The SPFL recommendation?

I’d rather they were promoted than Partick staying up though. They were in relegation trouble last season despite budget so I don’t see how they deserve to stay up.

Because last season has nothing to do with this season and they had played one less game than the team above them (while only being 2 points behind).
Do they deserve to stay up? They definitely didn’t deserve to go down.

5 minutes ago, renton said:

Agree with that, except that in order to get the ugly sisters on board I guarantee you positions 43 and 44 will be offered to their colt teams....

Rangers seem to be keener on the idea of a colt team than Celtic. Neither would be adversely affected by a 14 team top flight as you'd still get 4 old firm games and TV would be happy.  Given the opposition to colt teams amongst the lower league clubs, I doubt that an SPFL pushing reconstruction would be keen to promote a colt team option.

Edited by BallochSonsFan

Because last season has nothing to do with this season and they had played one less game than the team above them (while only being 2 points behind).
Do they deserve to stay up? They definitely didn’t deserve to go down.

Wonder if you’ll feel the same if the announce one down, three up this season.....

1 minute ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Rangers seem to be keener on the idea of a colt team than Celtic. Neither would be adversely affected by a 14 team top flight as you'd still get 4 old firm games and TV would be happy.  Given the opposition to colt teams amongst the lower league clubs, I doubt that an SPFL pushing reconstruction would be keen to promote a colt team option.

Yeah, fair point. Then again they have nothing to lose by scuppering reconstruction either, and the 11-1 thing leaves plenty room for the Glasgow teams more capricious tendencies.

I absolutely do agree on the principle that the HL and LL sides should be the sides brought in, however.

Yeah, fair point. Then again they have nothing to lose by scuppering reconstruction either, and the 11-1 thing leaves plenty room for the Glasgow teams more capricious tendencies.

I absolutely do agree on the principle that the HL and LL sides should be the sides brought in, however.

Didn’t Brora Rangers previously announce that they were not too keen on promotion due to costs of travel etc?…

4 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

'The SPFL' isn't pushing for reconstruction though - and any pressure that its executives would have felt to do so has just been taken off them by Dundee changing their vote. Budge has been put in a corner by this move to come up with something that pleases just about everyone - when that fails, most clubs can just carry on with next season using the default promotion and relegations agreed to today and Hearts will be punted down as well. 

Didn’t Brora Rangers previously announce that they were not too keen on promotion due to costs of travel etc?…

It’s often been levelled at them but if they weren’t would they have let their payoff again Montrose be such a near run thing? By all account they were keen on going up this season.

4 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

That was the case a few years ago, this season they've made pretty clear they want to get promoted.

Seem pretty enthusiastic about potential SPFL football these days

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/highland-league/2080003/brora-rangers-would-take-potential-promotion-due-to-coronavirus-shutdown/

Could somebody tell the football league they are meant to be professional, they are far from it.The whole things a shambles. The standard of Scottish football in the Premier division is terrible and it's not much better in the championship. Why not ask the fans what they want instead of the crappy Premier division big boys. Those at the top supposedly running it don't have a clue. 

Wonder if you’ll feel the same if the announce one down, three up this season.....

Thistle have to be one of my least favourite clubs but I absolutely would. To relegate a team when they have played one less game than the team above and could save themselves is ridiculous and unbelievably unfair.

The only way I can see this panning out ultimately is no relegation and top 2 in each league promoted. This will create a 14 team Premiership which will split into top 6 and bottom 8, and create room for Brora and Kelty in League 2.

Thistle have to be one of my least favourite clubs but I absolutely would. To relegate a team when they have played one less game than the team above and could save themselves is ridiculous and unbelievably unfair.

They were relegated on average points, not on games played. Their relegation is no more unfair than Falkirk being denied the opportunity for promotion as they had a remaining home fixture against Raith.

Again, I ask, what was a fairer solution? ....

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Its 14 teams splitting the cash instead of 12 ffs.

Not necessarily.

The pot of money is split between all 42 teams.  

Someone posted a table earlier of the cash splits, if they increase the league the team that finishes 14th would get the  same amount that the team who finished 2nd in the Champ the prior received. 

The only additional amount will be the approx £100k shared between the teams that finish 43rd and 44th, this would  be split between all 42 clubs.

That was always the rumour but as I understand it they were keener on promotion this time round. Would be ironic if they’d intended to lose the playoff only to go up automatically [emoji23]

After Dundee’s vote allegedly went awol there was never any doubt what way it was going to turn out. Hope Partick take it all the way through the courts. Your local Sunday league amateur committee would run circles round these clowns in charge of our leagues. I’ll say it again if that is sporting justice then I’m finished with football. I agree with Charlie Nicholas a computer expert should be sent into the SPFL headquarters and deliver us the truth of the fake yes no vote. 

Ok now I’m confused, I thought it was just to settle the league places with relegation and promotion still to be dealt with

If the SkySports story is correct - and that’s a big IF given Sky's journalistic standards - then it just completes the farce that the SPFL can’t even accurately summarise their decisions in their website statement.

. I agree with Charlie Nicholas a computer expert should be sent into the SPFL headquarters and deliver us the truth of the fake yes no vote. 

I suspect it’ll be only a minor footnote in a few weeks time when reconstruction is confirmed.