The SPFL recommendation?

Agree with that, except that in order to get the ugly sisters on board I guarantee you positions 43 and 44 will be offered to their colt teams....

There are already two "colts" teams in the pyramid. Surely they would have a greater entitlement to these places than the corrupt b*****s from Glasgow.

They were relegated on average points, not on games played. Their relegation is no more unfair than Falkirk being denied the opportunity for promotion as they had a remaining home fixture against Raith.Again, I ask, what was a fairer solution? ....

Falkirk being denied is also unfair. The fairer solution would have been to distribute money and take time to look at all available options (including reconstruction obviously) instead of rushing this through and making an absolute mess of it. Whether that would have come up with a better, fairer way I don’t know (and may have been unlikely) but at least it wouldn’t involve coercing clubs to rush through a decision.

Falkirk being denied is also unfair. The fairer solution would have been to distribute money and take time to look at all available options (including reconstruction obviously) instead of rushing this through and making an absolute mess of it. Whether that would have come up with a better, fairer way I don’t know (and may have been unlikely) but at least it wouldn’t involve coercing clubs to rush through a decision.

Absolutely agree that it should never have been a dependency on calling the league to distribute the much needed cash. It’s also disgusting to see the unfair distribution amounts at a time of crisis. (Just compare our clubs with those in the Bundesliga who have redistributed much of the money to the lower leagues).
Nor should there be such ridiculously high bars set to pass a motion.
However the worst aspect of corruption for me is being allowed to vote no then change your vote but the reverse not being possible.
I’d feel more confident of a fair outcome if FIFA ran Scottish football....and the sad thing is, I’m not joking either.....

3 hours ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

Apologies if asked answered but I have just seen the news.

Why would you choose Ann Budge who has massive skin in the game to head a committee? Surely she will not be looking at the best outcome, but the only outcomes that save Hearts?

Now that you mention it, she does have a lot of skin, doesn't she?

Hearts backs Rangers price proposal as Ann Budge insists SPFL ...

On 13/04/2020 at 13:56, ribzanelli said:

I’m not suggesting that we incorporate a rule going forward that we play some sort of musical chairs where the league table stands on a random Saturday when the music stops but given this unprecedented situation I see no distinction between choosing Stranraer or Cove to be in league 1 next season and my preference would be Cove on the actual evidence presented to me over the previous 8 or so months. Relegating Stranraer will be unfair but letting them stay up at Cove’s expense on the basis that Arsenal caught Man U 20 years ago, St Mirren came back once and Stranraer had a few players coming back from injury is, in my opinion, also unfair.

Only 2 clubs in the 4 divisions are punished for a worldwide virus ,Shame on you all who Voted for this

1 hour ago, fifer67 said:

I agree with Charlie Nicholas a computer expert should be sent into the SPFL headquarters and deliver us the truth of the fake yes no vote. 

Agreeing with Charlie Nicholas leaves your credibility wanting somewhat. The fact he thinks you need a computer expert to track email delivery and receipt tells you a bit about the level he's operating at.

I definitely hope if it’s 2 up and none down (still think this is the best we’ll get) that Brora and Kelty come up instead of some shite Colt idea, I’d honestly rather not be promoted if Colt teams are part of the deal.

I hope not but I fear reorganisation may involve colt teams

If it does happen, surely old firm colts would need to start in the West of Scotland league.

8 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

I hope not but I fear reorganisation may involve colt teams

If it does happen, surely old firm colts would need to start in the West of Scotland league.

St Rochs v Rangers Colts. Ooft.

Not necessarily.
The pot of money is split between all 42 teams.  
Someone posted a table earlier of the cash splits, if they increase the league the team that finishes 14th would get the  same amount that the team who finished 2nd in the Champ the prior received. 
The only additional amount will be the approx £100k shared between the teams that finish 43rd and 44th, this would  be split between all 42 clubs.
There is a huge drop off between what 12th in the premiership and 2nd in the championship receive. I can't see the likes of Hamilton or St Mirren voting in favour of increasing the premiership to 14 unless the prize money for 13th and 14th is substantially increased.

After Dundee’s vote allegedly went awol there was never any doubt what way it was going to turn out. Hope Partick take it all the way through the courts. Your local Sunday league amateur committee would run circles round these clowns in charge of our leagues. I’ll say it again if that is sporting justice then I’m finished with football. I agree with Charlie Nicholas a computer expert should be sent into the SPFL headquarters and deliver us the truth of the fake yes no vote. 
How many times do I need to say this. The Courts are only open for emergency cases and there is a very limited list which that covers. A football club trying to claim they were unfairly relegated is not listed.

Unless technology is involved (which would potentially require legislation) then cases of this nature will not call probably until August at the vet earliest. The only way they could get it would be an interim interdict to essentially suspend the vote result but once the first sum is paid out tomorrow that won't be allowed.

There is a huge drop off between what 12th in the premiership and 2nd in the championship receive. I can't see the likes of Hamilton or St Mirren voting in favour of increasing the premiership to 14 unless the prize money for 13th and 14th is substantially increased.

On the other hand, having two more potentially weaker clubs in the division increases their chances of staying in the money league for longer....

Guest Ecosse83

Thistle are keeping quiet. Hopefully drafting up their legal challenge right now. 

When's the deadline? Is it 10am on Thursday or Friday?

3 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

57.35% of Dundonians voted ‘Yes’ in 2014 and I’d imagine the majority of them still live in that socially deprived shite-hole of a city.

What are they looking to gain from voting ‘Yes’ this time ??

I think they'll be shafted, along with the rest of us AGAIN - I wonder what Vow they were promised this time, which is already in the bin.