bring Brora and Kelty in at the bottom.

However, that doesn’t factor in Dundee’s part in all of this. What are they getting in return for their vote?

Don’t think we have the Reddies for a legal battle  , prefer the sense of injustice